devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821776 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2610 on: April 10, 2014, 08:08:41 AM »
Basically, I like obedience/loyality/pride system.

However, fear is probably an overkill as a separate stat. You probably cannot be loyal to someone you fear a lot, so fear could be negative loyality for example.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2611 on: April 10, 2014, 08:16:14 AM »

Noted, I am aware of gui's shortcomings but Dark has answered that already.

MS: Main Screen
==============================

Too many stats, we already have a lot, it's not realistic to keep track of for a small project. A good blueprint but there should be less stats and more depth. Also event driven system might work out better than stat driven one.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2612 on: April 10, 2014, 08:40:19 AM »
Also event driven system might work out better than stat driven one.
And what do you mean by that? How events can replace stats?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2613 on: April 10, 2014, 08:58:42 AM »
@Xela: I have a questing about pictures in gm girls selection:
I tried to replace tags in this:
Code: [Select]
use r_lightbutton(img=entry.show("bikini", "beach", exclude=["winter"], type="first_default", label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])with a variable:
                    $citybeach_tags = '"bikini","beach"'     
                    use r_lightbutton(img=entry.show(citybeach_tags, exclude=["winter"], type="first_default", label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])
but that's not working. How can I do something like that?

Offline glorer

« Reply #2614 on: April 10, 2014, 09:55:10 AM »

^These are very decent ideas, however you should be more clear about basic personality. Most of our characters (except random girls) should have a more or less unique personality, so it will be impossible to perfectly code for everyone.
Things like what they like, dislike, hate might depend on traits, but if you want more personal approach, you should give actual example of such a system.

ill use Anko as an example
Likes: showing off, exercise (this is what she says when you talk to her about her interest)
Dislikes: non-combat activities
Hates: cats (i know this one is unrealistic, everyone like cats XD but i need an example)

Likes (when doing something the girl like small increase on disposition +1/+2)

* Showing off:
     + All activities that require of her to be naked or half naked get a small little positive bonus  of +10%
     + Changing job to striper only need 400 disposition
     + You can convince her eventually to be always naked, this one is a double edged one, it will let her have the +10% bonus always, but if she gets hurt damage and recovery time increase by 10% and she will not wear armor/clothes of course

* Exercise:
    + Small bonus when performing athletic/combat training or other activities related +5%

Dislikes  (when doing something the girl dislike small decrease on disposition -1/-2)

* Non-combat activities
   - When performing activites not related to combat penalty -5%

Hates: when doing something the girl hate, regardless of what it is:
   - disposition decrease by -10
   - obedience decrease by -5
   - loyalty decrease by -1 (optional)
   - efficiency while performing the task -15%

As you can see there is a conflict between showing off and non-combat activities, in this case both, bonus and penalties, apply:
Bonus:  +10% +1/+2 disposition
Penalty -5%     -1/-2 disposition
End:     +5%

When doing something she hate the girl need high values, for example +80 obedience, +800 disposition and/or +80 loyalty (rounded the numbers :p), but due to the decreases, you will only make a girl do something she hates in case or great need, for ex:

You put Anko to protect a brothel with a catgirl inside, if Anko values are over the min required she will provide security for all, but the moment she get feed up (values go under min) she will protect the brothel but not the catgirl (she hates her after all).

In the example i used simple dislikes/likes like exercise and complex ones like showing off, for ex if she disliked showing off it changes like this:

* Showing off:
     - All activities that require of her to be naked or half naked get a small little penalty  of -10%
     - Changing job to striper only need 1000 disposition
     - She may wear revealing clothes but suffer a penalty of -10% on all activities while wearing it, if naked penalty increase to -20% and a 2% of failing.

Basically these are things personal about the girls, meanwhile traits are physical/psychological characteristics.

** This information is show on the info page of the girl **
** All likes/dislike/hates appears as ? ? ? on the girl page until you talk with her about them, you cant know them if she, or someone else, doesnt tell you **
** Traits like heartless or emotionless make a girl to not have any likes/dislikes/hates, you need emotions for that after all **

Quote from: DarkTl
Basically, I like obedience/loyality/pride system.

However, fear is probably an overkill as a separate stat. You probably cannot be loyal to someone you fear a lot, so fear could be negative loyality for example.

