Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821801 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3180 on: August 10, 2014, 08:58:05 AM »
you capture a girl.. from there you have a x number of days to break her/and make her reveal rare items locations ( maybe doesnt need a time limit or reward from it or pytfall )
first you need to break her resistance ( will ) then when broken ( will regain some will every day unless you start make her submit to you daily )
then you break her pride doing shamefull things to her or reason doing things like abusive candle torture :p ( i didnt like the huntsman gore part and never translated it )
Ok, let's theorize a bit. We already have character (strength of personality more or less), and we'll add obedience as another stat most likely.
Let's say that the higher character, the more difficult (though never impossible) to rise obedience. On the country, the more obedience, the more difficult (though never impossible) to rise character.
Thus, you can break them quickly by removing character stat out of the way, but they will be spineless then.

Now, pride is somewhat difficult to implement as a separate stat if we already have obedience and character. It's not hard to add training options that will reduce it (all those superhumiliating things from Jack-o-nine tails), but other than that I'm not sure how to use it in the game. Character is pride more or less, I guess.

But we probably could use morality as another stat. So you need to corrupt them too, that's not too hard to implement in many parts of the game and it's pretty fun too.

MC is a vampire girl( ermm boy ? ) that woul feed on trained slave if they did bad deeds like havin 100-200-300 sex skills in many catrgory ( gives a stats like debauchery MC could feed on ) to gain mana point ( those where used to upgrade MC training stats or spend to explore location ammount was higher if distant location ) also used to capture a girl i think
Might be useful as a trait for MC, when he'll have them in the future.

( could use a breeding system in pytfall .. train a girl make her gain traits and good basic stats then get her pregnant .. result could mix girl stat with MC stats or make a screen to pick what you want or dont ( only if you got skill at that ex: MC trait Master breeder )
Yup. If you have any fun ideas how to explain acceleration of pregnancy in order to not wait 9 months + 14-16-18 years (depending on your local laws), feel free to share.
Actually, some kind of concept is needed here too. Just set pregnancy time to 30 turns and breed them like there is no tomorrow sound pretty lame.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3181 on: August 10, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »
Yup. If you have any fun ideas how to explain acceleration of pregnancy in order to not wait 9 months + 14-16-18 years (depending on your local laws), feel free to share.
Actually, some kind of concept is needed here too. Just set pregnancy time to 30 turns and breed them like there is no tomorrow sound pretty lame.

Well Jack-o-nine-tails had statis tube/chamber.. why not add incubation chamber ( would remove the working girl pregnant penalty if any ) and would accelerate the baby growth ( depending of current upgrade of tank it would go faster.. thats if you want to craft it from items or even make research to build it )

with explore module you could find lost tech design or blueprints find/loot materials and so on.. there is a possibility to make it work if ok with the idea..

well without that item it could takes a lot of turns lol

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3182 on: August 10, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »
If that tank got used you could even add genetic modification to the baby ( aka traits/base stats boosts ) well would depend on how far you want to develop the idea

another idea would be to feed the girl with special baby growing protein to make it develop faster then when born feed him with fast growing hormones.. ( but like the item to build better )
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:28:53 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3183 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:06 AM »
But we probably could use morality as another stat. So you need to corrupt them too, that's not too hard to implement in many parts of the game and it's pretty fun too.

Corruption is a great idea and now i remember thats the stat CRF MC would feed on.. now we need to think how to use it..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3184 on: August 10, 2014, 09:49:48 AM »
Hmm that no ST but Slave capture acquisition.. you could ask ( if dispostion with girl you talked to for nasty rumors/pictures on girls she might know so you could use those as blackmail or just bribe it out of the girl ) or from information provider then it would need a way to contact her like with phone or internet to decide on a meeting place ( event location ) then you could have another interaction topic with the girl where you could use those information to corrupt her ( that would be like another bar in the screen ) girl would do things you ask by either using disposition bar or corruption bar..

not sure it could be implemented but could be fun to have 2 way or acquiring the girl.. and corrupted girls could maybe do other kind of jobs like killing/bribing/or run shady organizations that would make profit from dirty money.. or could have a even less disobey rate since you got he on a leach for life..
and of course you could train her as slave for those job

or maybe let her free but would need to think on a way to train her for that kind of jobs... evil/shady trainers ( might get those if your evil enough or unlocked doing some quests )

well i guess she could try to recover that blackmail stuff from you.. need to think on how..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:54:02 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3185 on: August 10, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »
If that tank got used you could even add genetic modification to the baby ( aka traits/base stats boosts ) well would depend on how far you want to develop the idea
We thought about clonning system actually, when you use genetic info from some girl and try to build a clone within required parameters, with clones having limited limited lifetime that could be increased for a huge enough sum (thus, clones should be useful to be profitable).

