Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821580 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3300 on: August 13, 2014, 07:20:10 PM »
fixed my problem.. it was related to pics name.. somehow the check between start game and MC select checks your pack and if it finds names too long or non consistent between file name and name used in json.. it make an error you could ignore to get to MC select screen but if you press start game in that screen you could get cascading errors

so dont ignore pic error, fix it and you wont have errors after MC select=> start game

( didnt make errors or crash in previous versions.. looks like tagging update make it more sensitive :p )

Well, that is to be expected, filesnames string structure is not analyzed to match pytfall's atm. I'll see if I can improve that at some point as well. Otherwise. I think that your error came from registering side pics when characters are created.

Every characters gets a say object of his/her own so it can use Ren'Pys say system without redefining it. This is especially useful when coding in python.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3301 on: August 13, 2014, 07:20:43 PM »
Please check your devlog, there should be a girl id there, maybe you can figure out what caused it.

Also if you can, drop a copy of that log in mine DB folder, I'd like to know what times need to be improved the most on older hardware.

PS: How the hell can you run Illusion games on PC that had issues with PyTFall?
ok I found it. every error is in my NGE pack - there is a lot of errors and all look like this:
Code: [Select]
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Total failure while looking for image with ['ibuki_maya', 'portrait'] tags!!!Dunno why, all files are converted, for example Maya's portrait is a po-mqxl.png. But I can't even load them in your tagger now, it's just show empty field where filenames normally are. The game just can't find them for some reason...

I deleted that pack and devlog is clean of error now.

Only thing that's long in loading is this:
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: JSON Tags (OldStyle)
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha.tags loaded 0 images from tags.json files
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: JSON Tags (OldStyle) took 24.3299999237 secs to run!
placed it in your DB to bugs, 1 run with that pack, 2 without

There's no need to run illusion games to rip lines out of them  :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:36:44 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3302 on: August 13, 2014, 08:00:45 PM »
ok I found it. every error is in my NGE pack - there is a lot of errors and all look like this:
WARNING  PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Total failure while looking for image with ['ibuki_maya', 'portrait'] tags!!!Dunno why, all files are converted, for example Maya's portrait is a po-mqxl.png. But I can't even load them in your tagger now, it's just show empty field where filenames normally are. The game just can't find them for some reason...

I'd like to get to the bottom of this... She's working perfectly fine for me. That pack has a script folder in it... maybe that's messing things up somehow. See if it works with it removed or replaced and try again.

Only thing that's long in loading is this:
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Starting timer: Loading: JSON Tags (OldStyle)
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha.tags loaded 0 images from tags.json files
INFO     PyTFall 0.47 Alpha Loading: JSON Tags (OldStyle) took 24.3299999237 secs to run!
placed it in your DB to bugs, 1 run with that pack, 2 without

There's no need to run illusion games to rip lines out of them  :)

Holy crap... just how many files do you have :D

You know.. you don't have to attempt to load them at all. Just comment out:

call load_json_tags
line in script.rpy file and restore it every time you need to convert packs from JSON to filenames. Will cut 24 secs of your loading time and change nothing at all otherwise.

Edit: Still no devlog file*
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:04:01 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3303 on: August 14, 2014, 09:10:47 AM »
Edit: Still no devlog file*
i reuploaded it again, but it should have been in Pytfall/Xela it's not there?

And I figured out the bug - it was totally unrelated to the tagger or images, it was a DarkTl data file that I grabbed a few days ago without checking and it's not compatible with that girlpack (bad ID's). It's strange that I didn't get that error much sooner, probably I was just unlucky with the random girl assigned at new game and didn't get any of NGE girls in dev mode before.

Sorry!  :-[

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3304 on: August 14, 2014, 09:36:38 AM »
i reuploaded it again, but it should have been in Pytfall/Xela it's not there?

And I figured out the bug - it was totally unrelated to the tagger or images, it was a DarkTl data file that I grabbed a few days ago without checking and it's not compatible with that girlpack (bad ID's). It's strange that I didn't get that error much sooner, probably I was just unlucky with the random girl assigned at new game and didn't get any of NGE girls in dev mode before.