In my opinion you can, but because the loyalty is totally tied to fear the moment she dont fear you any longer her loyalty disappears and she becomes aggravated even, in numbers for every +1 fear over 30 you get +1 loyalty but for every -1 fear you suffer -1.5 loyalty or even -2.
It is possible for you to do stuff for someone because you are scared of him/her, but the moment you are no longer scared you are bound to hold your ground or confront them, this is only my personal opinion

I hope i explained myself well enough :p

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2615 on: April 10, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »
@Xela: I have a questing about pictures in gm girls selection:
I tried to replace tags in this:
use r_lightbutton(img=entry.show("bikini", "beach", exclude=["winter"], type="first_default", label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])with a variable:
                    $citybeach_tags = '"bikini","beach"'     
                    use r_lightbutton(img=entry.show(citybeach_tags, exclude=["winter"], type="first_default", label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])
but that's not working. How can I do something like that?

You're doing it right but forgetting to unpack the values. It should be entry.show(*citybeach_tags, ...), otherwise you pass a tuple of strings instead of individual strings as arguments.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2616 on: April 10, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »
I hope i explained myself well enough :p

Crystal clear but once again, it's a modding thing. There is no way that our team can apply a system like that for all girls, you're basically suggesting that we add yet another layer of properties to make girls different from one another while we cannot really properly manage even the layer (traits) we have today.

Everything that you propose with an exception of the jobs catgirls idea is already possible in girlsmeets/interactions through  individual girl modding and it's been made ridiculously easy. It will be possible for ST as well so there is no point to discuss likes/dislikes even further since it is something we leave to modders, bot the dev team.

And what do you mean by that? How events can replace stats?

With the goal being creating an enjoyable gaming experience, I mean exactly what I said.

Basically, working with loads and loads of stats is beyond boring and time consuming. Events are a bit easier to work with. What I suggest is that instead of having 4 or 5 new stats we just add one (obedience) and create loads of events that can occur during the training, add some NPCs that can help with it and so on.

Did you try the new Akabur game? It's (a lot) simpler that PyTFall logically but is a lot of fun... We could go with something like that instead of SM/Valet path, obviously transformed to reflect PyTFalls design/gameplay realities.

The thing is that I'm completely lost in all the traits, stats and items that we have now as it is, adding more seems like madness, we'll end up killing the development. We already have more than enough to create great gameplay value, in fact, we can prolly even scale down a bit.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2617 on: April 10, 2014, 04:36:25 PM »

I would personally prefer to just keep +- current stats (or even less stats than we have now as I seriously think that presence of intelligence, character and charisma is debatable) and use mainly traits. We have a lot of them, and it's easy to just add new if there is something missing - or use another thing we already have, effects. I mean, things like "she is mad at you" and everything could be effects too I believe.

Did you try the new Akabur game?
Can you send a link? If it's something useful to see....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:46:34 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Kuraku

« Reply #2618 on: April 10, 2014, 04:46:58 PM »
Ok got a question regarding Grillz  8) :

Topic of my question is insertion (phrasing!) and removal in an active game, i.e. I found or created some nice extra Girl  ??? and want her in my game.
How can one go about this? Last time i removed some unwanted individual, I kinda shot the whole game, :-[ receiving a *missing image* error at a lot of times.

You guys probably gonna tell that new girls added to the 'chars' folder will pop up once I start a new game.  Well heck no  :o , I didnt spend 20 hours building my Brothel business to start anew right away bcs of this. Is there a solution to integrate them into the active game somehow? Happy to take any advice on this case.  :-\

Regards  ~ 苦楽

Offline h3nta1fun

« Reply #2619 on: April 10, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »
Ok got a question regarding Grillz  8) :

Topic of my question is insertion (phrasing!) and removal in an active game, i.e. I found or created some nice extra Girl  ??? and want her in my game.
How can one go about this? Last time i removed some unwanted individual, I kinda shot the whole game, :-[ receiving a *missing image* error at a lot of times.

You guys probably gonna tell that new girls added to the 'chars' folder will pop up once I start a new game.  Well heck no  :o , I didnt spend 20 hours building my Brothel business to start anew right away bcs of this. Is there a solution to integrate them into the active game somehow? Happy to take any advice on this case.  :-\

Regards  ~ 苦楽

It may be a bit harsh, but there is no current way of adding or removing girls or images in an active save file  :(

The girl linitation was also present in the original WM, as the game populates the girl list at the beginning of the game, plus the image list as well ( the last limitation wasn't in the WM).

