devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821808 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2835 on: June 25, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
I thought about race traits system, but it quickly becomes too complicated in case of crossbreeds. I guess we could use base races as traits, but it will be too confusing for players if for example some dryad will have Elf trait out of nowhere.
So two races system is our best bet.

About tsundere effect, how difficult it will be to code flat and simple "mod": {"character": 20, "blowjob": 10, "service": 15, "upkeep": -5} for disposition > 800 no matter the current level? Is it too messy too?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2836 on: June 25, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »
I thought about race traits system, but it quickly becomes too complicated in case of crossbreeds. I guess we could use base races as traits, but it will be too confusing for players if for example some dryad will have Elf trait out of nowhere.
So two races system is our best bet.

About tsundere effect, how difficult it will be to code flat and simple "mod": {"character": 20, "blowjob": 10, "service": 15, "upkeep": -5} for disposition > 800 no matter the current level? Is it too messy too?

Likely, yes. The trouble is not just that. Traits can be lost, gained and regained. So once the disposition reaches 800 and the effect is applied once, flag needs to be set. Than this flag needs to be checked against every time trait is removed, gained, disposition drops and increased back above 800 and etc.

All of that is perfectly doable as a system but just for one trait/effect... seems like an overkill. It might be simpler to code in an effect that has a random chance to increase character, blowjob and service by 1 every day or every 5 days for example for as long as disposition is larger than 800. That would be simple and not intrusive to code. Also what you suggested is possible but as long as it happens once the disposition of 800 is reached and never again for this girl (even if trait is lost completely).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2837 on: June 25, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »
Ok, so this is some complex sh!t (prolly only the first time it's done thought).

My head is throbbing but I'd call it a good day (even thought there is only 300 lines of code had been written).

It is now basically possible to create teams using drag/drop interface and remove member from the team. Fighters Guild will have one team at the start but it will be expandable and upgradable. I am not yet sure if we should allow multiple guilds or not. I am going to get some beer and see if I can relax enough to get anything else done :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2838 on: June 26, 2014, 02:23:47 AM »
Do you want to create a team from player's girls only? Or it will be possible to include there any willing warrior girls (for a fee, and to raise disposition during adventures)?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2839 on: June 26, 2014, 04:10:55 AM »
Do you want to create a team from player's girls only? Or it will be possible to include there any willing warrior girls (for a fee, and to raise disposition during adventures)?

Not sure... what you see there are all of the MC's girls in the dev mode but any container can be used. To be perfectly honest I just want to get some simple form of the exploration done, prolly for player girls only. We can always expand and complicate logic later own, I wanted Arena to do a lot more originally but while it looks fairly simple from the first glance, it's actually more than 3500 lines of code already (for example). I think the first playable version of exploration will be somewhere in the 1500 Arena (250 lines now). And it's all fairly complex because exploration must track progress, unlock new locations, block/remove girls from player lists while they're off exploring so player can't interact, have a number of upgrades and so on.

So maybe if this module is successful, we can expand it later on, otherwise we can put more time into Arena/Brothels for example. Also, with this working, we can prolly throw in a simple ST module and Alchemy module (Copy/Improve Alkion design). If we can finish all of that, we can make a poll of what players would like to see improved and advanced like:

- Girlsmeets
- Interactions
- Arena
- Slave Training Guild
- Fighting Guild (Exploration)
- Brothels
- Events
- Alchemy Guild
- Content (We need to add faith, more NPCs, Expand NPCs, Locations)

Even with all of that we still wouldn't have:

- Quest tracker
- Personal (Player controlled) Exploration
- Cloning
- Territory Control (This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately for the Fleebottom ghetto, WMlike territory control of the lawless parts of the city, one Huge powerful family that lives on top on the mountain next to the Mage Tower and controls everything that would be almost impossible to defeat), teams of girls/NPCs/We can include some simple gang-member for meat shield as well. Maybe this will be a good use of the moving about engine and we can allow more than three teammates.
==================================================

Basically, (repeating myself) I'd prefer to have more content over the complex logic. Logic can always be added at latter stages of the development.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2840 on: June 26, 2014, 04:57:36 AM »
What bothers me here is that all that code required for exploration will be useless after we'll add EE. Providing that we will add it.

