devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821280 times)

Offline pelusa1ca

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3600 on: September 12, 2014, 12:48:51 PM »
About her sounds like a good bet! This also sounds like unique stuff... not generic.

Update (done by Gismo, he's still figuring out Mercurial)
- Fixed broken pref theme
- Added Gismos new work
- New chat button
- New font

Looks just great.

P

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3601 on: September 12, 2014, 02:52:14 PM »
Ok. I'm waiting for randomising function, without it girlsmeets cannot be completed properly.

To clarify again, I'm talking about function that gives random reply like $rc, but uses several lists depending on existing traits.
Something like tr(trait1:(reply1, reply2), trait2:(reply1, reply2), ... , traitN(reply1, reply2)). So it randomly selects a trait for a start (if a girl has it), and then selects a reply. I'm not sure what to do if non of the traits exist though. Then again, I can use ct every time to make sure that at least one trait exists.

Bit awkward but this should work, you can use almost any conditioning (function will detect traits, if not a trait, expression will be evaluated).

Example:

Code: [Select]
    if not ec({"Aggressive": ("Aggressive Girl!", "Girl that is Aggressive!"),
             "'Aggressive' in chr.traits and chr.disposition > -500": ["Aggressive Girl that doesn't think that you're a complete shit!"]}):
        g "Some default reply..."

hi , i don't really know if this is where i can ask a question like this , but i read that you keep making new updates , where can i download them ?

Development updates...

There is no way in hell I have time to release a new version in the next few month :( Unless Thewlis/Dark/CW want to take care of that, you'll have to wait until better times.

======================================
I'll be very busy (even more than now) starting Monday so if there are any code related questions, you'll be better of asking Thewlis when he checks in. Game is in a very good shape atm so you can add content and maybe work on tags a bit when living finishes the new tagger.
Like what we're doing?

Offline cursed

« Reply #3602 on: September 12, 2014, 02:55:24 PM »
okey thanks for the reply , and good luck with the busy stuff :)

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3603 on: September 12, 2014, 03:37:38 PM »
Would this work?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3604 on: September 12, 2014, 04:33:30 PM »
Would this work?

Puuuurfect! (I just changed len(l) == 0 to not l).

Example:

$ line = rts(chr, {"Smart": ["Smart Girl!", "Girl that is Smart !"],
                              "'Smart' in chr.traits and chr.disposition > -500": ["Smart Girl that doesn't think that you're a complete shit!"],
                              "default": ["Meow"]})
    g "[line]"

If no default is specified and all traits/conditions fail, you can check and use other lines/labels/functions.

if not line:
        "Do something else"

Pushed to SF as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3605 on: September 13, 2014, 06:38:47 AM »
**Ren'Py version 6.18 has been officially released and I've been updating PyTFall's code for the past month so there are no errors in it. There are a bunch of improvements in it such as self-voicing, screen language update, force-recompile button (create new .rpyc files) and so on.

One of the most notable changes at the moment is the dissolve transition when clicking next day from the next day summary screen and no delays when clicking through the gallery picture really fast.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3606 on: September 14, 2014, 10:51:42 AM »
Ok, to clarify, interact_interest label without dozens of dices could look like
    $ line = rts(chr, {ct("Dandere"): ["I sleep on my days off. ...Is that bad?"],
                              ct("Dawdler"): ["I spend my days just lying around. Isn't there anything to do around here?", "I like beach sports, y'know? Just watching, though."],
                               co("Prostitute"): ["Finding the best ways to please men.", "Trying to find someone who'd try interesting positions, if you know what I mean."],
                              "default": ["Nothing special, really."]})
    g "[line]"
Am I right?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3607 on: September 14, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »
Am I right?

Loose the ct everywhere... Either JUST the trait name OR "ct('Dandere')" for the evaluation but the latter is useless.

My function will result in a line of one is available, Thewlis's rts will require g "[line]" to show the text. I think we should use rts here (far better Python and is reusable elsewhere) and kill my function.

