Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821385 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3210 on: August 10, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »
lol "generic NPC sprites"
please don't use such vague descriptions. Are we still talking about sm customers right? I'm imagining primary some businessmen and those ugly fatty traders and alike...  or not that?

But the most important questions is about the size - how much of the body needs to be visible. Because the less, the more easier it is to get some (portraits = super easy, full body= almost impossible to find)

------------
for fg
Thanks for figuring it out

I try to make my location work and send the json in few days.

I think portraits will do but if you find some full size sprites, throw them in db, we'll use those for unique requests events! I want there to be some for items and girls found during exploration.

Downloading your update now, I'll push mine as soon as I got it:

- Container in exploration json fixed
- Fixed all bugs relevant to Drag&Drop
**Note, I've edited my own Ren'Py and it's all working but it will be fixed for the rest of the dev team only with next major Ren'Py release (6.18)
- Fixed a major game crashing bug with service job when mc doesn't have enough cash to pay the cleaners
- Flipped badness when equipping items
- Isolated auto-rest method
- Added rest to self.txt on next day (sh!t took me hours to track down)
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3211 on: August 11, 2014, 01:54:19 AM »
please don't use such vague descriptions. Are we still talking about sm customers right? I'm imagining primary some businessmen and those ugly fatty traders and alike...  or not that?

But the most important questions is about the size - how much of the body needs to be visible. Because the less, the more easier it is to get some (portraits = super easy, full body= almost impossible to find)

like you said.. need to at least see their belly to know they are fat traders.. also arms/hands positioning could be important and of course what type of upper cloth theyr wearing ( to guess if they got the coin to back their claim or not )

if you got average skills with photoshop you chould be able to resize and stick any head / arm positioning on a body type.. just need to find the parts or add some variations if you dont have enough of em

just a suggestion..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:58:37 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3212 on: August 11, 2014, 02:13:19 AM »
Why do you assume very limited or fixed demand? We could have a general request agency that is tracking hundreds of clients requests for all types of girls... access to their list = small subscription fee or % of the sale.

We can make a json file with demands for stats, items, traits and traits versus a multiplier for the girls generic market price. Each would have a short description and never be exactly the same as the last one (randomly chosen from a range as I've said). We could also have unique clients and events or even run a shop in the guild offering trained girls at specific prices (generic price + x%) and advertising for a better chance of finding a client. That's interesting and requires very little coding + A LOT OF WORK can be done in just preparing data like we do for items/traits/area/exploration and etc and can be done by someone who can give it enough thought and knows the concept.

Another thing, slaves should also be race related, I'd love it if elven slaves were rare and very hard to come buy due to elven embassy that makes lives of slave trainers/owners of elves really difficult somehow. Somehow is the problem, most ideas I have on that front require a lot of writing/conditioning :(

Anyway, we can always add something like that later.

ok wasnt thinking deep enough on that system.. your idea seem realy good

i was saying arch type or girls like ( tsundere , yandere , .. ) but why not also add race.. like Elves: mountain ( the usual ) high ( with glodenish skin ) drow ( aka darkelves )
could use a npc related quest to unlock race related embassy .. once unlocked would take some turn to be build in embassy quarter and once build.. that slave trading for that embassy race could be openend provided you bribed/blackmail/threaten with assassination ( would need to redo that kind of action periodically ) some influent embassy ppl with gold/slaves/rare exploration items.. well up to you be idea sound great

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3213 on: August 11, 2014, 02:16:08 AM »
Some flags could be revealed during conversation/just setting a girl to work, hence making it a "visible" progress.

We decided to drop that in favor of traits.
Yet now it seems that we going to use it. The difference between skill tree tab and tab with flags is name. I never proposed that skills should be under full player control too.
But it's probably too early for such things anyway.

Than we need to expand the concept...

