Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821384 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3480 on: August 26, 2014, 07:42:36 AM »
Yeah, they are called wealthy wolfes. They are very common in rpgs, I'm surprised you never met them.

Of course I mean those lines as random ones, like "The team found <item_id> in a hollow tree".

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3481 on: August 26, 2014, 08:17:18 AM »
- Now damned wolves carry money  ??? Ghm... but it's manageable I think (structuring texts that way).
Lol, separating lot from enemies was the very first thing I asked for (=writing encounters itself bellow the area, even with those texts you talk about), You decided that you don't want that, and now you complain?  :D

You can work on the area as you please, just leave me the very first entry for testing.
I wanted to add the item lists soon and it also miss any kind of balance whatsoever.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:19:30 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3482 on: August 26, 2014, 08:20:15 AM »
Lol, separating lot from enemies was the very first thing I asked for (=writing encounters itself bellow the area, even with those texts you talk about), You decided that you don't want that, and now you complain?  :D

I don't understand? Are you in favor of mobs dropping Gold or not?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3483 on: August 26, 2014, 08:31:47 AM »
There were some decent ideas for acceleration...
*I f#cking hate any idea of accelerated pregnancy/growth.
Yeah, that's our Xela, get used to it  ::)

We can just write that gold was found in a chest or something.
After we'll add crafting, mobs will have hardcoded drops like skins or something. But for now I'd prefer them to not have any drops at all, except humanoids like bandits or something. They already give exp after all.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3484 on: August 26, 2014, 08:39:50 AM »
I don't understand? Are you in favor of mobs dropping Gold or not?
I don't really care myself. Unreasonable drops are just that common in rpgs, that it's not really something to be worried about much I believe.
I'm just surprised you guys brought this up, after not so long ago when it was decided to drop most of similar ideas for the sake of simplicity (nothing against that decision)

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3485 on: August 26, 2014, 09:00:09 AM »
Sorry guys, but I'm simply not able to came up with all those descriptions required for the head items.
So I can:
1 - create them without the texts, just with stats and pics
2 - just forget them and more to other work (toying with SE and tavern is next in my plan)

3 - throw the link to Klaus that joined the bandwagon screaming "I'm a writer!" 

Just tell me where are the items that need descriptions and where is the list of stats for them. Will think of something. And if you have some descriptions done that could be an example for me, it should be easy from there.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3486 on: August 26, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »
Yeah, that's our Xela, get used to it  ::)

Murderous! :D

We discussed some stuff that wasn't complete crap in the past. I could at least in theory see it work out without too much damage to the game, but you were right in your post, I do dislike it as concept. If truth be told, I don't even remember what it was, just that it seemed acceptable.

I don't really care myself. Unreasonable drops are just that common in rpgs, that it's not really something to be worried about much I believe.
I'm just surprised you guys brought this up, after not so long ago when it was decided to drop most of similar ideas for the sake of simplicity (nothing against that decision)

Yeah, but Dark keeps asking for mooore :D

===========================================================
Let me try to write out a base concept for FG jobs/upgrades other than exploration:

*We cannot use Brothels Jobs without very significant modifications as they were never meant to be used for anything else when they were written (we only planned Brothel sim as concept at that time).

I really don't want to write advanced jobs for FG as they're not really required.

Instead:

- Non Slave Girls will normally just train or rest (Low health/fatigue).
- There is one slot for Service Girl (0 dirt growth guaranteed, with small daily decreases. )
- There is one slot for manager (can be taken by MC/Free girl), will have positive effects on rewards (better management) and lower "True Risk". Bonuses only apply if character isn't on the exploration run (always apply for MC). Also, bonuses depend on amount of time a character actually spent leading the Guild (so no/very limited effects if you just throw some char there when the team returns to try and whore a bonus)

Upgrades (currently planned):
Hall/Bar:
- Adds +1 Service Girl Slot.
- Disposition bonuses.
- Rest bonuses.
- Joy bonuses.
Training Area:
- Adds to training potential.
- Better bonuses if guild is properly managed.
Healing Onsen:
- Powerful healing/restoration abilities.
==============================================================
Total rooms in the guild:
1 for Service Girl + 1 if Hall/Bar
1 for Manager
+ 3 for every team
With 5 - 6 teams max, we can will have just below total of 20 rooms.
During the Next Day:
*We display area pic + small girls portraits that participate with corresponding texts
or
*Per character reports
Need some opinions for the above...

Let me know what you think? I will attempt to code this tonight.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:07:57 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3487 on: August 26, 2014, 09:17:29 AM »
==============================================================
Total rooms in the guild:
1 for Service Girl + 1 if Hall/Bar
1 for Manager
+ 3 for every team
With 5 - 6 teams max, we can will have just below total of 20 rooms.
During the Next Day:
*We display area pic + small girls portraits that participate with corresponding texts
or
*Per character reports
Need some opinions for the above...

