devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821701 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3120 on: August 06, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »
no no, I will not write anything to that code, at least not for a while until I understand it better. If I ever do  :D

I was just asking if you want more jsons, as you asked about something like that before. But it doesn't look like it's needed now I suppose, so I can find something else to do.

================
btw. If we decide to go with church for resurrection or for anything else, I'm totally reserving a church assistant place for Zange to make a fun of a MC if he goes there  :P

Sure, we could use more areas for testing, also just add the stuff you talked about (I proposed some syntax but you can come up with your own). I'll add functionality later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3121 on: August 06, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
Cough, )...texts, religion, concepts, NPCs...(, cough...

Text: Use you slave driver skills and get me to finally finish the elements and appoint to this.

Religion: Xelasism (why the hell not), and it apostle/prophet will be called Dark Cherry (why the hell not part 2)

NPCs (and other shit): in DB in my folder is another one called Alignment Temple, there is the temple BG and that brat img for the dialog about elements and alignments. Temple info, short version: previous Demon Lord worshiping shrine, currently a scholar place full of scrolls where you can get some info (maybe something more) or we can make it a temple complex – for different gods or alignments. Also form the dialog will occur that the scholars are on a pilgrimage for next 3 months, Ali is here alone and that she have a sister (house call, gone for couple of days or something). 

Concepts:
Resurrection will be part of the light alignment (resurrection in a good way) and the dark (some necro shit or just skip the dark resurrections).
Temple location: above the arena in the snowy foothills.
Different gods/alignments/elements: get a menu at the front door what u want to visit.
Use some Darks indoor backgrounds as the rooms to talk with the NPC about resurrections ETC.
Resurrection can be done in the Light Alignment Room/Temple/Shrine by Alis sister (I would propose some sexy chick that the MC could fuck in some way) or someone else (old monk, a devil, Jesus Christ from South Park).

Link to the temple BG from the web (there are more resolutions options there to download):
Temple

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3122 on: August 06, 2014, 05:45:13 PM »

After I am done with items, I'll put the intro/alignment and maybe box events into the game. Will be a welcome break from all this insane sorting and conditioning.

@Dark (If they ever translate dis sh!t):

Code: [Select]
                        source.say(choice(["Like hell am I giving away!", "Go get your own!", "Go find your own %s!" % item.id, "Would you like fries with that?",
                                                       "Perhaps you would like me to give you the key to my flat where I keep my money as well?"]))

Others prolly won't get the last line  :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3123 on: August 06, 2014, 10:37:53 PM »
Massive SF Update:

- Some minor refactoring
- Added txt attribute to girls class so info could be logged during the day
- Added restore method to the same class, will try to use items in order to restore:
* Health
* Joy
* Vilality
* MP
- Girls will now try restore their stats before/after next day calculations
- Free girls classes will now attempt to track items given to them so they could be transfered back to the player
- Added autobuy/equip control resets for girls to Next Day
- Added checks to inventory tansfer
- Original random characters instances will be in rchar container of store from now on
- Completely changed the crazy tags loading routine, tags will be read directly from filenames now and no resources will be wasted
- Added fade in effect to shops (testing)
- Added transfer items function with checks + logic
- Added decent code to load items from filenames (commented out atm)
- Added string import
- Added logging game's init timing
- Added new logic to girls equipment screen (conditions, blocks, auto-equipping and etc.)
- Increased auto-equip blocks + inverntory access of free girls to disposition 850
- Next day calculations will now be timed
- Commented out code to mass rename all images mapping tags to names is now there (commented out)
- Added tags_dict mapping dictionary
- Fixed some errors.
- Updated map

This took a lot out of me...

Edit: *Something is randomply crashing the engine during next day, I'll figure out what tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:37:07 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3124 on: August 07, 2014, 04:33:50 AM »
Perhaps you would like me to give you the key to my flat where I keep my money as well?
Lol  :D

Resurrection will be part of the light alignment (resurrection in a good way) and the dark (some necro shit or just skip the dark resurrections).
Rising zombie girls, huh? Never thought about it before :)
Two types of resurrection... Maybe light could actually resurrect, and darkness could make magic clones for our clonning system, since you guys hate science.

I don't want resurrection to be too simple, in both mechanics and explanation. It should not be a random church background with mute priest npc and two buttons "Resurrect" and "Resurrect All" for 100 gold/level. It kills all seriousness of the situation.
Like, feel free to die as long as you have money, nothing major will be lost.
Btw, since you can resurrect androids and even undead, we might as well explain it as a time magic, or as a god of time religion, rather than generic resurrection out of nowhere.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:40:08 AM by DarkTl »

Naurlas

« Reply #3125 on: August 07, 2014, 08:51:45 AM »
I am lurking here since some time.
Keep up good job.

About ressurrection

Make it Cash + Lootable Item ( from exploration only)
This way you will have people doing exploration to get ress item. Since girls will die doing job.... ppl will need more.
Also it won't be trivial in late game where money is hardly problem.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3126 on: August 07, 2014, 09:07:26 AM »
Make it Cash + Lootable Item ( from exploration only)
This way you will have people doing exploration to get ress item. Since girls will die doing job.... ppl will need more.
Also it won't be trivial in late game where money is hardly problem.

That would "force" people to bother with exploration module even if they don't want to...
===========================================================================

I am going to add timers to the next day on per job/event basis to figure out where the crash occurs, that will require rewriting the timing class.
Like what we're doing?