Items have gotten too complicated, they can:

Add a trait permanently
Add a trait temporarily
Track if a trait that was added temporarily doesn't remove a trait that was there permanently when reversed
Add a permanent trait when their is a temporary trait in place
Remove a permanent trait when there is a temporary trait in place
Add stats after being work for x number of turns
Mod stat temporarily
Mod stat permanently
Mod max stat temporarily
Mod max stat permanently
Make sure items do not take stats with them when they are removed if those stats were maxed out already
Make sure that items do not prevent the ability to gain stats while those items are worn

I prolly forgot a bunch of stuff + I doubt all of this is actually used or been properly tested. Traits themselves complicate it all even further...
Sounds very complicated  :D
Items system will be too insipid if we simplify things by removing mod max everywhere. I'll test ultimate potions and stuff, but any lvl1 girl with Retarded trait (max int -50 iirc) might be a problem then.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:53:32 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3214 on: August 11, 2014, 02:21:18 AM »
i was saying arch type or girls like ( tsundere , yandere , .. ) but why not also add race.. like Elves: mountain ( the usual ) high ( with glodenish skin ) drow ( aka darkelves )
Because there are hundreds of races. Also, I'd like to see how are you going to make a decent pack with glodenish skin elves.
You could do some search at forum if you want, we discussed races already and decided to use base race concept as a separate field.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:17:43 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3215 on: August 11, 2014, 03:54:39 AM »
Why males only? In SM3 there are female customers as well.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3216 on: August 11, 2014, 05:02:28 AM »
Why males only? In SM3 there are female customers as well.
SM3 have generic customers? It wasn't the case when I last played it, all of those people in that game were full fledget NPCs.
I thought that talk was about some screen with generated offers that will also have some pics so its not only plain text.
I'm not going to look for pics of unique people who can you talk to, if someone have time for writing texts and such, he have time to look for a NPC picture too.

But nothing agains females

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3217 on: August 11, 2014, 05:18:48 AM »
Nope, there are random people coming to you and proposing to buy your slave from time to time. They are not npcs at all.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3218 on: August 11, 2014, 06:36:50 AM »
Because there are hundreds of races. Also, I'd like to see how are you going to make a decent pack with glodenish skin elves.
You could do some search at forum if you want, we discussed races already and decided to use base race concept as a separate filed.

yeah i know so far iv spend months trying to make blender renders a correct anime girl.. modeling/rigging takes time but once done we could make a girl do any pose we want or wear anything we want ( pack maker wet dream lol ) gona need more time to make it work for my main job im using UE4 engine but only need image renders not 3D engine to do those packs..

i got angry at some ugly pics in girl packs or non existing pics of girls i liked that i decided to do this..

will mainly used for body angle proportions on spcecific pose.. since heads never gets right.. could use photoshop to correct that or use morphing tool in blender
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:41:46 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3219 on: August 11, 2014, 07:16:41 AM »
ST Concept

------------------------------------------Girl----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didnt ask but let assume identified marked girls ( current slave market ) can also be trained.. ( those girls will have stats/traits revealed )
Other than that type of slave captured/stan slaves should use randomly generated stats/traits witch are hidden from start
random stats/trait would imply character with different range and traits that reduce/increase either vit resist or character resist ( see resist section )
she should regenerate char by x% every day and vit ( depending if you let her sleep or not and where you make her sleep numbers should change )
the number of regenerating x% char every day should drop as her char drops ex: if half her starting char is left her max char regen should be cut in half ( or whatever you want to define )
drugs could be used to slower the x% char regen ( can break slave if abused )
while char is reduced to a certain amount.. her obedience can be trained.. and when her obedience reach a certain nbr she could unlock jobs training
if she refuse a obedience training because her obedience isnt high enough or tait goes against it or her arch type goes against it she should be punished else her char could increase by x.. punishing her could increase her obed by x
if she refuse a stat/job related training because her obedience isnt high enough or trait goes against it or her arch type goes against it and isnt punished her obedience could drop by x .. punishing her could increase her obed by x
using proper items/consumable/training action can boost breaking/obed training/stat training
using too mutch force during breaking/obed training/punishments could physically damage her lowering her vit resist ( temporary trait to add while in ST )
of course the damage done ( bruises/scars could heal over time ) might need a MC healing trait to make it go faster or medic/healer/matron girl job or even make a special girl to assist you on that oe even use item
Assistant could be a good idea.. need to define if she comes from a slave you personally trained to do that or a free girl who had that training..
traits revealing should be unlocked using relevant training like ( ex sex training would unlock nympho ) or using relevant talk related options ( like asking girl if she likes her condition ) randomly unhinding a trait with relevant text reply from her ( could use what she likes/hate too ) need to expand talk options
stats revealing hmmm.. after training that stat a x number of times ? or using relevant talk related options ( like asking girl if she likes her condition ) randomly unhinding a stat with relevant text reply from her ( could use what she likes/hate too ) need to expand talk options
MC action will be limited to his AP.. at start it could use 2 ap until slave vit is down to minimum ( going under will add a penalty to her max daily vit regen ) but as you train her.. her con stat will increase making you able to use more ap before reaching her minimum vit
MC should have a cap he need to train/grow that prevents him to do some training
ex: MC cha could increase obedience training rate or increase char breaking rate ( could aslo reduce slave char regen ) also could give you better price while buying selling slaves
       ...... need to think of other stats maybe MC libido to lock max sexual training actions or MC con to limit physical interactions ( like punishments )
       MC trait that would increase over time using breaking slave training action ( making him more efficient to brake future slaves ) need to find a trait name
       MC trait that would increase over time using obedience slave training action ( making him more efficient to make slave obey for future slaves ) need to find a trait name
       MC trait that would increase over time using teaching stat to a  slave training action ( making him more efficient to make slave learn stats for future slaves ) need to find a trait name
       MC trait that would increase over time using buying/identify a  slave ( making him more efficient to buy cheaper and chance to identify some hidden girl stats/traits on future slaves ) need to find a trait name
       MC trait that would increase over time using selling a slave ( making him more efficient to sell future slaves for profit ) need to find a trait name
       MC trait that would reduce damaging the slave your training ( making him having the best result doing ninimum damage ) need to find a name for that like able torturer

