devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821681 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3570 on: September 02, 2014, 08:58:23 AM »
Base races too, theoretically. Json is already there, but not implemented yet.

ST change a race?

=======================
I am going to see if I can put in some time into generalizing some graphics tonight, take a break from a FG a bit.

*Also I can confirm that every single Drag&Drop issue will be solved in 6.18! Also a bunch of screens work a lot better/faster :) I am still in process of getting rid of a bunch of my bad coding that breaks in 6.18 but that's almost done.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3571 on: September 02, 2014, 09:20:26 AM »
Shouldn't it be more difficult to train unusual races?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3572 on: September 02, 2014, 09:25:47 AM »
Shouldn't it be more difficult to train unusual races?

I don't think that's what Thewlis asked about, it's not what we change, it's what we check.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #3573 on: September 02, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »
I'm working on interface and ready to show my progress. This is not a finished work.
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/b6L0smwQKO/Elements.rar.html

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3574 on: September 02, 2014, 11:53:17 AM »
Ended up deciding to place the actual training content in json files. Worked up an example for obedience training. All numbers were just made up, but the content is generally self-explanitary.

See the json's here.

The only things that aren't obvious are that "reqs" are requirements that the girl must meet to take the training, if any. "hero" is the same but for the person training them.

Down at the bottom "rewards", "punishments" and the stats in "effects" can be set to "positive" or "negative" (or just ignored). This sets up diminishing/increasing effects to those stats based on how along the training the girl is.

For instance the obedience example is set up so at lower obedience the girl responds better to rewards at the start, but better to punishments at the end, with joy and disposition also being affected until they gain the "Broken" trait.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3575 on: September 02, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »
I'm working on interface and ready to show my progress. This is not a finished work.
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/b6L0smwQKO/Elements.rar.html

Looks great :)

JSON wouldn't be my first choice for this but it will work :)

You prolly want max: - 50 for the trait*
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3576 on: September 02, 2014, 12:52:48 PM »
Well my main reason for putting it in json with parsers was that as traits and girls could be very easilly added, it would be best to allow for training to be easily added/changed as well in case anyone wanted to update them. Easier to change json then python at least.

Also had the benefit of me creating classes whose sole job is to parse then implement stat/trait/effect changes and requirements. I know that the stat changes in Traits currently just use loops in the apply / remove functions in the characters, but using the abstracted classes might be cleaner. I'll have to look later.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3577 on: September 02, 2014, 04:21:15 PM »
SF Updated:

- Fixed some old code that conflicted with 6.18
- Styled Wooden buttons
- Removed most Alkion "screen" buttons (now we use proper styles)
- Some code refactoring
- Some bugs fixed
- Killed PyTFall's confirm screen (in favor of Ren'Pys original)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3578 on: September 03, 2014, 06:43:46 AM »
Aaand out of nowhere I got rubella. Well done, immune system  ::)
That means less regular updates from me in the near future, can't be helped. Don't think that I'm dead unless I'll disappear for months.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3579 on: September 03, 2014, 12:43:23 PM »
That means less regular updates from me in the near future, can't be helped. Don't think that I'm dead unless I'll disappear for months.

Get better soon!

Wtf is with "month", it shouldn't be that serious...?
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3580 on: September 03, 2014, 01:26:53 PM »

Get healthy soon!

Btw. someone mentioned that there was a need for a background to diversified the exploring. The img comes from a browser game (game link: http://s1.mmrgame.com) that is dead for some time (developers don't do anything with it).

explore map for the browser game:

In game, the selected area highligts as is picked for the adventure.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3581 on: September 03, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »
In game, the selected area highligts as is picked for the adventure.
I like this. It has almost every possible terran in it, it could use the same selecting like the city and it looks like that guy is easilly erazable if needed. You have my vote  :)

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3583 on: September 03, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »
I like this. It has almost every possible terran in it, it could use the same selecting like the city and it looks like that guy is easilly erazable if needed. You have my vote  :)

We send fighters to the wild not trappers, so... maybe make him a guide? He's face isn't showed, so he could be anybody . Of course, the guide would be paid so here comes some exploration about exploration cost. He could be a member of some barbarian tribe, a scout in the guild service, some kind of information handler or a washed up adventurer that will point interesting spots for some gold he can spend at the bar.

Offline pelusa1ca

« Reply #3584 on: September 03, 2014, 11:13:18 PM »
Just a suggestion on the cost of exploration. Does not the player already pay wages and an upkeep cost? Seems simple to keep the costs as is than try to code more complicated mechanics...just a thought.

Respectfully submitted,

P