Sorry!  :-[

NGE pack.. i dont have that.. is it compatible with current Pytfall version ??

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3305 on: August 14, 2014, 10:01:07 AM »
Ah, I see. After the last (and the deepest) traits review I really quickly wrote fixed data files for Cherry's packs as well, so that we could continue to use his packs.
=========================================================
Btw, if we'll add moral stat after all (because it would be very fun to corrupt characters during ST), it doesn't mean that we have to remove moral traits. They just will limit moral stat in one way or another.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #3306 on: August 14, 2014, 10:41:42 AM »
Btw, if we'll add moral stat after all (because it would be very fun to corrupt characters during ST), it doesn't mean that we have to remove moral traits. They just will limit moral stat in one way or another.

i could use that as factor to be inclined to do whore/strip training.. lacked that refusal modifier or ( base ST acceptance )
unless that training should be as easy as training her on service >.<
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:43:18 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3307 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:46 AM »
Actually, they could be flags for extremely low/high moral. I mean pervert and strict morals traits.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3308 on: August 14, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »
*I don't seem to be getting the log file for whatever reason, does anyone else see it in my folder? If yes, I should reinstall DB or something.

**Glad you've solved the NGE issue.

***I don't like christian typed morality in PyTFall where sex is immoral... We can go with that if that cannot be helped but still... I'd hate it :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3309 on: August 15, 2014, 07:31:50 AM »
Yeah, I know what do you mean. Yet without any moral at all what's the difference between whore and warrior, or lover and non lover? Should't they have major difference in terms of sex acceptableness?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3310 on: August 15, 2014, 08:32:30 AM »
Yeah, I know what do you mean. Yet without any moral at all what's the difference between whore and warrior, or lover and non lover? Shouldn't they have major difference in terms of sex acceptableness?

We already have: charisma, disposition, traits, fame, reputation. Based on what's sensible for a girl and what is not. + A part of the difference can/should/is a class itself* + If we ever add multiple faiths, that can be a factor as well.

In the future, personal relationships and/or preferences can be added to that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3311 on: August 15, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »
@MrKlaus, any news about descriptions? I'm not rushing you or something, just wanna to see what do have there.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3312 on: August 15, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »
Pushed some lines, checks are not in the correct order yet and new types of lines are quite messy, it's like an alpha stage.
New things that I'm going to use for sure:
- Reply to insult, one label for all of them;
- Date good and bad endings and refusing;
- Many lines for friend and lover propositions.
There are some other new labels, but looks like there won't be enough lines.

Btw, do you think it's ok to break the fourth wall by using that letter about Air Force Major Abacha Tunde and $ 3,000,000 American Dollars? Shouldn't it be a bit more authentic, like gold instead of $ and so on?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3313 on: August 15, 2014, 02:08:23 PM »
Pushed some lines, checks are not in the correct order yet and new types of lines are quite messy, it's like an alpha stage.
New things that I'm going to use for sure:
- Reply to insult, one label for all of them;
- Date good and bad endings and refusing;
- Many lines for friend and lover propositions.
There are some other new labels, but looks like there won't be enough lines.

Btw, do you think it's ok to break the fourth wall by using that letter about Air Force Major Abacha Tunde and $ 3,000,000 American Dollars? Shouldn't it be a bit more authentic, like gold instead of $ and so on?
Ok, I have some lines stored that I wasn't sure about before, but some of them could fit into those new field + those personalities I removed for a while. So I add them someday.

I think that some lines from "normal" should be copypasted into traits. I don't think there a need to have unique lines for every options, only to avoid those that would look out of place for them (=almost every girl could say simple "thanks" sometimes and other vague answers)

That letter is just a really old example on how to make a trait condition and nvl text from Xela. I think we decided to not break the fourth wall so obviously with any generic replies and in-game texts, but be ok with it on unique girls or npcs if someone want to do that.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:42:33 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3314 on: August 15, 2014, 02:42:00 PM »

It should be deleted completely (or edited) and someone should create default labels for Retarded/MindBroken traits. It was never meant to be part of the game, just an example of NVL mode and a placeholder.
Like what we're doing?