Pregnancy should be a little more different, I believe. With little to no control over outcome and more time required, but with more stable results.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3186 on: August 10, 2014, 12:15:36 PM »
I'd say if an item is not used for a job, it doesn't mean that it cannot be equipped. It just means that it has lower priority than items that used for a job.

Atm it does. But it would not be unequipped either. This will be further complicating this shit m8, like checking if an item is not counter productive to the job and do that for potentially huge lists of items if they cannot be filtered by the job. That code is already decent... I'll look into it, maybe something can be done without too much fuss.

Better to equip something (if eqchance is not 0 and it doesn't decrease used for a job stats) than nothing at all.
They just should check from time to time if they have better suited for a job items.

eqchance doesn't prevent an item from being equipped, only permanent and badtraits types do that. It will lower the chance to equip. Also that's not true, there are as I've said items that have a decent equip chance but lower battle stats, equipping that on a warrior instead of nothing is not very productive. Also there should be something for a player to do, I am beginning to think that all of this automation isn't doing justice to the game that is about managing stuff. If player cares about the girl, let him buy an item that she's missing and give it to her. She'll equip it then.

While it's not really an issue, it will inevitably rise questions why girls sit on full inventories with empty slots.

Btw, another question. How often do they try to buy items, and how many items they can buy at once?

And we'll give a simple answer, those items are not useful for whatever task they're performing, buy them a proper additions.

They'll buy only if they are resting or doing nothing at all. Every 3 days in those cases (I think).

Hmm that no ST but Slave capture acquisition.. you could ask ( if dispostion with girl you talked to for nasty rumors/pictures on girls she might know so you could use those as blackmail or just bribe it out of the girl ) or from information provider then it would need a way to contact her like with phone or internet to decide on a meeting place ( event location ) then you could have another interaction topic with the girl where you could use those information to corrupt her ( that would be like another bar in the screen ) girl would do things you ask by either using disposition bar or corruption bar..

not sure it could be implemented but could be fun to have 2 way or acquiring the girl.. and corrupted girls could maybe do other kind of jobs like killing/bribing/or run shady organizations that would make profit from dirty money.. or could have a even less disobey rate since you got he on a leach for life..
and of course you could train her as slave for those job

or maybe let her free but would need to think on a way to train her for that kind of jobs... evil/shady trainers ( might get those if your evil enough or unlocked doing some quests )

well i guess she could try to recover that blackmail stuff from you.. need to think on how..

Untrained slaves will either be captured or bought at the market from Stan. Focus on st please, it's base, there is no need for brainstorming to go ballistic every time concept is being discussed. Try to come up with a reasonable form of base training that could be expanded as required.

Ok, let's theorize a bit. We already have character (strength of personality more or less), and we'll add obedience as another stat most likely.
Let's say that the higher character, the more difficult (though never impossible) to rise obedience. On the country, the more obedience, the more difficult (though never impossible) to rise character.
Thus, you can break them quickly by removing character stat out of the way, but they will be spineless then.

Now, pride is somewhat difficult to implement as a separate stat if we already have obedience and character. It's not hard to add training options that will reduce it (all those superhumiliating things from Jack-o-nine tails), but other than that I'm not sure how to use it in the game. Character is pride more or less, I guess.

Might be useful as a trait for MC, when he'll have them in the future.

Once again, focus on st or fg, we can talk pregnancies later. We have character so pride isn't really required. We also have traits that can be used during the training as flags (a lot). Lowering character will only be an issue if we include character bonuses to the jobs.

We thought about clonning system actually, when you use genetic info from some girl and try to build a clone within required parameters, with clones having limited limited lifetime that could be increased for a huge enough sum (thus, clones should be useful to be profitable).

Pregnancy should be a little more different, I believe. With little to no control over outcome and more time required, but with more stable results.

LoL Not even a mention of slave-training anymore :D

I haven't actually seen a written concept once, they either turn out too complicated and sh!t ends like like it did in MM (more code written than for the entire PyTFall and there is no game because concept is too complex to make one with a small team) or like in Alkion where we spent days coming up with batshit crazy ideas and worlds of useless brainstorming and never got sh!t done because chatting about it was so fun :)

Cloning is gamebreaking if you could clone any character. It should be beyond expensive, in area of the millions only for the most privileged in PyTFall. Accelerated pregnancy is stupid and confusing as well. It would also require checks during the jobs.