MC breaking/obed training could be merged as 1 trait like ( slave trainer ) could also reduce dmg done on slave if you abuse her too mutch ( or make a separate trait for that )
MC buying/identify/selling slaves ( slave merchant ) damaged slave would sell for less of course..
MC stat/job related training.. maybe need unique trait ( like ponygirls trainers in some other games ) up to you to decide

Race might give bonus or penalty to training but we will see that when in place
Id like to add her a mood factor but could be done later ( she would accept training more easely and with better result if in good mood but would have to be char broken first )
opposite could be true if angry at you

-------------------------------------------Training--------------------------------------------------------------------

Breaking:
     - chaining her to a wall in a cell will reduce her char over time ( will it beats the char regen.. thats to be defined.. without any +/- trait it should by a small amount )
        then comes mods.. if she has resist char traits it might go up or char weakening train it will go down faster.. also arch type need to be counted + possible MC charisma
        if not fed she will lose vit daily but daily char borken will increase

- talk options
                        tell her nobody will save her... ( if mood active abusing that could depress her a lot )
                        asking her who her dady is... ( with punishment if wrong answer ) lol
                        threatening her with torture... ( could reveal fear of torture trait to exploit and make her submit faster ) or ( could reveal SM trait making her enjoy torture then exploit that to increse her breaking training while reducing her vit drop and could increase morale too )
                        could use more positive talks to improve mood if its used or making her reveal her like/dislike/hidden traits

- item use ( need to buy em in shops or make em with crafting or even FE loot )
                       feathers.. will gently break her will ( avoiding her to get bruises and using the minimum vit drain ) slowest item to break her
                       candle wax.. will break her will ( might also reveal if she has a SM trait ) average item to break her
                       vibe/rotor... ( aka pleasure torture ) could be used using ap and drain a certain amount of char each time or used on chaining her to a wall making her lose more daily char over time ( could reveal nympho trait )
                       items that reduce x% char or increase x% vit
        - force/punishments ( all those actions can be used to avoid fail to be punished penalty )
                       slap her... will reduce her char by a small amount ( could result in bruises if MC trait to avoid damaging her isnt high enough )
                       whip her... will reduce her char by a moderate amount ( could result in scars if MC trait to avoid damaging her isnt high enough )
                       punch her.. will reduce her char by a great amount ( could result in severe injury if MC trait to avoid damaging her isnt high enough )

Obedience:
       - hmmm..  asking her to do this or that.. wear this or that..
         ex: if she has noble trait.. make her do/wear dirty/shameful things,, if she agrees.. obed goes up.. if not you can punish her to gain obed or if you dont punish her obed drops
         forbid to cum (if she has a vibe/rotor in all day long or from some pleasure actions )
         forbid her too.... ( poop/... ) lol gona need to define more of that

-talk options
                        call me master.. if agreed obed up if not agree the you can punish her gaining obed or if you dont punish obed goes down
                        tell me what dirty things you like.... if agreed obed up if not agree the you can punish her gaining obed or if you dont punish obed goes down ( could reveals traits that can be exploited to train her faster )
                        ....  need to think of more talk options..