Naurlas

« Reply #3127 on: August 07, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »
If their girls are dying it means they are doing exploration anyway ?:D
Becouse u kind must want to have your girl to die, since there is no other way to reliably "kill" your girl ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3128 on: August 07, 2014, 09:19:45 AM »
Becouse u kind must want to have your girl to die, since there is no other way to reliably "kill" your girl ?

There are some ways, it's just not very simple + there is likely to be more in the future.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3129 on: August 07, 2014, 10:45:36 AM »
Alright, so god of time Xelasism and its apostle Dark Cherry.  ::)  At least you can explain everything with the help of time manipulations.

I have no idea how to pay for that. Money sound too trivial. Usually they pay with human sacrifices (Valet Pletey...) or, since it's a god of time, pay with time. Somehow.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, we could also change names for clones if you dislike it.
Summoning twins from other worlds, like in otherworld. Or reflections; we "reflect" a girl with the help of, well, quantum mirror or something, and due to imperfect process reflection she not the same as the original.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3130 on: August 07, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
Tracked down the Next Day thing, it's been there forever but conditions were too unlikely for it to run.

Stripjob is a major bottleneck for some reason... but all jobs could use some improvements.

Code: [Select]
--- launch game ---
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha game directory: D:\Coding\Dropbox\Dev\RenPy\pytfall\game
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Ren'Py User Init!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Ren'Py User Init! took 0.111999988556 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Random Name Files
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Random Name Files took 0.00500011444092 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Traits
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Traits took 0.00300002098083 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Items
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Items took 0.0220000743866 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Brothels
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Brothels took 0.0019998550415 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Tag Database (PyTFall Native Only)
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha.tags loaded 18918 images from tags.json files
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Tag Database (PyTFall Native Only) took 1.70499992371 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Characters + Building Crazy Tags Database From Filenames!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading Random Characters:
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Characters + Building Crazy Tags Database From Filenames! took 0.420000076294 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: PyTFallWorld
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: PyTFallWorld took 0.00500011444092 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Mobs
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Mobs took 0.0139999389648 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Exploration
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Exploration took 0.0700001716614 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Generating Random girls
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Generating Random girls took 0.270999908447 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: testing mode
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: testing mode took 2.65899991989 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: GirlsMeets
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: GirlsMeets took 0.0 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Populating SlaveMarket
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Populating SlaveMarket took 0.0309998989105 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: Arena!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: Arena! took 0.196000099182 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Next Day
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Day: 1, Girls (Player): 1019, Girls (Game): 1260
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Girl.restore for all MC girls
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Girl.restore for all MC girls took 0.0169999599457 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Brothels
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Generating clients
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Generating clients took 0.150000095367 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Rest (1)
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Rest (1) took 0.0190000534058 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Adding info to B report
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Adding info to B report took 0.00300002098083 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: StripJob
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha StripJob took 15.2939999104 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: ServiceJob(1)
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha ServiceJob(1) took 2.19499993324 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: WhoreJob
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha WhoreJob took 2.10100007057 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: ServiceJob(2)
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha ServiceJob(2) took 0.00399994850159 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: GuardJob
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha GuardJob took 0.00200009346008 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: RestJob
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha RestJob took 0.00300002098083 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Brothel.next_day
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Brothel.next_day took 0.000999927520752 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Brothels took 19.7730000019 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: School
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha School took 0.00299978256226 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Fighers Guild
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Fighers Guild took 0.0 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: pytfall + calender.next_day
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha pytfall + calender.next_day took 0.993000030518 secs to run!
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Next Day took 20.7869999409 secs to run!
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3131 on: August 07, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
Lol  :D
Rising zombie girls, huh? Never thought about it before :)
Two types of resurrection... Maybe light could actually resurrect, and darkness could make magic clones for our clonning system, since you guys hate science.

I don't want resurrection to be too simple, in both mechanics and explanation. It should not be a random church background with mute priest npc and two buttons "Resurrect" and "Resurrect All" for 100 gold/level. It kills all seriousness of the situation.
Like, feel free to die as long as you have money, nothing major will be lost.
Btw, since you can resurrect androids and even undead, we might as well explain it as a time magic, or as a god of time religion, rather than generic resurrection out of nowhere.

I have an idea how it could look. It’s just a proposal of a humorous approach to the topic.
Light resurrection: Go to the temple, a pissed Angel appears, dragging the soul of a killed girl, slams it to her dead body, then turns around towards MC and says: "Lets sum this up. Delivery service… The Interdimensional tax… My tip… It will be X gold, or I'm going home with two souls".
Dark resurrection; some voodoo enthusiasm or a shady shaman, "Hey there man. You want her to walk again? It can be done. I will need 2 small hp potions, 2 mana potions, 5 cats, bottle of milk and an apple pie. Be sure to bring the apple-pie."

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3132 on: August 07, 2014, 01:16:44 PM »
Those options sound fun, but there should be a catch in the dark side, there always is.
Especially since all those items are quite cheap, while an angel most likely will demand a huge sum.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3133 on: August 07, 2014, 01:27:45 PM »
It's too early for light/dark sides.

We should prolly keep sh!t simple as well, anyway:

INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha StripJob took 14.6959998608 secs to run!

after refactoring:

INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha StripJob took 2.95300006866 secs to run!
====================
I am going to see if I can add some of the Krauses content to the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3134 on: August 07, 2014, 01:54:28 PM »
It's too early for light/dark sides.

We should prolly keep sh!t simple
Right, a button "resurrect all for free" in MC profile  ::)

Didn't have internet at work almost all day, so I killed time by creating loot items, including alchemy reagents.