I am going to see if I can cook something to eat and expand fg a bit tonight before I get caught up in this conversation :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3187 on: August 10, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »
I ask again, how many items they can buy at once?  ::)

Lowering character will only be an issue if we include character bonuses to the jobs.
We will if we must in order to make it more useful.

Cloning is gamebreaking if you could clone any character. Cloning is gamebreaking if you could clone any character. It should be beyond expensive, in area of the millions only for the most privileged in PyTFall.
Oh god, where this nonsense came from?  ???

You clone their picture set (the main reason to do it, it's almost fanservice, I'd say) and some traits, nothing more, no level, stats, items, etc. Because they got those levels, stats, items, etc. not from genetics.

Not to mention the need of genetic material (=very high disposition or slave you already own) and big monthly fee. It's more like an alternative for brothels and arena, making and selling clones, and it should be just as profitable.

Wasting millions on relatively useless clones and calling that endgame that's what gamebreaking, pardon my English.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:46:26 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3188 on: August 10, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »
I ask again, how many items they can buy at once?  ::)

Oh god, where this nonsense came from?  ???

3 items per shopping tour at the moment.

Common sense, if cloning is cheap and you could clone highleveled characters, there would be nothing but wars. It's not reasonable and not very productive. I am not saying we shouldn't have it at some point, just that it should be damned expensive.

You clone their picture set (the main reason to do it, it's almost fanservice, I'd say) and some traits, nothing more, no level, stats, items, etc. Because they got those levels, stats, items, etc. not from genetics.

Not to mention the need of genetic material (=very high disposition or slave you already own) and big monthly fee. It's more like an alternative for brothels and arena, making and selling clones, and it should be just as profitable.

Wasting millions on relatively useless clones and calling that endgame that's what gamebreaking, pardon my English.

Without stats it might work. Still would be a task to code distinctions onto interactions... we can't even finish the basics :) The problem with these addons is that in order to integrate them into game properly a good deal of work is required because game assumes a certain level of interaction.

Lets deal with the fighting guild first. I'd also prefer to have slave training or crafting over cloning/pregnancy first. We also need to come up with modding guides to get more people involved and hopefully they will once they realize how easy it is.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3189 on: August 10, 2014, 12:57:24 PM »
are slave only trained to work for you or will we be able to sell em for profit ?
but would require specific training meeting demands of ppl looking certain skills..
when ever you capture a girl or buy it from market.. chances are she could be really resistant( or not )
would require both types ( some free girl might have had RL submission experience while some slave basic obedience training )
rest would have a range from x to x base character from file or dice or defined range
i would like to have the slave in training with full slave gear then remove parts as she gets more obedient
( main problem is current items remove 110 character in stat and 65 in MAX ) what would be the starting character ???
well mabe you can get/buy slave grils with different starting lvls their max starting character shoulnd be above 110 tho
as for the low lvl ones maybe equip just enough items to reduce it to 0 then do the training and removing those items
( or could jut got with -110 on everyone so they would require same training and that way they would require the same items to be removed
with character reduced to 0 as it wont go below 0 training would require the real value of character without items like ... Character xx/xx (xx)
(xx) would be the number to break to break her resistance..
while (xx) get reduced enough to remove an item you will be able to do so.. and use another item in its place to help the training of a certain course
every action to reduce (xx) sould give some obedience but as long as theres (xx) there is a chance for the slave to resist training..
then she should be punished with some actions.. that will drain her vitality.. failing to do so will increase (xx) while if you punish her you get more obedience points
some training actions should require the slave to have a certain number of obedience points
also wil jobs going to have sub class or upgrades like whore has ?? need to know that to orient training for slaves..

POSSIBLE SLAVE TRAITS

dedicated ( after days of training her refinement got broken and her obedience maxed ... this slave woulnd not refuse any of your order ) could use different lvl of the trait you should
                          train the slave with...
Starving Mastered ( after day without or minimum food this slave uppkeep is reduced to a minimum food wise ) could also use ranks using different names
SDF            ( after living in a cell for days she got used to live with no comfort at all tis will reduce her uppkeep on loging ) could also use ranks using different names
Alluring Mastery ( spending all this time trying to improve her looks she get more client potential than others" could work for many jobs" ) could also use ranks using different names
fake orgasm expert ( you fake it if skill rank high enough client will not notice.. while saving an AP for a next job if successful ) could also use ranks using different names
Story teller ( your nevern ending story talks make your customer stay at the bar and drink.. beware fight may trart if they got too drunk ) could also use ranks using different names
VIP Godess ( your stripping skills where trained so well ppl want you to make personal private show in VIP room paying even more )  could also use ranks using different names
TIP bucket ( whatever you do you get tips for every job you do ) could also use ranks using different names

well need realistily doable traits thats just some basic idea

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx specific job related.. need to know what  your planning first