Edit:
*I missed use of co()

Either:

"co('Prostitute')": [*lines] or "chr.occupation == 'Prostitute'": [*lines]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:53:32 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #3608 on: September 14, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »
Hey everyone!
A few comments on a few things.

The tagger is progressing, I will not give an ETA yet though. But you guys are allowed to discuss the tags here. Especially the slave training tags and maybe (I'd say eventually) tags for other character genders need to be taken care of.

I also want to leave my opinion on the new interface components. I do like Gismo's design, it's consistent yet the elements are diverse enough to be interesting. There are two problems (from a web designers point of view): The backgrounds and the fonts.
Note: I'm referring to this, this and this picture posted earlier.

The background art is drawing way too much attention (on both the talk panel and the buttons). To fix this, contrast and saturation for the flower patterns need to be turned down significantly.
The fonts are styled more than desirable and there are too many different fonts. The second problem is simple: Settle with a maximum of three fonts: Navigation elements, text and titles. Note that titles don't necessarily need an own font.
Navigation elements (e.g. the buttons on the talk panel) should have a simple, sans serif font without effects that is very easy to read. The spacing may be a bit wider than usual.
Titles (e.g. the buttons on the main page) should also be sans serif, but it may be ornamental. The spacing should be wider than usual, depending on the font. Lining numbers are desirable, effects are optional. Optionally, the navigation element font can be used if you do not want an ornamental font.
The font for text can be sans serif, but most prefer serif fonts for continuous texts. It should be proportional, the numbers may be non-lining and it musn't be ornamental. Normal spacing is preferable, no effects should be used.
Have fun!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:48:21 PM by livingforever »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3609 on: September 14, 2014, 01:55:09 PM »
Hey everyone!
A few comments on a few things.

The tagger is progressing, I will not give an ETA yet though. But you guys are allowed to discuss the tags here. Especially the slave training tags and maybe (I'd say eventually) tags for other character genders need to be taken care of.

I also want to leave my opinion on the new interface components. I do like Gismo's design, it's consistent yet the elements are diverse enough to be interesting. There are two problems (from a web designers point of view): The backgrounds and the fonts.
Note: I'm referring to this, this and this picture posted earlier.

The background art is drawing way too much attention (on both the talk panel and the buttons). To fix this, contrast and saturation for the flower patterns need to be turned down significantly.
The fonts are styled more than desirable and there are too many different fonts. The second problem is simple: Settle with a maximum of three fonts: Navigation elements, text and titles. Note that titles don't necessarily need an own font.
Navigation elements (e.g. the buttons on the talk panel) should have a simple, sans serif font without effects that is very easy to read. The spacing may be a bit wider than usual.
Titles (e.g. the buttons on the main page) should also be sans serif, but it may be ornamental. The spacing should be wider than usual, depending on the font. Lining numbers are desirable, effects are optional. Optionally, the navigation element font can be used if you do not want an ornamental font.
The font for text can be sans serif, but most prefer serif fonts for continuous texts. It should be proportional, the numbers may be non-lining and it musn't be ornamental. Normal spacing is preferable, no effects should be used.
Have fun!

I agree with everything save the backgrounds saturation (kinda like them standing-out). We need to reduce amount of fonts to 2 - 3 (maybe go crazy with 4) without any doubt.

We didn't expect graphics to come in so soon... original plan was to finish all major modules, finalize some content and try to design interface afterwards. There was no consistency before Gismo because we just threw together any resources we could find to have examples and options when we reach a more or less finalized version.