The image thing could be solved if the game rescans the girl folders for new/removed images at the beginning of a new session. Although it may be not as simple as it sounds, based at how it is coded. The other issue is a bit more difficult, especially if you want to remove an existing girl.

Still, the game is just an early alpha and Xela might find a way around some of that eventually.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2620 on: April 11, 2014, 12:52:27 AM »
I'll try that new game, however in my opinion it is easier to add a couple of stats than write a couple dozens of unique events.

Maybe we should postpone ST for now (since we don't even have a clear concept yet) and add life simulation for girls instead?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:15:22 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2621 on: April 11, 2014, 03:24:53 AM »
Can you send a link? If it's something useful to see....

https://mega.co.nz/#!P9ZwgDiQ!f03qauEULD35bQjrJve20Oah7vNdSNpY4UgPv9BOXnk

Strongly doubt that it's your thing...

Maybe we should postpone ST for now (since we don't even have a clear concept yet) and add life simulation for girls instead?

We still have time to discuss this and we can always change it in the process. Regardless of what approach we will take, I need to create buildings/escape system/logic skeleton first that would be the same for any option.

I'll try that new game, however in my opinion it is easier to add a couple of stats than write a couple dozens of unique events.

I am less certain of that.

Still, the game is just an early alpha and Xela might find a way around some of that eventually.

Adding new characters/traits/items/pics should be easy enough (would take 30 - 60 minutes to code in), removing them will have to wait a while...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2622 on: April 11, 2014, 04:08:45 AM »
We still have time to discuss this and we can always change it in the process. Regardless of what approach we will take, I need to create buildings/escape system/logic skeleton first that would be the same for any option.
Time to create ST thead and discuss buildings/escape system at very least?  :)

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2623 on: April 11, 2014, 04:53:15 AM »
You're doing it right but forgetting to unpack the values. It should be entry.show(*citybeach_tags, ...), otherwise you pass a tuple of strings instead of individual strings as arguments.
Thanks. That helped me, but as I still don't understand this much, I got stuck with the same after a while again. I suppose I could just ask about the whole thing. I want to make something with a structure like this (to replace the excluding):
$citybeach_tags_list = []

if chr.has_image("gm","beach"):
    $citybeach_tags_list.append(("gm","beach"))
if chr.has_image("gm","bikini","simple bg"):
    $citybeach_tags_list.append(("gm","bikini","simple bg"))
if chr.has_image("gm","swimsuit","simple bg"):
    $citybeach_tags_list.append(("gm","swimsuit","simple bg"))
if chr.has_image("gm","bikini","generic outdoor"):
    $citybeach_tags_list.append(("gm","bikini","generic outdoor"))   
if chr.has_image("gm","swimsuit","generic outdoor"):
    $citybeach_tags_list.append(("gm","swimsuit","generic outdoor"))

if not citybeach_tags_list:
    if chr.has_image("gm","generic outdoor"):
        $citybeach_tags_list.append(("gm","generic outdoor"))
    if chr.has_image("gm","simple bg"):
        $citybeach_tags_list.append(("gm","simple bg"))   

if not citybeach_tags_list:
    $citybeach_tags_list.append(("profile"))

$citybeach_tags = random.choice(citybeach_tags_list)

use r_lightbutton(img=entry.show(*citybeach_tags, label_cache=True, resize=(300, 400)), return_value=['jump', entry])
(not working)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2624 on: April 11, 2014, 05:50:56 AM »

I see nothing wrong with that code, it should work.

The way *args works is simple, you have a container (tuple in your case). If you pass it as an argument, it will pass the tuple that show method doesn't know what to do with. If you add the * to it, it will unpack the tuple and you get the effect you wanted.

I assume you have created a girl with "gm" tags?

====================
Edit:
Did you assign chr to the girl? This is before chr is set for the girlsmeets so unless you have something like $ chr = entry, it will not work. Or you can just auto-replace all chr with entry so it reads:

if entry.has_image(...):
    bla bla bla
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:54:16 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?