Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821535 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2310 on: March 21, 2014, 04:35:52 AM »
Wait a sec, if you cannot open save folders, how are you supposed to move saves to another pc, or make backups?

You can open it from OS, I meant that scripting something that opens that folder from Ren'Py is not very wise.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2311 on: March 21, 2014, 04:40:24 AM »
Either shorcuts or readme.txt with all pathes then.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2312 on: March 21, 2014, 04:52:29 AM »
Either shorcuts or readme.txt with all pathes then.

Yeap, we'll need a tutorial at some point I guess.

I cannot find link to CWs packs in his folder... Going to download some of yours. Can you upload them to Mega as well (making sure that they are in proper format and can be just thrown in the game?)? I cannot torrent anything because I am behind two routers (first router I do not have access to :( )

I need to find something to do... gonna look at some options. I think finding some NPC to change alignments is a good bet for now. It sucks that it cannot be done at the moment. Maybe start writing a guide or tutorial after that? Gonna look for some nubish wizzard pic now, maybe a magical tower/guild picture as well, it can be closed for now but wizzard NPC near it could do the alignments and girlz with magical traits could hang around it as well...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2313 on: March 21, 2014, 05:47:02 AM »
I'm working with girls data files now, will upload everything when I get home.
You can download my tagged packs even now from both mega and db, but all topical data files are inside a separate folder in db, and there will be new ones soon.

Don't forget that we wanted a quest for changing MC aligment. And it probably would be a best bet for girls as well (maybe another one though).
So we don't need high detailed npc, if s/he will be a temporary one.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2314 on: March 21, 2014, 05:51:11 AM »
(making sure that they are in proper format and can be just thrown in the game?)
This is not guaranteed for my packs atm., so that's why there is no link. I'll add them back after I do the check.
Also, you once said that you wanted to just use Naruto pack + Rgirls for alpha, so I didn't hurry with anything mine...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2315 on: March 21, 2014, 06:16:41 AM »
This is not guaranteed for my packs atm., so that's why there is no link. I'll add them back after I do the check.
Also, you once said that you wanted to just use Naruto pack + Rgirls for alpha, so I didn't hurry with anything mine...

You have three Naruto girls btw. It doesn't have to be perfect, just fix whatever you think should be fixed and throw a link in DB. Sailor moon should be a decent bet for the @ as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2316 on: March 21, 2014, 06:18:29 AM »
I probably should remove healer occupation, since we never implemented it?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2317 on: March 21, 2014, 07:15:08 AM »
 Pushed:
 - changed beggar event girl + text adjustment - event priority lovered - renamed Kayo's music so it don't appear in other shops - some GM lines reverted back - miku dance white pixels removed
That all from me that I could do quickly, now try to make those girlpack ready.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2318 on: March 21, 2014, 07:24:40 AM »
Pushed:
 - changed beggar event girl + text adjustment - event priority lovered - renamed Kayo's music so it don't appear in other shops - some GM lines reverted back - miku dance white pixels removed
That all from me that I could do quickly, now try to make those girlpack ready.

Oki

I am clearing a pic for a mage girl I really want as NPC from backgrounds. None of the photoshop tolerance settings work so I am doing part on a pixel level, going to take a break and continue in an hour or so.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2319 on: March 21, 2014, 11:56:04 AM »
New data files are in db. And I uploaded tagged Angel rg.
No idea how are we going to distribute all that content  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2320 on: March 21, 2014, 03:10:22 PM »
New data files are in db. And I uploaded tagged Angel rg.

Awesome :)

No idea how are we going to distribute all that content  ::)

I am not 100% sure yet. Figuring that out is the main task for tomorrow. Right now I am going to work on that alignment NPC and not go to bed until that's finished. She is not going to be temporary, her assigning alignments will prolly be so.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2321 on: March 21, 2014, 06:05:03 PM »

Added a new location/found pic/NPC/SoundTrack.