I too really like Gismo's work with consistency and diversity in one basket :) He's working on new calendar/main buttons frame right now that look pretty damn awesome.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3610 on: September 14, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »
Somethings either wrong with the styles, or in my copy as the girl assign screen no longer works at all.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing the xysize property of anonymous style:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlassign.rpy", line 8, in script
    with dissolve
TypeError: 'int' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    with dissolve
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1222, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\exports.py", line 1222, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 1806, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2145, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2393, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 335, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 335, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 386, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 332, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 909, in visit
    return [ self.style.background ] + self.children
  File "styleproperties.pxi", line 3663, in renpy.styleclass.Style.background.__get__ (gen\renpy.styleclass.c:158664)
  File "style.pyx", line 456, in renpy.style.StyleCore._get (gen\renpy.style.c:6189)
  File "style.pyx", line 652, in renpy.style.build_style (gen\renpy.style.c:8651)
  File "style.pyx", line 649, in renpy.style.build_style (gen\renpy.style.c:8572)
  File "stylepropertyfunctions.pxi", line 8306, in renpy.styleclass.xysize_property (gen\renpy.styleclass.c:65528)
  File "styleclass.pyx", line 77, in renpy.styleclass.index_0 (gen\renpy.styleclass.c:8542)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.18.0.635
PyTFall 0.47 Alpha

Offline livingforever

« Reply #3611 on: September 14, 2014, 04:13:13 PM »
I agree with everything save the backgrounds saturation (kinda like them standing-out).
That's an antithesis. The background musn't stand out, that's in its name (for a reason). While it might look fancy, it will get more annoying the longer you have to look at it.

We didn't expect graphics to come in so soon... original plan was to finish all major modules, finalize some content and try to design interface afterwards. There was no consistency before Gismo because we just threw together any resources we could find to have examples and options when we reach a more or less finalized version.
Yeah, I figured that, that's why I didn't complain earlier  :D .
Have fun!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:18:14 PM by livingforever »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3612 on: September 14, 2014, 04:27:53 PM »
Somethings either wrong with the styles, or in my copy as the girl assign screen no longer works at all.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing the xysize property of anonymous style:
    with dissolve

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    with dissolve
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1222, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\exports.py", line 1222, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 1806, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2145, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2393, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\screen.py", line 386, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 332, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renpy\renpy-6.15.7-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 909, in visit
    return [ self.style.background ] + self.children
  File "styleproperties.pxi", line 3663, in renpy.styleclass.Style.background.__get__ (gen\renpy.styleclass.c:158664)
  File "style.pyx", line 456, in renpy.style.StyleCore._get (gen\renpy.style.c:6189)
  File "style.pyx", line 652, in renpy.style.build_style (gen\renpy.style.c:8651)
  File "style.pyx", line 649, in renpy.style.build_style (gen\renpy.style.c:8572)
  File "stylepropertyfunctions.pxi", line 8306, in renpy.styleclass.xysize_property (gen\renpy.styleclass.c:65528)
  File "styleclass.pyx", line 77, in renpy.styleclass.index_0 (gen\renpy.styleclass.c:8542)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.18.0.635
PyTFall 0.47 Alpha

You can assign from girlslist screen. I will take a look at it tomorrow if time allows.

===================================
This is is now fixed, there seems to be a weird "error" in the reporting with 6.18, instead of pointing out the line, it just states xysize error "somewhere" in the code.

(xysize 1280 instead of xysize (1280, 122))

**We might get rid of that screen, with dropdown windows, it seems really redundant...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:05:23 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3613 on: September 15, 2014, 11:33:47 AM »
Pushed moar lines, AG3 is finished, now I'm working with remaining AA lines, the end is near. Also added half-sister trait.
Once again, girlsmeets are under maintenance, I only make sure that the game doesn't crash before pushing, so testing is mostly pointless at this point.

It seems that this "about her" label got broken by some automatic "rc" replacement or something. I'll push a fix.
I don't have any problems with rc instead of choice. Could you be more specific? The game doesn't crash or something, and rc returns a random reply too.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3614 on: September 15, 2014, 02:14:18 PM »
moar lines

moar is gut!

I've officially killed girlsassign screen in dev mode and it''s buried for good if noone complains about it.

Now girl can be assigned to a building/task through the buttons in her info (with green markers to indicate buttons) (or girlslists just like before). The main girl image can now be clicked to interact. Everything is tooltiped.

Like what we're doing?