-item use
                       pet collar... make her mimic animals... if agreed obed up if not agree the you can punish her gaining obed or if you dont punish obed goes down
                       dog bowl.. make her eat in that.. if agreed obed up if not agree the you can punish her gaining obed or if you dont punish obed goes down
                       items that increase x% obed or increase x% vit
                       .... need more thinking on item concept

- force/punishments ( all those actions can be used to avoid fail to be punished penalty )
                       slap her... will reduce her char by a small amount ( could result in bruises if MC trait to avoid damaging her isnt high enough )
                       whip her... will reduce her char by a moderate amount ( could result in scars if MC trait to avoid damaging her isnt high enough )
                       punch her.. will reduce her char by a great amount ( could result in severe injury if MC trait to avoid damaging her isnt high enough )

Training:
         - training course ( of course it can be refused if girl obed isnt high enough or traits goes against it or arch type against it then girl would need to be punished to gain obed or if not punished lose obed )
                       will focus on targeted job and will increase those stats or add only job related traits if any exist for that job ( ex; service could add  barmaid.. maid.. waitress.. )
                       could add a x% resist on learning that stat for every 100 stat reached ( or decide other number )
                       ex : service training..  will increase service/con ( maybe should only use sub or do that training to get service/con without sub job bonus success )
                               sub service : maid will increase service/con/agy and will give a chance to give trait maid with a smal x% ( that x% increase with how many time you took that training course )
                               sub service : barmaid will increase service/con/int/cha/agy and will give a chance to give trait barmaid with a smal x% ( that x% increase with how many time you took that training course )
                               sub service : waitress will increase service/cha/int/agy and will give a chance to give trait waitress with a smal x% ( that x% increase with how many time you took that training course )

for whore it would train her cha/con/ref/sex skill witch could reveal hidden traits like nympho ( i dont like a slave whore using refinement but atm no slave whore job sub class agreed or discussed on to change that )
                     stripper.. no subs to expand on so will increase the stats cha/con/strip/agy

- talk options
                       encourage.. could boost temporarily the stat you gain for any job you want to train (could boost morale)
                       talks making her reveal traits,,,
         - item use
                       item to increase the relevant job you want to train by x% stat gain
                       items that increase x% obed or increase x% vit

slap her... will reduce her char by a Small amount ( could result in bruises if MC trait to avoid damaging her isnt high enough )

of course some girls could resist some punishment forms like physical ones while receptive to verbal ones
or would need to find her hidden trait blocking punishment then use the right action to make punishment work
maybe use a training for eatch stat so it woulnd only be 1 training to chose from .. could also have different name if used for specific job
------------------------------------------Resist----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well since i hate boring stuff i want eatch girl to be different ( in the breaking/training process )
thats where comes resists... from start she could be hard or easy to break depending on her lvl/max charisma ( but lvl/max con will make her tougher to damage while training )
as her character drops she will get easyer to break further while at the same time her con can increase due to training making her able to do more training sessions
random factor will be the traits that will either lower or increase resist to either vit or char

Eatch *5 point of con gives x% resist to vit drain
Eatch *5 point of char gives x% resist to char drain

Traits to add resist vitality drop  ( Athletic  x% / Tough  x% / Artificial body  x% / ... )
Traits to reduce resist vitality drop ( Nimble x% / Nerd x% / ... )

Traits to add resist cha drop  ( strong willed  x% / idol  x% / famous ppl traits in general  x% / ... )
Traits to reduce resist cha drop ( dependent x% / broken will x% / ... )

Traits to add resist obedience training  ( rebell  x% / strong willed  x% / ... )
Traits to reduce resist obedience training ( dependant x% / broken will x% / ... )

Traits to add resist to whore training  ( noble  x% / pridefull  x% / ... )
Traits to reduce resist whore training ( nymphomaniac x% / broken will x% / ... )

Same goes for every jobs...

