Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821182 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2685 on: May 01, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »
Ren'Py is not very good with spreadsheets so this is not the best way to go, we need a good game interface (adaptation of CW's option) instead.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2686 on: May 24, 2014, 12:05:10 PM »
*** I'll have time for the project starting mid-june. Before that time it is unlikely that we'll get something big done :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2687 on: May 25, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »
I'll finish resources collection within 2 weeks. And we need better concepts for both traits and tags system, so I have things to do for now (as well as Cherry, if he has time).

Offline Algernon

« Reply #2688 on: May 25, 2014, 06:25:21 PM »
First off, let me say that I love this game.  It's everything that I thought SimBro and Otherworld should be, and you're still adding content!  Simply awesome.

Anyway, I have a quick question.  I have some general game balancing ideas that I wanted to share, but I'm not exactly sure where I should post them.  I'd start a "Game Balancing - General" thread in the "Game Balancing" section, but I'm hesitant to do so. I don't want to be the person who started to clutter up that section.

Thank you in advance.  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2689 on: May 26, 2014, 02:14:52 AM »
Nah, feel free to start a new thread there.

Offline Algernon

« Reply #2690 on: May 26, 2014, 04:57:16 PM »
Thank you :)

I've got my ideas posted now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2691 on: May 29, 2014, 12:45:25 PM »
Hello, I have a problem. My character has 80/80 ATK, 62/62 MAG, 10/50 LCK, 67/67 AGI, 70/70 DEF and I don't know how to increase his stats. I have some items equipped but I can actually put'em off and there is no difference, stats look the same. I didn't learn any magic yet, because its too expensive. With stats like this I can only win with "horde of goblins". Thank you in advance for your help :)

Most actions that MC takes do earn experience, with experience levels are increased and with them both stat caps and effectiveness of some items. It's a matter of playing/fighting/interacting and etc.
Like what we're doing?

Offline NahNah

« Reply #2692 on: May 29, 2014, 12:50:07 PM »
Most actions that MC takes do earn experience, with experience levels are increased and with them both stat caps and effectiveness of some items. It's a matter of playing/fighting/interacting and etc.
I've just realised that when I lvl up these stats level up with me, so I removed my post, sorry :d But why it's always at maximum?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2693 on: May 29, 2014, 12:57:51 PM »
You prolly maxed out your stats completely and items are pushing them to the max.

At any point in the game stats are calculated from base which cannot be higher than max cap + equipment bonus, after you level up if you have am attack of lets say:

30/32 but you also have a sword equipped you'll just have 32/32 Attack.

To make it more complicated, there are two stat caps so at level 25 - 50 (depends on a stat) at some point items that raise max caps will actually work so lets say you have some kickass armor that increases defence cap by 50 and stat by 50.

At level 10 you might have 50/60 defence and that armor will max it out at 60/60. At level 30 you may have 120/130 defence but that very same armor will raise it to 170/180. It's a complex system, we'll have some NPC explain it in future versions.
Like what we're doing?

Offline NahNah

« Reply #2694 on: May 29, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »
Thank you very much, you helped me a lot.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2695 on: May 29, 2014, 02:55:23 PM »
Oki, so I definitely squashed two bugs today but also have found some fundamental flow in new stats logic or items stat bonuses application method. Going to take some digging...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2696 on: May 29, 2014, 04:34:32 PM »
There was no flaw, just something I've created today due to negligence and being a bit out of practice.

Anyway, I cannot replicate or understand a bug some people reported where training actually decreases stats! Neither have I found any likely explanation in the code. That's all for tonight, I am getting some ideas on unifying finances into a single module and trying to figure out if it'll be worth the time in a long run and I've finished prototyping difficulties class and how it'll be applied in the game so I can start implementing that soon.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2697 on: May 30, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »
Finally finished resources collection. The next step is to sort backgrounds and sprites, as well as clean a bit my db folder.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2698 on: May 30, 2014, 01:58:33 PM »
I will be touching the girlmeets files for a bit...

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #2699 on: May 30, 2014, 02:41:55 PM »
I've experienced the negative stats during training bug.  It seems to relate to armor being worn.  For Example, If the MC was wearing the plate armor with -30 agility and then trained with the arena girl; the MC would lose between 20 to 30 agility.  Conversely, If the MC had the +10 constitution bracers on and trained with her and the training resulted in a constitution gain, then the +10 from the bracers was added to gain.  It was the same with training charisma with the leprauchan girl if wearing the +charimsa coat.  I don't know if this will help you figure it out in the code, but it's just what I observed.