Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821464 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2385 on: March 24, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
*** Took me 3 minutes of dedicated search to find out what was causing the faulty error reporting :D

Consider that fixed as well :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2386 on: March 24, 2014, 06:31:42 PM »
I've also excluded all "number tags" in Dark's packs.
What this means? Should I do something too?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2387 on: March 24, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »
What this means? Should I do something too?

No.

In some of the Darks packs, he unknowingly had an option of "auto-tagging" based on filenames on. That resulted in dozens of images tagged with "0", "1", "2", "Combat" and so on. I wrote a tiny script at the start of the game to kill all of these tags that I could isolate from the good tags.

Basically you should never do that :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2388 on: March 24, 2014, 08:27:15 PM »
Ok, I created few girl-unique items for SM pack, so now I have everything except Haruhi pack (no chance) and girlmeets too-low-disposition-awards adjustments (which I'm not really sure how to do) crossed out from my alpha mini todo list.

So I'll move to testing too. I don't even remember when I played the game last time  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2389 on: March 25, 2014, 12:57:28 AM »
*** Took me 3 minutes of dedicated search to find out what was causing the faulty error reporting :D
What was that?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2390 on: March 25, 2014, 04:46:34 AM »
What was that?

In order to kill rmb during normal gameplay but preserve it during the dev mode, I've moved:

config.developer = False/True

to the python early field. That shouldn't cause any issues but apparently it did and I could have just moved it to any init below -999... basically it was a bug that they will never fix unless stumbling upon it in code and me doing something weird (there is no actual reason for this setting to be on an early field other than convenience).
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2391 on: March 25, 2014, 06:00:50 AM »
When I set unique warrior girl to arena_willing = "true", she obtains a randomized lv and a set of combat (like sword attack even if she doesn't have one) and magic skills, in addition of what she have in her .xml
This really shouldn't happen, I believe.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2392 on: March 25, 2014, 06:06:46 AM »
When I set unique warrior girl to arena_willing = "true", she obtains a randomized lv and a set of combat (like sword attack even if she doesn't have one) and magic skills, in addition of what she have in her .xml
This really shouldn't happen, I believe.

It's an Alpha thing. Better sorting costs a lot of development time.

Basically arena_willing girls, once joined the arena should not be touched until beta release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2393 on: March 25, 2014, 06:36:52 AM »
It's an Alpha thing. Better sorting costs a lot of development time.

Basically arena_willing girls, once joined the arena should not be touched until beta release.
Oh it's ok, I just tried and talked her into joining normally through GMs and she doesn't have them that way (she's back to .xml values). So she have this random stuff only in matches and when I obtained her through my lame testing code  :) .

---------
A designg question, should girlpack girls have some starting exp? Right now, all my girls have exp = "0", because I don't know much abou it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2394 on: March 25, 2014, 06:43:11 AM »
Oh it's ok, I just tried and talked her into joining normally through GMs and she doesn't have them that way (she's back to .xml values). So she have this random stuff only in matches and when I obtained her through my lame testing code  :) .

Arena willing means that she might join Arena, not that she actually will. If she does join the Arena at game start, she will be excluded from girlsmeets. Code that governs that is still young, it'll get better with time.

She will never have "two sets" of stats as you suggest. The bump in stats happens when she joins the arena at game start.

You should never put arena_willing = True and script a meeting outside of girlsmeets (like an event for example) for the same girl at this stage of development.

---------
A designg question, should girlpack girls have some starting exp? Right now, all my girls have exp = "0", because I don't know much abou it.

Nope, better not. Not before the proper game logic to account for issues like that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2395 on: March 25, 2014, 06:57:53 AM »
Arena willing means that she might join Arena, not that she actually will. If she does join the Arena at game start, she will be excluded from girlsmeets. Code that governs that is still young, it'll get better with time.

She will never have "two sets" of stats as you suggest. The bump in stats happens when she joins the arena at game start.

You should never put arena_willing = True and script a meeting outside of girlsmeets (like an event for example) for the same girl at this stage of development.
Ok... I only briefly looked at the code at thought that she is excluded from girlmeets when she is waiting for a match, not that it's for all eternity, and didn't check the arena rosters after every start, so it could easily be just like you said it its.
But that means there is no point of having arena willing girl, if she just becomes a NPC fighter with 99% unnused pics atm  :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:00:05 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2396 on: March 25, 2014, 07:04:21 AM »
But that means there is no point of having arena willing girl, if she just becomes a NPC fighter with 99% unnused pics atm  :)

She might participate in dogfights or even challenge the match fighter if she has a permit, I don't really remember how that's coded. Arena is a complicate feature with a lot of code involved in it.

It depends on what you like I guess, I usually have couple of unique girls in the Arena for fun.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2397 on: March 25, 2014, 07:42:43 AM »
She might participate in dogfights or even challenge the match fighter if she has a permit, I don't really remember how that's coded. Arena is a complicate feature with a lot of code involved in it.

It depends on what you like I guess, I usually have couple of unique girls in the Arena for fun.
No problem with someone wanting to do that, he can change it in .xml if he want after all, I'm just commenting the fact that it currently take much less time to create a NPC arena fighter, so it's not really worth intending/distributing them as so. I've made a whole set of MC sprites in same time I need for one girl.  :)

I think arena unique fighters and npc teams should take advantage of the percentage system, increase their stats accordingly (best with the ability to preset some multipliers like 1,2x overall arena level) but preserve ratios and their skills and items.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2398 on: March 25, 2014, 07:46:59 AM »
I think arena unique fighters and npc teams should take advantage of the percentage system, increase their stats accordingly (best with the ability to preset some multipliers like 1,2x overall arena level) but preserve ratios and their skills and items.

In the future, world will be simulated. Meaning that there will be a lot of girls and other character in the game that will start with high stats if permitted. Also stats/exp will grow for everybody with each day unless such an option is turned off in xml.

It's not difficult to code in, just balancing of the world itself is complex and such system right now would be very confusing.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2399 on: March 25, 2014, 08:58:30 AM »
Sf Updated again! :)

- Coded in significant advantages for Casanova Class:
* All requirements for girlsmeets are lower on high charisma
* Possible bonuses to disposition on high charisma
* High sex/charisma is now very advantageous during most interaction (sex only where applicable obviously)
- Amount disposition increased will now be shown during girlsmeets
- Fixed sorting bug CW found in girlsmeets
- Improved SlideShow code
Like what we're doing?