VITALITY                                                                                                                                      REFINEMENT

eatch 5 or 10 point of con should gives a resist to vitality drop x%                            eatch eatch 5 or 10 point of (xx) should gives a resist to (xx) drop x%
trait to add resist vitality drop                                                                                                  trait to add resist (xx) drop

Athletic               x%                                                                                                                       Iron will                                      x%
Tough                x%                                                                                                                       stubborn                                      x%
Artificial body  x%                                                                                                                        noble or similar                      x%
                                                                                                                                                           idol or popular ppl                x%

traits to reduce resist on vitality drop                                                                                     traits to reduce resist on (xx) drop

Weak                  x%                                                                                                                         broken will                              x%
addict                 x%                                                                                                                         dependent                             x%
 ???                                                                                                                                                     ???

well dont know all the ingame traits but you do and might complete it
-------------------------------------------------------------existing items----------------------------------------------------------------------

Slave handcuffs reduce character -15 STAT -15 MAX   hands
Slave shackles  reduce character -20 STAT -20 MAX   feet
Slave rags           reduce character -50 STAT -20 MAX   body
Leach                    reduce character -25 STAT -10 MAX   amulet

Pacifist armlet ( turn girl into a passive sex slave )             hands could be useful to replace handcuffs at some training point to train her as whore

gona need other items for other jobs training...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:03:51 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3190 on: August 10, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
About character, this is well explained by Old Huntsman somewhere. You can break them completely, but no one wants a completely broken slave, people prefer obedient but temperamental ones.

3 items per shopping tour at the moment.
Probably too many. They fill their inventory too quickly. It still could be 3, but how about 60% chance for a second one and 30% for a third one?

Common sense, if cloning is cheap and you could clone highleveled characters, there would be nothing but wars.
Yup, that's why I never even considered the option of 100% clonning. I'm surprised that you did  :)

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3191 on: August 10, 2014, 01:11:24 PM »
About character, this is well explained by Old Huntsman somewhere. You can break them completely, but no one wants a completely broken slave, people prefer obedient but temperamental ones.

yeah only pride should be totaly broken rest need t be maxed if possible.. but not usefull here as those stats dont exist ill just go with obedience/character
i would say refinement too but used in whore job upgrade too so wont use it
unless you make a different class of whore job.. common whore can be slaves and dont need refinement to upgrade while free whore can become lux whore and thus need refinement upgrades
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:15:05 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3192 on: August 10, 2014, 02:06:54 PM »
Probably too many. They fill their inventory too quickly. It still could be 3, but how about 60% chance for a second one and 30% for a third one?
Yup, that's why I never even considered the option of 100% clonning. I'm surprised that you did  :)

We discussed cloning before and the premise was full cloning with magic completely blocked off unless I misunderstood the discussion.

It's not too many, disable the 10 000 gold bonus during the game start and it gets a LOT better. I'd make it more really, not less + we can do other stuff with items later like having girl saving some money before going shopping so she can buy better items, right now the amount when she goes shopping is set at 1000.

**@lamoli:

It should be noted that mine are also opinions, the only time when I'd force something into the game or reject an idea completely is if it's too difficult to code with very little added benefit, completely out of sync with PyTFall or I am creating the whole thing myself. So basically feel absolutely free to contradict/offer other options (god knows others do plenty of that :D)

are slave only trained to work for you or will we be able to sell em for profit ?
but would require specific training meeting demands of ppl looking certain skills..
when ever you capture a girl or buy it from market.. chances are she could be really resistant( or not )
would require both types ( some free girl might have had RL submission experience while some slave basic obedience training )

- Definitely also selling for profit.
- Sure, we already have traits, stats, levels, experience and I've also suggested flags that will provide info about what job/task a girl would be willing to do without objections.
- Yeap, there is always a chance she's a very resistant level 300 buffed up character with maxed out battle stats that got captures just to have some fun and will beat you/security to escape. Girls can already be quite different from one another... we can also obfuscate stats/traits for captured girls until you/trainers spent some time training them, figuring them out. That wouldn't be very difficult.
- Sure, all slaves sold at the market should have full obedience training. Untrained slaves can be bought asking Stan to sell some to you.