I vote for the first option of display:

Team1 - got lost 15 meters from their home base.
Team2 - spend the day sunbathing.
Team3 - found the legendary treasure of DarkTI and escaped with it in an unknown direction
Team4 - did their job!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3488 on: August 26, 2014, 09:21:48 AM »
I vote for the first option of display:

Team1 - got lost 15 meters from their home base.
Team2 - spend the day sunbathing.
Team3 - found the legendary treasure of DarkTI and escaped with it in an unknown direction
Team4 - did their job!

LoL

They are not in teams. Teams are actually purely logical units, a girl can be a part of the team but work as whore in a completely different building. Took a lot of work to code but it was necessary for some parts of the concept.

Basically, I want girls that are just sitting in the guild, without doing any exploration to "have a life/tasks". That's what is suggested in the concept.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3489 on: August 26, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »
LoL

They are not in teams. Teams are actually purely logical units, a girl can be a part of the team but work as whore in a completely different building. Took a lot of work to code but it was necessary for some parts of the concept.

Basically, I want girls that are just sitting in the guild, without doing any exploration to "have a life/tasks". That's what is suggested in the concept.

Then I would go with the second option, displaying what everyone of them did on her free day. For example:

Girl1 - spend the day shopping.
Girl2 - went to the arena to watch the fights.
Girl3 - spend the day with her boyfriend
Girl4 - slept all day!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:38:38 AM by MrKlaus »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3490 on: August 26, 2014, 09:39:28 AM »
Let me try to write out a base concept for FG jobs/upgrades other than exploration:
Do you know I never ever thought about that FG could be player owned building, and that there could exist something like a job for that?  :D  That's why there was so much misunderstanding between us before, sorry for that.

----------------------
Will in the future those teams be able to participate in arena too?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:50:02 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3491 on: August 26, 2014, 09:49:08 AM »
Do you know I never ever thought about that FG could be player owned building, and that there could exist something like a job for that?  :D  That's why there was so much misunderstanding between us before, sorry for that.

----------------------
Will in the future those teams be able to participate in arena too?

You could buy it from realtor (introduced month back) :)

It's not too late to turn it into a state owned building (less work but also a bit less fun I think), I thought we arrived at the conclusion that it should be player owned some time ago.

We'll make arena fighting also possible for FG teams in the future. It would require some inter-module communications so lets leave it for later.

So you're ok with that concept? Nothing to add/take away at the moment?

Then I would go with the second option, displaying what everyone of them did on her free day. For example:

Girl1 - spend the day shopping.
Girl2 - went to the arena to watch the fights.
Girl3 - spend the day with her boyfriend
Girl4 - slept all day!

"Went to Arena to watch the fights"... I should have thought of that as a mini event. Dark missed it as well when writing traits-based stuff during the brothel Rest routines.

Anyway, you're off again, those are girls specific events during next day if they're resting/not doing anything. I am talking about Fighting Guild jobs/events.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3492 on: August 26, 2014, 09:59:18 AM »
So you're ok with that concept? Nothing to add/take away at the moment?
I can't really imagine much besides resting/healing and training for them to do... So I would expect more like a healers or trainers there to help with that but that could be that service girl helping them with rest and they could train each other like the guards do. So not really.
"Went to Arena to watch the fights"... I should have thought of that as a mini event. Dark missed it as well when writing traits-based stuff during the brothel Rest routines.
We didn't add it because it doesn't have any corresponding girlpack pictures... There a lot to improve there in rest action but I postponed that until tag review.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:00:59 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3493 on: August 26, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »
We didn't add it because it doesn't have any corresponding girlpack pictures... There a lot to improve there in rest action but I postponed that until tag review.

Rest actions are limited in their numbers so we might use the same technique for them as I have with the SE picture (Arena + Filtered Profile pic).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3494 on: August 26, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
Yeah, but Dark keeps asking for mooore :D
Technically speaking, the chance to find gold coins in abnormal areas is close to 0. Even if gold coins are used in some another world as money, the chance that they have the very same coinage is very low, because we talking about very different worlds. I already took some steps in this direction, I created multiple icons for objects like gems, artifacts, chests with coins of strange coinage. And when I'll deal with girlsmeets, you better prepare yourself for a new item type, "loot", which main (but not the only one) purpose is to be dropped during explorations and sold.

Sound good, but we need more options for slaves, I guess. They could help free girls to heal wounds for example, not just cleaning.
Also, maybe 1-2 guards to secure the building? There supposed to be rmgirls and loot, so...

Also, I wonder what to do with captured girls even after we'll add ST and dungeons. Not to mention that we don't have a dungeon yet. Maybe there should be a separate room for them right in the guild, so MC could take a look at them, release, sell, befriend and convince to join via interactions system, etc.