Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821289 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3495 on: August 26, 2014, 10:12:24 AM »
Rest actions are limited in their numbers so we might use the same technique for them as I have with the SE picture (Arena + Filtered Profile pic).
Yup, that could work. I like those visual stuff (but I would still prefer to focus on the girpacks pics first).
Hope that someone will actually read those reports from time to time  :D

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3496 on: August 26, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »

"Went to Arena to watch the fights"... I should have thought of that as a mini event. Dark missed it as well when writing traits-based stuff during the brothel Rest routines.

Also it could start a quest chain (side story), when a certain free girl is a fan(or a psycho fan) of the MC arena performance and will approach him on her own.

Anyway, you're off again, those are girls specific events during next day if they're resting/not doing anything. I am talking about Fighting Guild jobs/events.

I’m getting lost in here…  You are talking about reporting the girls daily growth and what they did working (same as it is displayed in brothel summary)?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3497 on: August 26, 2014, 10:24:01 AM »
Sound good, but we need more options for slaves, I guess. They could help free girls to heal wounds for example, not just cleaning.
Also, maybe 1-2 guards to secure the building? There supposed to be rmgirls and loot, so...

Also, I wonder what to do with captured girls even after we'll add ST and dungeons. Not to mention that we don't have a dungeon yet. Maybe there should be a separate room for them right in the guild, so MC could take a look at them, release, sell, befriend and convince to join via interactions system, etc.

Unless a Service Girl, sending slaves to live in the Guild should simply not be reasonable. We don't need to add any jobs for them.

**On the captured girls front (forgot to add my thoughts on that to the post):

I want the guild give off kind of a fighting family spirit vibe (in texts/explanations). So it would be great if we could outsource the dungeon to some form of City Jail/City Pens until ST where we'll introduce a proper dungeon. MC is to pay upkeep for putting girls there. For now, captured girls could either be set free, sent to train with Blue for x days until they become trained slaves or be sold to SlaveMarket.

==
Otherwise, I am coding the upgrades as proposed since noone is against it. Should be ready tonight/tomorrow.

Also it could start a quest chain (side story), when a certain free girl is a fan(or a psycho fan) of the MC arena performance and will approach him on her own.

*Content :)

I’m getting lost in here…  You are talking about reporting the girls daily growth and what they did working (same as it is displayed in brothel summary)?

Yeah, exactly. Simple side jobs if crew isn't off on an exploration run.

But you suggest wrong stuff like shopping (is handled during girls personal reports), Spent day sleeping/with boyfriend, sleeping is part of resting I guess but girls don't have advanced relationships atm.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3498 on: August 26, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
Unless a Service Girl, sending slaves to live in the Guild should simply not be reasonable. We don't need to add any jobs for them.
So far they are useful only for brothels. They are useless at arena, MC house doesn't have girls at all, guild could use 1 slave at all (2 with upgrade).

They are slaves, not sex androids or something. They can do any work.

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3499 on: August 26, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »
Yeah, exactly. Simple side jobs if crew isn't off on an exploration run.

So harassing people for money, working as a bodyguard for a jewel merchant, drinking in the bar while waiting for next assignment, looking for a missing kitty, providing security in some event in the city. Correct this time?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3500 on: August 26, 2014, 10:44:14 AM »
So far they are useful only for brothels. They are useless at arena, MC house doesn't have girls at all, guild could use 1 slave at all (2 with upgrade).

They are slaves, not sex androids or something. They can do any work.

Still, in spirit of the game slaves stay away from combat. We'll have more modules where it'll make sense. We'll add more options to MC housing at some point as well. Slaves will be more useful in the future, just not at a guild.

I am not saying that they can't, most limitations are world based + They can do a lot more than whore in the Brothels. We can add more jobs to brothels in the future as well.

So harassing people for money, working as a bodyguard for a jewel merchant, drinking in the bar while waiting for next assignment, looking for a missing kitty, providing security in some event in the city. Correct this time?

Hmm... not exactly what I meant but this is a very good idea! As your guild reputation is growing, people would bring you quests to complete. This should definitely be added to the guild in the future. For now, I'll just code stuff from my post.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3501 on: August 26, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »
Xela, don't forget about descriptions for elements. Add at least short ones if you don't want to add npc for long ones yet.

Offline Gismo

« Reply #3502 on: August 26, 2014, 12:11:35 PM »

Hi there!
I made a small selection of images for the game, maybe something will fit.

https://mega.co.nz/#!X1hSnSwT!K_eylbEREwAm2siY9vOfSqD-_K65kieu8hLv_0qjskU

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3503 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »
Excellent selection, thanks a lot!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3504 on: August 26, 2014, 12:27:07 PM »
??? I keep getting file no longer exists?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #3505 on: August 26, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »

Strange, seems to work.Here is mirror - http://www.fileswap.com/dl/r534b6ynTc/Images.rar.html

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3506 on: August 26, 2014, 04:51:41 PM »
Strange, seems to work.Here is mirror - http://www.fileswap.com/dl/r534b6ynTc/Images.rar.html

Damn, there are great pics for the city expansion in these backgrounds. Great finds!
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3507 on: August 27, 2014, 07:09:00 AM »
Should we kill the girl assignment screen now that we have dropdown menus? Seems utterly redundant...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3508 on: August 27, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »
options = {
"ct('Shy')" = ["Text 1", "Text 2", "Text 3"],
"(ct('Kuudere') and chr.occupation == 'Warrior') or (chr.status != 'slave' and chr.charisma > 1000000000)" = ["Text 1", "Text 2"]
}

replies = list()
for i in options:
    if bool(eval(i)):
        replies.extend(options)

if replies:
    $ rc(*replies)
else:
    $ rc("Generic reply if all else fails 1", "Generic reply if all else fails 2", "etc...")
Couldn't you create it as another custom function?
Something like $tr("trait1" :( "line1", "line2"), "trait2" :( "line1"), ("line2")..."traitN" :( "line1"),("line2")).
The more lines I'm adding, the less part of them players will actually see in most cases if we'll use elif everywhere. Good example here is interest topic where you used elif and dice. The chance to see the lowest line after all dices is about 0,04%, this is insane.

Elif structures do make my work easier because we don't need lines for every trait thanks to them. But they cannot be used everywhere.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:35:10 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3509 on: August 27, 2014, 09:08:30 AM »
Ok, I tested the SE items field - those items drop, but the chances are totally off somehow. Items drop like mad no matter what chance I set there.
Like:
"items": {"Mallet": 0.00002}
and it still dropped in 4 days out of 10  :D 

Also, saying "no" to "Are you sure to sent the team XY exploring" still send the team out there.