also Dark should define arch type resist to vit/char/job related

* 5 has to be tested along x% to see what will work but would need to make ST module to test it out
------------------------------------------Items----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather than using items to reduce character STAT / MAX i propose items that makes breaking/training easyer:

consumable to heal bruises/scars
consumable drugs to help training process ( would help x% on breaking slave, slowing her char x% regen,  teaching slave a stat or skill set of stats by x%, could totaly break the slave if abused )
strengthening vitality resistance to training drain
weakening character resistance to training drain
ability to train more efficiently a cetrain skill set of stats ( whore: sex, ana, bj, les,.. / service*: maid, waitress, bartending / stripper: crowd entertainer(basic strip job), private rooms show  / guard: brothel guard, ST guard,...)

would need items that reduce character resist by x%

Slave handcuffs  reduce character resist by x%       hands  ( eatch of those could add other stats like +con or other +/- stats)
Slave shackles   reduce character resist by x%       feet
Slave rags            reduce character resist by x%       body
Leach                     reduce character resist by x%       amulet

would need items that  increase vtality resist by x%

Book SM mastery   increase vtality resist by x%       misc
Relic of the penitant  increase vtality resist by x%    amulet

would need items that increase obed by x%

Would need items that increase job starts related items by x%

* im aware subset doesnt exist but could be good to define the girl more ( could be trait related ass adding stats could be a real pain ); good at cleaning doesnt mean your good a serving drink ( different trait/skill set should be used )
unless your saying you need to have charisma/agility/intellect to be able to clean floor.. while you need it to charm clients/do not spill drinks/take orders..
well bartender should be able to do both..

If you see something i should add or i missed let me know
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:35:30 AM by lamoli »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3220 on: August 11, 2014, 07:23:27 AM »
Nope, there are random people coming to you and proposing to buy your slave from time to time. They are not npcs at all.
OK, my mistake... I probably only played that part with limited time.

BTW. I wanted to ask you, what do you think about limiting the number of profile pics for random girls? One of the wm versions locked a randomly chosen profile image for each rgirl at their creations, while still using a full range of h-pics for each of them. It helped a bit to create the feeling that they are not the same girl...

(If that could be turned on/off in config that would be best)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:18:21 AM by CherryWood »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3221 on: August 11, 2014, 07:40:45 AM »
BTW. I wanted to ask you, what do you think about limiting the number of profile pics for random girls? One of the wm versions locked a randomly chosen profile image for each rgirl at their creations, while still using a full range of h-pics for each of them. It helped a bit to create the feeling that they are not the same girl...

Indeed thats what i mostly hate with random girls.. they could use pics you know from other random ones or worse know chars ( iv seen that with elves a lot ) thats and totaly unrelated pics compared to that random girl set

best would be to use img sets from popular h game makers or unpopular and make random sets with those
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:43:45 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3222 on: August 11, 2014, 08:20:34 AM »
I think you are making the slaves too one dimensional. Other st games are also like that... slaves there just refuse everything and after "breaking" they accept everything. Only thing they do there is to run away to be found a few days later again.
I believe they should show at least some intelligence from time to time. Like playing the obedient one and then stabbing you in the back.

Im for that idea aswell but had to think of basics first then expand possibilities ex: running on a bad even during training event if shes obedient could make her run to try to assault you.. thats why you should equip her with impairing battle stats gear too.. some action if failed could add char or reduce disobey too

also my system will mare her gain daily char and this will cause her to disobey even with max obedience if you dont pay attention to that.. im only reducing char gain as base char is drained so even while on obedience or stat training she could stop obey you if you dont do it right..

as for outside ST module it not for me to decide if she will disobey for a reason or another
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:27:38 AM by lamoli »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3223 on: August 11, 2014, 08:27:03 AM »
Im for that idea aswell but had to think of basics first then expand possibilities ex: running on a bad even during training event if shes obedient could make her run to try to assault you.. thats why you should equip her with impairing battle stats gear too..
OK sorry... Dunno why I posted that when I actually decided to not comment on st module earlier... Silly me, like if I haven't something else to do  ::)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:28:57 AM by CherryWood »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3224 on: August 11, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »
OK sorry... I actually decided to not comment on st module earlier... Silly me, like if I haven't something else to do  ::)

no no if you have the time id like to hear your comment on it.. it was a relevant 1 and was thinking the same but coulnd add that option right at start im still holding many idea but need for ST module to start and check if proposed system could work or need to be adjusted then when refined enough we could add more stuff making ST more alive