rest would have a range from x to x base character from file or dice or defined range
i would like to have the slave in training with full slave gear then remove parts as she gets more obedient
( main problem is current items remove 110 character in stat and 65 in MAX ) what would be the starting character ???
well mabe you can get/buy slave grils with different starting lvls their max starting character shoulnd be above 110 tho
as for the low lvl ones maybe equip just enough items to reduce it to 0 then do the training and removing those items
( or could jut got with -110 on everyone so they would require same training and that way they would require the same items to be removed
with character reduced to 0 as it wont go below 0 training would require the real value of character without items like ... Character xx/xx (xx)
(xx) would be the number to break to break her resistance..

I am not quite sure that I follow. I think that all items/traits that reduce the maximums should be removed from the game or redesigned just like all items/traits that push minimum out of range were redesigned. Right now there is a good amount of items that when used, reduce the maximum below 0 completely f#cking up some part of the game. Code that would be required to mitigate that is very complicated and would be hard to work with just as it would have been for minimums. I've noticed that after the recent items review.

We could also use real stats instead of stats that have items applied to them for parts of the training (like really important parts, setting final flags and such).

while (xx) get reduced enough to remove an item you will be able to do so.. and use another item in its place to help the training of a certain course
every action to reduce (xx) sould give some obedience but as long as theres (xx) there is a chance for the slave to resist training..
then she should be punished with some actions.. that will drain her vitality.. failing to do so will increase (xx) while if you punish her you get more obedience points
some training actions should require the slave to have a certain number of obedience points
also wil jobs going to have sub class or upgrades like whore has ?? need to know that to orient training for slaves..

We can use flags and real stats instead of items once for when it really matters. Items could make training itself easier, getting a girl to get to submit could simply require a number of flags (based on traits) and checks vs her true stats instead of item once, once again mitigated by traits/flags. (by flags I mean counter of how many times she undergone specific training sessions successfully). I think that would be a decent approach.

We discussed cloning before and the premise was full cloning with magic completely blocked off unless I misunderstood the discussion.

It's not too many, disable the 10 000 gold bonus during the game start and it gets a LOT better. I'd make it more really, not less + we can do other stuff with items later like having girl saving some money before going shopping so she can buy better items, right now the amount when she goes shopping is set at 1000.

POSSIBLE SLAVE TRAITS

dedicated ( after days of training her refinement got broken and her obedience maxed ... this slave woulnd not refuse any of your order ) could use different lvl of the trait you should
                          train the slave with...
Starving Mastered ( after day without or minimum food this slave uppkeep is reduced to a minimum food wise ) could also use ranks using different names
SDF            ( after living in a cell for days she got used to live with no comfort at all tis will reduce her uppkeep on loging ) could also use ranks using different names
Alluring Mastery ( spending all this time trying to improve her looks she get more client potential than others" could work for many jobs" ) could also use ranks using different names
fake orgasm expert ( you fake it if skill rank high enough client will not notice.. while saving an AP for a next job if successful ) could also use ranks using different names
Story teller ( your nevern ending story talks make your customer stay at the bar and drink.. beware fight may trart if they got too drunk ) could also use ranks using different names
VIP Godess ( your stripping skills where trained so well ppl want you to make personal private show in VIP room paying even more )  could also use ranks using different names
TIP bucket ( whatever you do you get tips for every job you do ) could also use ranks using different names

well need realistily doable traits thats just some basic idea

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx specific job related.. need to know what  your planning first

We could add more traits I guess, not sure if that's really required (my hidden flags idea would work better I think).

*Traits/Items are Dark's domain.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3193 on: August 10, 2014, 02:58:31 PM »
We never actually discussed stats themselves, I think. I always presumed that we should reset them, simply because otherwise it will be waaaay too profitable instead of just fun and unusual. We still can add 100% cloning too for insane amount of money, if you want it, but I dislike its overpowerness. Maybe if it also will require some rare drop-only item...

I believe strippers and whores could benefit from character btw. I'll add it to formulas tomorrow.

We could add more traits I guess, not sure if that's really required (my hidden flags idea would work better I think).
Well, they sound like a part of hypothetical skill tree rather than traits.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3194 on: August 10, 2014, 03:16:55 PM »
Well, they sound like a part of hypothetical skill tree rather than traits.

Nothing so fancy. Counting flags for the training and boolean flags for particular job types.
Like what we're doing?