Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821631 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2745 on: June 14, 2014, 01:56:09 PM »
You cannot just summarize all their upkeeps and normalize them before actual payment, despite the fact that the game calculates and stores them every turn? How is it even possible?

Well, I shouldn't have said "can't", I should have said a LOT more effort than it's worth :) If you like I can make a list of reasons why...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2746 on: June 14, 2014, 02:04:46 PM »
I tried to test high level girls, but the game seems to ignore the exp field in data files. I told you we need a normal, "level" field  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2747 on: June 14, 2014, 02:23:20 PM »
I tried to test high level girls, but the game seems to ignore the exp field in data files. I told you we need a normal, "level" field  :)

Stats have been separated. Use console, unless you go in too deep python reads/writes almost like a normal language. Either when you're in girls profile screen:

Code: [Select]
chr.exp += 10000000
or from anywhere:

for girl in hero.girls:
    girl.exp += 10000000

To handle them in bulk.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2748 on: June 14, 2014, 03:36:37 PM »
Pushed new strip tips. No need to change the formula there, just divided them by 10 after testing.

I'm not sure what is going on with bar income. Girls that don't have much difference in skills get very different amounts of money per shift.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2749 on: June 14, 2014, 04:04:53 PM »
I'm not sure what is going on with bar income. Girls that don't have much difference in skills get very different amounts of money per shift.

It's a combination of an AP relay and stat modifiers. Girls can spend 1 - 2 AP per shift and formula will be further modified by her stats. I did that to reduce the amount of very similar events but there were better ways I guess that I haven't considered over an year ago. I think that it was just about trying to figure out how stuff works in Python functions (jobs were functions back then, Rudi and I later made classes out of them for the sake of clarity). Also to make sure AP's are less likely to get wasted and go to another Service Jobs as required.

For as long as she has more than 2 AP, 1 or 2 spent per shift will be chosen randomly.

Then:

clientsmax = self.APr * 4 + (self.girl.agility * 0.1 + self.girl.service * 0.2)
We get the maximum amount of clients she can service per turn. The total amount of clients is decided on clients preferences during their creation (wants to see striptease/wants to have a drink etc.) and your strippers stats and performance. Infamous strippers or those with traits customer likes may convince a client to go to bar/club even if that wasn't originally intended. Total pool is created and then resolved on "per shift" basis by your girls.

barfees = int(clientsserved * 0.5) * self.APr * int(self.girl.refinement * 0.2 + self.girl.charisma * 0.2 + self.girl.service * 0.2)
            tips = 0 # Will be 0 - 15% of the total bill depending on girls skillz and looks.

if tapas:
                barfees = barfees * 1.5
            elif beer:
                barfees = barfees * 1.2

# Skill checks
            if self.girl.service > 300:
                self.brothelmod['reputation'] += choice([0, 1])
                barfees = barfees * 1.5
                tips = barfees * 0.10
                self.txt.append("She was a godlike bartender, customers kept spending their money just for the pleasure of her company. \n")

We get the barfees and then modify them on basis of upgrades as well as high stats of the bartender.

I hope this clears things up a bit :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2750 on: June 14, 2014, 07:18:53 PM »
SF Updated:

- ND Summary screen is 85% finished.
- Possibly killed the No sing STILL clients flooding in bug (should work but code is a bit messy in those places)
- Set two new red flags for the events
- Recoded the actual ND reports screens
- Adapted code to match images to new dimensions
- Prolly killed the bug Dark repotred on next day, no girl, brothel to dirty routine

Like what we're doing?

Offline laposteb

« Reply #2751 on: June 15, 2014, 07:30:31 AM »
I do not have time right now to tamper with my favorite photoshop, but I keep an eye on your progress for future updates, I do not know how to say it in English so I would say in French:
"J en ai l'eau à la bouche."

Literally: I water in the mouth.

I'll take out the definition :  ;D
When you're hungry and you face a dish that you particularly like, habitual physical reaction is to get to salivate. It is this phenomenon known what came of all this expression, which is used since the fifteenth century in various forms.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2752 on: June 15, 2014, 08:55:55 AM »
I do not have time right now to tamper with my favorite photoshop, but I keep an eye on your progress for future updates, I do not know how to say it in English so I would say in French:
"J en ai l'eau à la bouche."

Literally: I water in the mouth.

I'll take out the definition :  ;D
When you're hungry and you face a dish that you particularly like, habitual physical reaction is to get to salivate. It is this phenomenon known what came of all this expression, which is used since the fifteenth century in various forms.

Roflmao! (It's called drooling* in English I believe)

SF Updated again:

- Added text for negative upkeep text
- All values will be rounded and converted to int before logging into finances
- Fixed a couple of minor bugs
- 0 fee for Ads will no longer be logged in
- Fixed some issues with dedicated shops refusing to buy almost anything

* It is now possible to review red flagged events only (new filter)
** Summary will also report where the flags are but it is not yet possible to review the with narrower filters (but almost everything is tooliped and infrastructure for future upgrades to this code is laid out!)
*** Will eventually improve this as well obviously but I am getting sick from working on the same screen for so long

Now I need to figure out what to do next...

Results:

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2753 on: June 15, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »
Oki, I've decided to put some time into fixing the skills thing after quipping items thing and trying to improve Arena's Survival fights since it's a popular thing as well. It's very different from the ND screen.

@ CW:
You've been very quite lately?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2754 on: June 15, 2014, 01:44:49 PM »
You could try to improve arena fights indeed. I did the best I can to balance them with the current system, so maybe you could change the system a bit.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:53:48 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2755 on: June 15, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »
You could try to improve arena fights indeed. I did the best I can to balance them with the current system, so maybe you could try to change the system a bit.

I killed the bug but haven't started working on Arena yet. I've been having too many ideas on how to expand the world, some new events and storylines + much needed improvement to customers and maybe even adding simple AI but I will prolly need some help in those areas.

I want to start by allowing more than one fighter and fighting either with the same amount of opponents or the same - 1 (2 vs 1 or 3 vs 2 will be possible). Also I want to add a random bonuses system with chances to recover by x hp/mp/completely/get some gold/experience.

As stated before, I really like our system and think that the solution to improving it lies elsewhere than in design itself. Simply leveling up crew is very likely to have them all very similar to each other on higher levels...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2756 on: June 15, 2014, 02:10:21 PM »
I'm in a loss. It's not unusual to see one service girl with 2 gold and another with 150+ with about the same stats. I don't think it's the tips formula, more like uneven distribution of customers or something.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2757 on: June 15, 2014, 02:12:19 PM »
I'm in a loss. It's not unusual to see one service girl with 2 gold and another with 150+ with about the same stats. I don't think it's the tips formula, more like uneven distribution of customers or something.

They will take as many as they can handle. 2 gold was prolly one that got the remaining 1 or 2 clients. And the next report was club report... I'll take a look myself in a bit.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2758 on: June 15, 2014, 02:35:10 PM »
Pushed small fix for whores. I forgot about upkeep, thus whores were not profitable at all at low levels.

I have no idea how to balance bar tips with that kind of scatter.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2759 on: June 15, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »
I have no idea how to balance bar tips with that kind of scatter.

I figured it out. Entire outcome of formulas has be multiplied by amount of AP spent, not just a part. We also need to add that to stripping tips and maybe all stat modifiers (it is already account in most of them there).

I never gave any thought to these formulas and just wrote whatever came to mind...

Edit: There is also a bug in cleaning routine, it starts before the hired cleaners and that is NOT intended.

Do you want me to fix the formulas to the state where they make sense or will you take care of it?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:50:47 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?