devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821214 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3450 on: August 25, 2014, 02:24:13 PM »
I can agree that other systems are more important.

Still... these guys are so advanced they can clone and no pregnacy ?:D
Cloning is certainly more comfortable and easier to implement...
but well it sucks :D

There is no bathing, no proper meals, no gambling, no murder, no investigations, no fishing, no hunting, no .................

Just because there is no sex in (for example) unmodded Skyrim, doesn't mean that world assumes that it does exists. There is no rule saying that we must deal with pregnancy on module level. A well written, thought through chain of events dealing with pregnancy will be more engaging, interesting and fun than some shitty half-baked system where we take short-cuts or make silly excuses due to female character or time per turn limitations of the game.

Don't be so narrow in your vision, we aren't proctologists after all :)

At some point, we just might introduce male characters to the game and with a more advanced world, it'll make sense. For now, I can't see it...
Like what we're doing?

Naurlas

« Reply #3451 on: August 25, 2014, 02:36:16 PM »
Maybe I didnt make myself clear ;/

What purpose serves Cloning then ? It's inferior in all aspects to pregnacy other then being easier to implement.
Mabye if I knew what do you try to achive with Clonning I get  enlighment of sorts.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3452 on: August 25, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »
Maybe I didnt make myself clear ;/

What purpose serves Cloning then ? It's inferior in all aspects to pregnacy other then being easier to implement.
Mabye if I knew what do you try to achive with Clonning I get  enlighment of sorts.

I am not sure about that myself. Darks likes the idea and it's not too difficult to implement. Doesn't do any harm to the concept and requires no short-cuts/silly explanations of anything. Just magic/science/combination of both.
Like what we're doing?

Naurlas

« Reply #3453 on: August 25, 2014, 02:54:55 PM »
uh... oh... usless feature ?:D
Making "Dig Holes" Button should also be easy ?

So you will be able to clone girl for money + she will require money to function( If I can > please at least make cost increase from day to day > so mainting clones all the time is imposible.)

To be honest it adds... nothing to game ?
But definitly can break few things :
-Clonning best warrior for one day x 5 to beat hard exploring / arena battles.
-Clonning best prost. to earn more then she costs.

Watch out please when impementing o.0

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3454 on: August 25, 2014, 03:15:37 PM »
- It's simple to implement.
- It's not too hard to balance.
- It will be fun enough. The idea about affecting children traits has much more sense here.
- We don't need any new extra resources. Just some new lines, but not much.
- It could be another way to make money, ie another job for MC.
- It has considerable potential in terms of fanservice if a player likes certain characters a lot.

To be honest it adds... nothing to game ?
More than feauters of  pregnacy that you proposed. Selling a child once per X turns or get an average random girl once per Y turns. That's exactly how it works in wm, and it's pretty boring.

But definitly can break few things :
That's why you can clone only appearance and some traits  ::)

Naurlas

« Reply #3455 on: August 25, 2014, 03:37:21 PM »

More than features of  pregnancy that you proposed. Selling a child once per X turns or get an average random girl once per Y turns. That's exactly how it works in wm, and it's pretty boring.

... Come again please ?

Children
- Can have quest related to their family
- Are normal people who are already implemented in the game
- They can learn / get educated / go to courses at simplest.
- You can make your clan
- Get incest
- Sell them as slaves
- Send them on missions / add them to your team
- Pretty much whatever u want

Of course it requires MUCH more "content" then cloning.

And now cloning ?
How it be fun ? They add nothing new to game and now u mentioned they are SOOO limited(only appearance and traits ?) I assume clones can't learn anything new / can't really be used effectively for long time due to money required < or I am wrong about this one ?
I don't think it's bad system if you want it, go ahead. But superior to pregnacy ? Not even funny.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:40:40 PM by Naurlas »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3456 on: August 25, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »
Nah, that doesn't matter as long as we don't have someone in dev team interested in creating so much content solely for children. Because without all that hypothetical, currently nonexistent content clones add more with much less work.

Pretty much any system, even clonning, will be better with more content, children are not unique in this regard.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:53:23 PM by DarkTl »

Naurlas

« Reply #3457 on: August 25, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »
I feel like hitting peas against wall.

The fact system is easy to implement and dosn't requires lot of content dosn't make it good in any way. It has to be fun to use and have a meaning in the game.
Cloning fails both checks + doing a lot of such small usless stuff slows down the progress of other more important parts of the game that are actualy fun.

But since I am not contributing to the project, I hope you guys have fun with it and good luck.

**Removed Picture.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:15:11 PM by Xela »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3458 on: August 25, 2014, 04:10:10 PM »
Let's clarify something, btw.

- Are normal people who are already implemented in the game
I don't understand this one. Do you have something against artificial life forms or something? Clones are just characters that are already in the game too.

