Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821814 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2490 on: March 29, 2014, 12:57:39 PM »
Are we sure the Crazy Packs are working? I've never seen any Bleach girls in alpha from that Crazy Bleach pack and even if I enabled the console and tried to add them, their ID is not there. (If it's supposed to be the same, char["Orihime Inoue"])

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2491 on: March 29, 2014, 01:09:15 PM »
Are we sure the Crazy Packs are working? I've never seen any Bleach girls in alpha from that Crazy Bleach pack and even if I enabled the console and tried to add them, their ID is not there. (If it's supposed to be the same, char["Orihime Inoue"])

They are working, there are quite a few new bugs have been reported, mostly minor, I'll fix what I can tomorrow. Noone has reported missing Crazy girls. They are not participating in girlsmeets but all go to the SM. Their files can be edited to send them to girlsmeets obviously but it's not done by the game.

And yeah, you're prolly misspelling her name, it works just like with pytfall girls.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2492 on: March 29, 2014, 01:31:22 PM »
sorry! They are here...

------------

Is there something you would like me to look into right now?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2493 on: March 29, 2014, 02:19:51 PM »
Is there something you would like me to look into right now?

I don't know... kinda taking a break myself, I'll have some bugs to fix tomorrow but overall Alpha didn't turn out too bad. Most issues were with Mega and interface (flashy/unintuitive at places). There were only two ruining bugs, both introduced after Jaekes testing spree. If you want to work on something, just pick whatever you enjoy most.
====

Otherwise, there are some concerns about game being sluggish, but most players do not share that. There is an obvious lack of documentation of the game and modding capabilities. There are some very good requests and suggestions...

Tomorrow I will take care of all reported bugs that I will be able to find or replicate. Than we need to decide what to do next, I figure options are:

- Keep hacking at Alpha until that feels like a game.
- Add some features that would be required anyway
- Continue developing the game towards new version that will include new features.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2494 on: March 29, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »
I'm surprised that no one mentioned difficult fights at arena yet, except Jaeke. I'm not sure if we should do something about it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2495 on: March 29, 2014, 03:31:35 PM »
I'm surprised that no one mentioned difficult fights at arena yet, except Jaeke. I'm not sure if we should do something about it.

People have mentioned that, just not here... I think that there should be difficulty levels in the future.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Jaeke

« Reply #2496 on: March 30, 2014, 12:16:04 AM »
I haven't actually been able to play due to some errors I haven't gotten around to figuring out yet.
I agree with most of the feedback I've read though. Mainly minor UI things, balance or stuff planned for the future.
 Good job on the Alpha I say.  ;D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2497 on: March 30, 2014, 04:08:54 AM »
I haven't actually been able to play due to some errors I haven't gotten around to figuring out yet.
I agree with most of the feedback I've read though. Mainly minor UI things, balance or stuff planned for the future.
 Good job on the Alpha I say.  ;D

Kewl :) Weird about the errors, I am planning to fix a whole bunch of bugs today but nothing that makes the game unplayable.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2498 on: March 30, 2014, 05:17:11 AM »
If I change the girlpacks mid-game, I start to get missing picture errors everywhere. Not in new game, so it seems that picture links are stored in save files. Is it possible to renew them somehow?
We had a rebuild button in the early version I believe.

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #2499 on: March 30, 2014, 05:33:27 AM »
I'm not dead I swear ??? , Just that RL has had me running around like a damn headless chicken for the last few months hence why I haven't had the chance to sit and really write something decent. Not intentional at all though I swear
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2500 on: March 30, 2014, 05:51:13 AM »
Ok... so I need to gather all reports from all forums into one and try to fix as many bugs as I can today. Otherwise, we still haven't decided on where to go from here.

Bugz:
- Girlsmeets
- Slipper/Cute trait is crashing the game
- RMB in the arena chainfights is crashing the game
- image cache is prolly too high
- Inventory makes items disappear and reappear again after one more of the same item is purchased (not able to replicate yet).
- Auto-Rest needs to be smarter about putting girls back to work
- Girls that player interacted with and had their fatigue changed because of that interaction never go back to work (no idea what this is about, it should never work this way)
- Weird report about stats freeze up at 0, I don't think this is the case.
- DS_Store thing <-- Killed off for loading girls, but it may happen in other places. Didn't know that Apple OS was so full of shit :(

Requests:
- Add next day button to the next day screen (fast skipping, usually to recover MCs health)
- Make sure RMB closes as many windows as possible, not just where there is a top stripe
- Revise the ledgers, include taxes in them
- Lower the transparrency on textbox. Sometimes it's difficult to see the text.
- Look into reporting capped stats
- Look into a general report of all important events
- Add hotkeys
- Difficulty settings
- Items description window should be improved upon
- SM shopping should be closed in normal ways (should be doable but I need to think of a good way on how)
- Improve GM screen, add AP and gold to it
- Add sorting to dogfights? (This is not exactly what I wanted to do with that)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:35:27 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2501 on: March 30, 2014, 05:54:34 AM »
If I change the girlpacks mid-game, I start to get missing picture errors everywhere. Not in new game, so it seems that picture links are stored in save files. Is it possible to renew them somehow?
We had a rebuild button in the early version I believe.

We had but I've disabled that, maintaining it in ever changing game seemed to time consuming and I didn't have the skills to unify it with normal loading process back then,
I'll look into restoring the whole thing as time permits!

I'm not dead I swear ??? , Just that RL has had me running around like a damn headless chicken for the last few months hence why I haven't had the chance to sit and really write something decent. Not intentional at all though I swear

Yey! :)

We're all contributing at our own pace as time allows. Don't worry about it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #2502 on: March 30, 2014, 06:34:24 AM »
Right, I'll see if I can't make some time here or there and actually contribute something worthwhile then
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2503 on: March 30, 2014, 06:46:33 AM »
- Difficulty settings
Lower taxes (or no taxes at all), more gold from the begining, more AP for both MC and girls. Easy mode.

I wanna hard mode too in the future  ::)

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2504 on: March 30, 2014, 07:04:21 AM »
We had but I've disabled that, maintaining it in ever changing game seemed to time consuming and I didn't have the skills to unify it with normal loading process back then,
I'll look into restoring the whole thing as time permits!

Thanks, I'm playing the alpha, and when I notice a bad picture in my packs, I repair it - but that always cause the game to be unplayable at some point, when I can't even open the girl list or see new day most of the time.

Is it possible to add girls into running game, or is it the same? 

I just need to clarify this as I have to tell the players that updates in my packs are not save game compatible.

---------
Because someone wanted that, I've made a smaller version of my packs, reducing the size to 1/4. I can do that for my 3 naruto girls too if we want to reduce the download size of alpha a bit.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:16:40 AM by CherryWood »