At the same time I'm not sure how to handle EE at all. The game has, or at least can have hundreds, if not thousands characters (mgirls, rgirls, clones).
When you explore some dungeon with a very small team in real time every turn, you are separated from the main part of the game, you are not a manager anymore, you are a performer.
So on the one hand we have autonomous exploring teams, on the other hand we have party EE. From the viewpoint of efficiency teams are better.

Maybe if we'll add some kind of EE eventually, it should be more global than one dungeon with two girls in party per time. Like in some turn-based strategies, where you explore territory via menu rather than personally.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2841 on: June 26, 2014, 05:50:15 AM »
What bothers me here is that all that code required for exploration will be useless after we'll add EE. Providing that we will add it.

My take on this:

- When we have EE, you will have a choice to send MC's team exploring, loosing control of the management/ND reports for a number of days.
- Same locations/logic/rewards should be available to you as if you were sending girls teams, yet you should be able to get more loot than a team of similar size (rewards for the micro required).
- So everything made for the simulated exploration will be in effect and beyond useful.

At the same time I'm not sure how to handle EE at all. The game has, or at least can have hundreds, if not thousands characters (mgirls, rgirls, clones).
When you explore some dungeon with a very small team in real time every turn, you are separated from the main part of the game, you are not a manager anymore, you are a performer.
So on the one hand we have autonomous exploring teams, on the other hand we have party EE. From the viewpoint of efficiency teams are better.

- I want EE to look something like our Forest Exploration does now.
- With possibilities to meet other teams, yours, neutral, enemy.
- With extra possibilities to locate and loot small dungeons (Different battle scheme where you and enemies can move around and everything has range OR Pseudo 3D if we can find the graphics for it). This last part will be however an expansion because making maps, regardless if they're Auto-Tiled or Pseudo 3D takes insane amount of time.

Maybe if we'll add some kind of EE eventually, it should be more global than one dungeon with two girls in party per time. Like in some turn-based strategies, where you explore territory via menu rather than personally.

Maybe.. but we'll have something like "menu exploration" in the Guild.

My take again:

- Storyline should include something about a powerful, banned magical weapon being (Lets call it Etherra) used to bombard slave encampments around the city and in local mountains/caves during the last uprising. That created tears to other dimensions and unstable areas that were being constantly replenished with loot, people and items... and monsters. Driven by lust for fame and fortune, not mentioning the interest of exploring unknown, best warriors from PyTFall decided to try out their luck (still well armed and sure of themselves so soon after the conflict has ended). The effect however, was devastating and over 90% of explorers have perished or went MIA so the Masters ordered City Patrols to turn around anyone heading towards those lands. Soon, not willing to leave such a resource unexploited, Masters teamed up with Mages from the tower to utilize the same dampening system that was used to block fatal blows to valuable monsters and fighter in the arena to explorers. Evacuation through teleportation was also concepted. Soon a system of Fighting Guilds was created and sold into private hands in order to utilize those systems. Outside of controlled Arena environment, they were only about 20% effective, especially on large parties so a law was made to limit the units size to 3 (maximum allowed in the Arena). That, together with discipline, order and structure that Guilds provided the effect was astounding and death rate was lowered significantly. Teleportation over such great distances would be used only as a last resort in a case of lifes of entire team being in danger due to insanely high cost.
================================================

I think this setup will make sense. I am going to work on code for a couple of hours and than run some errands. This damn typing is taking too much time :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2842 on: June 26, 2014, 07:13:33 AM »
We have the guild building! :)