- They can learn / get educated / go to courses at simplest.
And clones or even ordinary girls can't do it because?..

- You can make your clan
Sounds cool. But what do you mean by that? I mean the game logic. What it should add to the game? It's not an MMO or something...

- Sell them as slaves
Nope, it's against our current concept. You cannot simply enslave free characters.

- Send them on missions / add them to your team
And why can't you do the same thing with any loyal girl? Actually, you already can in the dev version.
=================================
Edit: Oh my, ragequited already? That was quick.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:13:52 PM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3459 on: August 25, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »
I'm not sure yet. I have more urgent things lately, like girlsmeets, so I didn't thought about it deep enough. We'll figure it out, just like we already did more or less with ST thanks to lamoli.*

Another push, I'm expecting to finish with AA2 lines tomorrow and begin to work with AG3.
------------------------
* there once was a Cherry's post above mine  :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:52:08 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3460 on: August 25, 2014, 04:49:49 PM »
Small SF Update:

- Only items at location: Exploration will can be found in SE now
- Added base logic for girl capture (not useful yet)
- Lowered chance of finding an item (was way too high)
- Fixed abnormal cash rewards!
- Added unique/specific items field to SE JSONS (items = {item_id: dicechance, ...}) (separate calculations from normal items)
- Added girls field to SE JSONS (girls = {girl_id: dicechance, ...}) (will work for both, unique and random)
- Changed Guards to Warriors in ND reports
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3461 on: August 25, 2014, 05:03:17 PM »
I believe in every location there should be level interval for capturing girls, not just id. Also, I propose to capture not more than 1 girl per exploration no matter what, because teams are small enough to have troubles otherwise.

Also, iirc in wm traits play a huge role. Merciless girls have much less chance to capture someone, and so on. I could make a json with bonuses and penalties for traits if you want.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3462 on: August 25, 2014, 07:10:23 PM »
Another push, I'm expecting to finish with AA2 lines tomorrow and begin to work with AG3.
AG3 again? Did I really missed that much?  :)

_------------
I test the items in a day or two ...

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3463 on: August 25, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »
 I know you are occupied with other things right now, but some ideas hit me, how the cloning could be showed and explained in the game.

Cloning concepts:

Mirror Hall – a hall with a mirror or multiple mirrors. If someone touches their crystal surface, their reflection comes to life and enters the PyTFall world. The clone would be just a look-a-like, with 1/3 traits reversed (big boobs = small boos, brave = coward and so on) or just 1/3 of the traits from the original. The Mirror Hall would be able only if discovered by exploration.

Crazy Scientist Lab – a crazy, lab-coat man wanting to combine science and magic to gain immortality. Constantly looking for new test subjects (give him a girl to clone, 1st time 10% of success, 2nd 10-20%, 3rd 10-30%, 4 the scientist tried to clone himself and succeed name would change to <Scientist name MK I>, cloning of a girl is now 25-50%, every next visit some increase in the % if cloning fails girls die).  Also he could have a strange hobby of collecting other people hair (material to clone) so you had to pay with girls hair for the service. And if we would have different sprites the MK after the name also could change with the graphic design as another clone would be created and upgraded.

Temple/Altar of a God – I would propose a god of chaos or some kind trickery. He would make people doubles for fun or just to create mayhem. It would be a copy of the girl but with some evil traits. If the god would be a trickster it could be kid-like, MC could offer candy to the god as payment. Chaos would ask for a “little favor”, later on would send MC on some quest to do some evil things in the city if not the god would end MCs life.

Underground Doctor – somewhere in the slums, in deep underground, hidden from commoners lives Dr X (not Dr X from Action Men, just placeholder name) that experiments with human body. Trying to create perfection or resurrect his beloved, long dead wife/daughter/hamster.  The background could be a doctor office or infirmary from some other game. Payment: gold.

Darks obsession with cloning, theories:
Fan of Star Wars.
Fan of Jurassic Park.
Wants to recreate one of the last scenes “My stepmother is an alien”, when hot alien chicks, come to take away one dude.
Wants to mess around with Xela.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:32:56 PM by MrKlaus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3464 on: August 25, 2014, 10:33:44 PM »
I believe in every location there should be level interval for capturing girls, not just id. Also, I propose to capture not more than 1 girl per exploration no matter what, because teams are small enough to have troubles otherwise.

Also, iirc in wm traits play a huge role. Merciless girls have much less chance to capture someone, and so on. I could make a json with bonuses and penalties for traits if you want.

Oki, I'll look into adding leveling for the girls and adding it too the SE.

It's already programmed that way (1 girl per run).

Do the traits thing if you want, I was thinking more along the lines of agility checks and maybe some helper item. You can't really kill girls off during capture in SE, especially unique once, it feels like an overkill.
Like what we're doing?