Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821742 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2790 on: June 21, 2014, 01:30:35 PM »
A ->good<- club girl will have much more than 8, providing that she has enough customers. Lvl 14 girl with 50 charisma/refinement/service will have 50-150 per shift depending on the number of customers and AP. And 14 is not even close to really high levels.
Basically, I don't want bad whores/waitresses/etc with 0-10 stats to be good, self-sustaining workers. You have to train them or find and convince to join some good ones (when we finally will have levels in girls data files).

Also, since only whores have such a thing as ranks, they should make the best profit, and they do even now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2791 on: June 21, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
A ->good<- club girl will have much more than 8, providing that she has enough customers. Lvl 14 girl with 50 charisma/refinement/service will have 50-150 per shift depending on the number of customers and AP. And 14 is not even close to really high levels.
Basically, I don't want bad whores/waitresses/etc with 0-10 stats to be good, self-sustaining workers. You have to train them or find and convince to join some good ones (when we finally will have levels in girls data files).

Also, since only whores have such a thing as ranks, they should make the best profit, and they do even now.

Ok, if you say so.

Still seems unreasonably low... Anyway, I made some progress with the realtor but got a bit distracted. Basic version will be finished tonight, advanced (for more building types than brothels) I am not yet sure how to code in properly, since those other buildings don't really exist yet.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2792 on: June 21, 2014, 02:46:31 PM »
I believe it's called denomination. We always can reduce upkeep and wage if the game will be too difficult, so there is no need to keep high income only for that.

Providing that you need about 10-15 gold per day to survive according to the current concept, about 10 per day for someone who cannot properly do anything at all is more than enough.
It was kinda strange that customers complaned about girls looks and stuff, yet paid quire a lot.

Though perhaps we could change that job's logic a bit. Theoretically, bar icome should not depend so much on waitresses. Maybe we should turn it into low profitalbe, but steady source of income, in contrast to high profitalbe but not so steady whores. I think I'll try it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:04:04 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2793 on: June 21, 2014, 03:59:20 PM »
I believe it's called denomination. We always can reduce upkeep and wage if the game will be too difficult, so there is no need to keep high income only for that.

Providing that you need about 10-15 gold per day to survive according to the current concept, about 10 per day for someone who cannot properly do anything at all is more than enough.

Yeah, i understand that but even a shitty waitress should bring in good money in a good establishment, at the expense of reputation and satisfaction. Anyway, do your worse :) I don't mind either way. I think when you'll finish and I wrap up the realtor, we may release an "unofficial" release so people could test new stuff and get some feedback.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Marquis

« Reply #2794 on: June 21, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
... I think when you'll finish and I wrap up the realtor, we may release an "unofficial" release so people could test new stuff and get some feedback.

Cool!!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2795 on: June 21, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »

Cool!!

There is also some pre-history written, I'll try to work that in as well.

This is the first working preset of the realtor called Rose, the NVL bit is written by Klaus (same as the pre-history):

I am going to allow picking a building to get details before buying tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline laposteb

« Reply #2796 on: June 21, 2014, 07:07:57 PM »

If possible, made ​​sure we can change the images of personages or background of the game with a folder.
As before, you change all the code, I can do my little request ^ ^

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2797 on: June 21, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »
If possible, made ​​sure we can change the images of personages or background of the game with a folder.
As before, you change all the code, I can do my little request ^ ^

Sure you can, resources are being loaded automatically. Or do you mean something different?
Like what we're doing?

Offline laposteb

« Reply #2798 on: June 22, 2014, 03:36:17 AM »
I speak for mod the game  ;)
I know for the girl is normal whit file xml, tags, etc ...
But for the player, NPC, object, background if you could keep it as before.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2799 on: June 22, 2014, 05:22:11 AM »
But for the player, NPC, object, background if you could keep it as before.

There are no immediate plans to change that :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2800 on: June 22, 2014, 04:12:52 PM »
Final version of the realtor:

I'll add an apartment next and start working towards the simulated exploration next.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2801 on: June 24, 2014, 03:17:56 AM »
What is the max for brothel reputation?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2802 on: June 24, 2014, 04:05:45 AM »
What is the max for brothel reputation?

1000 but only one of the brothels can go that far.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2803 on: June 24, 2014, 05:09:46 AM »
I'm going to add brothel fame to income formulas, it seems quite reasonable to me.
And what about other brothels?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2804 on: June 24, 2014, 05:27:59 AM »
I'm going to add brothel fame to income formulas, it seems quite reasonable to me.

Reputation is reasonable to use in the income formulas, fame just means more clients and that already transfers to a greater income as long as you can accommodate them. Reputation means better class of clientele, that should mean more income and does NOT at the moment.

I wanted client him/herself to determine how much they pay/can pay but I have no idea if I ever get around to creating blueprints for clients of different castes and noone else wants to do it. Also Reputation in the formulas will serve almost the same purpose over the long run.

And what about other brothels?

I just pushed realtor, you can take a look there or in the .json file.
Like what we're doing?