Going to add the event now. It just occurred to me that we should add simple simple events: Chance of finding some money + Chance of finding a cheap item...

# Edit: Should increase cost of rankups*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:12:26 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2322 on: March 21, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »
 @Xela: Do you understand the image positioning in BE?  All of this BE values like "archon", "battle.Camera", "offset" that I don't understand are making it totally confusing for me  :(

I need to calculate sprite movement, that will fly from caster to target (that's simple (fighterx, fightery) to (targetx, tragety)) but then continue off screen on the same trajectory - like if its flying through the target ((targetx, tragety) to (?,?)).

My latest attempt that is working on paper doesn't place it right in game at all for whatever reason (500 is a made up value that should move the X somewhere off screen) :
Code: [Select]
                        offset = Transform(xanchor=self._sprite_fly.Anchor[0], yanchor=self._sprite_fly.Anchor[1])

# Try to normalize positions:
                        fighterx = fighter.Position.Transform.xpos - fighter._battle.CameraX
                        fightery = fighter.Position.Transform.ypos - fighter._battle.CameraY
                        targetx = target[0].Position.Transform.xpos - target[0]._battle.CameraX
                        tragety = target[0].Position.Transform.ypos - target[0]._battle.CameraY

# fly from caster to target
                        mf = Move((fighterx, fightery), (targetx, tragety), self._fly_duration)   
                        renpy.show(tag, what=self._sprite_fly, at_list=[mf, offset, do_the_flip], layer=l, zorder=fighter.Position.Z + 0.001)
                        fighter._battle.Pause(self._fly_duration)

# continue flying out on the same trajectory
                        if self._fly_off_screen:                         
                            if fighterx > targetx:

flip_math = -1
                            else:
                                flip_math = 1

flyoffx = targetx+(500*flip_math)
                            flyoffy = (tragety-fightery)*((500*flip_math)/(targetx-fighterx))+tragety   

mfout = Move((targetx, tragety), (flyoffx, flyoffy), self._fly_duration)
                            renpy.show("fly_off", what=self._sprite_fly, at_list=[mfout, offset, do_the_flip], layer=l, zorder=fighter.Position.Z + 0.001)   

Seriously, let's say the positions are:
fighterx=100,
fightery=150,
targetx =500,
tragety=200,
and I increase the final X position by 500 to 1000, then obviously continuing on, the Y must get higher (262,5 according to vector program)

(targetx+(500*flip_math)),((tragety-fightery)*((500*flip_math)/(targetx-fighterx))+tragety)     
= ((500+(500*1)),((200-150)*((500*1)/(500-100))+200)
= (1000),(50*(500/400)+200)
= (1000),(262,5)
It's just right! Then why the hell is my image always moving in the straight horizontal line?  ??? :'(
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:35:52 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2323 on: March 21, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »
@Xela: Do you understand the image positioning in BE?  All of this BE values like "archon", "battle.Camera", "offset" that I don't understand are making it totally confusing for me  :(

battle.Camera is not applicable to BE used in Arena. It calculates position if map > screensize which is never the case since all battles in Arena are stationary. I wrote that code because your arrow spells were flying all over the map in tile type fights :)

anchor/offset is to the letter as they're described in Ren'Py documentation.

flyoffy = (tragety-fightery)*((500*flip_math)/(targetx-fighterx))+tragety

It's just right! Then why the hell is my image always moving in the straight horizontal line?  ??? :'(

Try:

flyoffy = int(round((tragety-fightery)*((500*float(flip_math))/(targetx-fighterx))+tragety))

In Python 2.7:

(50*(500/400)+200) == 250
would return True.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2324 on: March 21, 2014, 07:06:46 PM »
                            flyoffy = int(round((tragety-fightery)*((500*float(flip_math))/(targetx-fighterx))+tragety))
Whoa, it's working! Awesome! Thanks a lot! (I have so much to learn...)

===========

Do you have any pointers how to add a new magic skill into the game from separate file? (start_id)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:46:53 PM by CherryWood »