devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821629 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2505 on: March 30, 2014, 08:12:14 AM »
Thanks, I'm playing the alpha, and when I notice a bad picture in my packs, I repair it - but that always cause the game to be unplayable at some point, when I can't even open the girl list or see new day most of the time.

Is it possible to add girls into running game, or is it the same? 

I just need to clarify this as I have to tell the players that updates in my packs are not save game compatible.

---------
Because someone wanted that, I've made a smaller version of my packs, reducing the size to 1/4. I can do that for my 3 naruto girls too if we want to reduce the download size of alpha a bit.

It's the same...

I've cleared some bugs and figured out some reports (not bugs as it turns out to be). Going to take a break and continue in couple of hours.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2506 on: March 30, 2014, 08:18:21 AM »
Ok, thank you.

--------
As reported in alpha thread, merging Airi with the Queens Blade pack caused her to have a bad item icon filepath in her Airi_start_id.rpy file. Can you please remove the link in alpha thread? (or replace that with fixed version)

--------
I think we should add some brothel building that will allow strippers early (but be terribad in every other aspects to balance it). Now it's hard to even test that job, as it comes really late.

---------
Consumables that increases joy are effective against the girl tendency to leave if you do not pay her wages. I think that's ok, but they're a bit imbalanced right now, especially cmax value is strangely distributed.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:46:02 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2507 on: March 30, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »
Consumables that increases joy are effective against the girl tendency to leave if you do not pay her wages. I think that's ok, but they're a bit imbalanced right now, especially cmax value is strangely distributed.
Hm, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2508 on: March 30, 2014, 06:12:14 PM »
Oki, I managed to clear a lot of bugs today and add some functionality as well, some of this stuff wasn't easy because I took shortcuts with the code before.

Since there are still 4 newly reported bugs left and some of the simple to add functionality still isn't added and partly cause I don't have any energy left, patch will have to wait until tomorrow...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2509 on: March 31, 2014, 07:16:47 AM »
Ok then, about joy items. Some of them are very rare and expensive (they also increase some stat permanently). Others are food, and we have food poisoning effect.
All of them are more or less balanced by ctemp field btw.
Cmax field used in items like Quality Makeup in order to limit charisma bonus, not joy. Although, I might increase it a bit in the future, so it will be useful at higher levels.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2510 on: March 31, 2014, 07:24:39 AM »
Ok then, about joy items. Some of them are very rare and expensive (they also increase some stat permanently). Others are food, and we have food poisoning effect.
Cmax field used in items like Quality Makeup in order to limit charisma bonus, not joy. Although, I might increase it a bit in the future, so it will be useful at higher levels.

Reminds me, I need to take a look at booty lube item and how it's applied. It's been reported to completely break the stat, I don't yet know how...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2511 on: March 31, 2014, 07:31:48 AM »
Holy sh#t, somehow it has cmax = -10. I wonder if it is the whole problem.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2512 on: March 31, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »
Holy sh#t, somehow it has cmax = -10. I wonder if it is the whole problem.

Doubt it. I just checked the code (it's old and confusing) and it doesn't look like it should work that way. I'll test it just in case, maybe it's a false report.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2513 on: March 31, 2014, 07:52:01 AM »
*I mean cblock.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2514 on: March 31, 2014, 07:56:04 AM »
I cannot replicate the booty lube thing, if cmax on it is at -10, it's completely useless as an item but it doesn't break diddly-squat. There are plenty of other bugs to fix thought.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2515 on: March 31, 2014, 08:17:48 AM »
@Xela:  Where I can find part of the code that puts and brother building image into next day screen report (and school too)? I've found where it is for all other screens, but not this one. These images are using just a scale function so it's very distorted in screens.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2516 on: March 31, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »
@Xela:  Where I can find part of the code that puts and brother building image into next day screen report (and school too)? I've found where it is for all other screens, but not this one. These images are using just a scale function so it's very distorted in screens.

Prolly brothel's next day method or the Event class.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2517 on: March 31, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »
Fixed a bit and pushed consumables xml.

I wonder, do we need to change them all to jsons during the code review as well?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2518 on: March 31, 2014, 10:23:43 AM »
Fixed a bit and pushed consumables xml.

I wonder, do we need to change them all to jsons during the code review as well?

Would not hurt to have some consistency...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2519 on: March 31, 2014, 10:52:01 AM »
Phew... think that I've cleared all reported bugs for now. There's going to be a patch tonight.
Like what we're doing?