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2843 on: June 26, 2014, 07:28:20 AM »
============================================================================================
I'm thinking about something like in Eador games.
Global map there divided into small areas. Each area has its own exploration level, basically what % of this area is explored. During explorations random encounters, events, fights and rewards could be found. The more you explore the area, the more exploration level, and after 100% you cannot explore this area anymore, so you have to move on.
In our case I thought about sending girls teams via the guild only to explore areas, and while they do it, they can find (among other things) special zones that require first person investigation involving MC.
Thanks to that abnormal weapon areas change over time, so exploration level decreases from time to time.
============================================================================================
Traits jsons are done, also I sketched out base races json, will upload this evening. There are some changes, I'll try to change all names (no more cat girl because it's a specific and quite rare race after all, charismatic -> outgoing, mature -> protective, egocentric -> Ill-mannered) everywhere in the code tomorrow night. If the time will permit, today I'll do more balance stuff and begin customers sheet.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:06:28 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2844 on: June 26, 2014, 07:31:35 AM »
If the time will permit, today I'll do more balance stuff and begin customers sheet.

We could use a json for exploration. I doubt I'll be improving customers any time soon, but if you have some ideas stuck in your head, make the file for the future.

Edit:

LoL Reading old code of mine sure is amusing :) I am going to rewrite girls assign screen a bit (not that we really need it anymore).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:09:31 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2845 on: June 26, 2014, 08:58:19 AM »
SF Updated:

- Improved Building class
- Added Fighters Guild class
- Added actuall Fighters Guild
- Updated girls assign and girlslist screens
- Girl/Heroes equipment can now be paged using the mousewheel
- Girls in girls profile screen can be paged using the mousewheel
- Drag/Drop prototype to create teams in the FG (first native to the game since Puzzle code is imported)

PS: If somebody (preferably with time on their hands) wants to test the new stuff, create an account on sourceforge and I'll add you to the list so you can download the repo.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2846 on: June 26, 2014, 09:02:56 AM »
Can you have more than one house if needed? I guess we could use such an option if houses will have limited rooms or something. Or maybe not, if it will be too messy.

About exploration, what do you need there? Dungeon name, level, races of girls that could be found there, gold? Because if you need items list too, well, maybe I should rework items for a start.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2847 on: June 26, 2014, 09:10:04 AM »
Can you have more than one house if needed? I guess we could use such an option if houses will have limited rooms or something. Or maybe not, if it will be too messy.

About exploration, what do you need there? Dungeon name, level, races of girls that could be found there, gold? Because if you need items list too, well, maybe I should rework items for a start.

I need to run some errands so I'll post the requirements in about an hour.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2848 on: June 26, 2014, 10:23:24 AM »
Come to think of it, limited money will effectively prevent too high income. Especially with some basic algorithm, when a poor customer either goes to bar or hires a whore because he cannot afford both.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2849 on: June 26, 2014, 11:08:15 AM »

Yes, but there is no point in that right now.

I am  not sure yet, but at the very least, we'll need:

[
"area_name (Cursed Forest lvl-1)":{
"free": "name_of_the_area_tree (Cursed Forest)"
"mobs": {"mob1": [encounter_chance, [multiplier_range_low, multiplier_range_high]]},
"unlocks": ["names_of_areas"],
"cash_limit": 1000,
"items_limit": 1000,
"img": "path",
"overlay_text": "LVL-1 (Will be printed over the image so the same image can be used for different areas levels)"
}
]

Maybe more, I think I'll do the first one myself and leave the rest up to you. I want events of each day to be logged in and reported. One expedition will take min 3 and max 15 days, players choice. The longer team lingers in the area, the better the bonuses/chances to unlock new areas. There will be bars to set up what they should look for (items/girls/gold). I want there also to be a risk bar (how much risk should a team take during exploration). They will also use any potions to restore MP/Health that they have in their inventory that do not have sideeffects.

Anyway, this whole thing will prolly take days so you still have plenty of time to do other stuff :)

==========================================
Come to think of it, limited money will effectively prevent too high income. Especially with some basic algorithm, when a poor customer either goes to bar or hires a whore because he cannot afford both.

As I've said, that is not possible to do right under the current system. That's why I've started with the new jobs code in the first place. Anyway, proper customers can improve plenty of other stuff even now... but that code will have to wait.
Like what we're doing?