devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821806 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3615 on: September 15, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »
I don't have any problems with rc instead of choice. Could you be more specific? The game doesn't crash or something, and rc returns a random reply too.
If you use the "rc" code and just ask any girl for "about her" option, she give you one response on every trait she have instead of just one random answer.

I actually find it really strange that the game doesn't crash with rc in about her label  :) 
It's supposed to create a list with randomly selected strings.
Code: [Select]
$gm_abouther_bisexual = (choice(["In love, gender makes no difference..."]))and then use "g" to convert it into renpy.say once at the end
$g(choice(gm_abouther_list))

But with using "rc" the way it was
$gm_abouther_bisexual = rc("In love, gender makes no difference...")instead on adding just a one string you are calling the whole renpy.say funtion in every "if" check which totally kills the point of building a list (the label was even missing the part where you use that list)

why to change things that are were working fine anyway?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:12:14 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Gismo

« Reply #3616 on: September 15, 2014, 05:48:40 PM »
Well, here is interface update:

- New patterns for main menu and main screen buttons
- New Font
- Remake bright town map
- New calendar and main buttons frame
- Some interaction chat frame fixes

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3617 on: September 16, 2014, 12:47:26 AM »
Well, here is interface update:

- New patterns for main menu and main screen buttons
- New Font
- Remake bright town map
- New calendar and main buttons frame
- Some interaction chat frame fixes

Looks awesome :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3618 on: September 16, 2014, 06:29:35 AM »
why to change things that are were working fine anyway?
Because I did it via autoreplacement in order to make the file more clear for players, ie have one function instead of two. Ok, I'll change it back for this label.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:31:15 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3619 on: September 17, 2014, 02:07:48 AM »
Because I did it via autoreplacement in order to make the file more clear for players, ie have one function instead of two. Ok, I'll change it back for this label.

I need to take a look at what you're doing with girlsmeets :) I've been only checking on Gismo's graphics lately...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #3620 on: September 17, 2014, 08:48:51 AM »
Done with mainscreen interface elements:

- 2 new mainscreen frames
- New size for buttons 200x60
- Add Journal icon

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3621 on: September 17, 2014, 01:24:23 PM »
I need to take a look at what you're doing with girlsmeets
I'm gathering lines. I'll let you know when I'll actually change its structure (I will very soon).

Done with mainscreen interface elements:
Cool icons btw. Finally we got rid of those confusing text buttons.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:26:33 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3622 on: September 17, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
I'm gathering lines. I'll let you know when I'll actually change its structure (I will very soon).

Structure as in buttons/grouping? We'll prolly recode the system at some point but content labels will stay the same. Also we should look into merging some content with interactions so there is no need to repeat stuff twice.

(calling some content labels)

In Ren'Py it's possible to call a label and return to where you came from using call command so same lines can be triggered from different ends.

Cool icons btw. Finally we got rid of those confusing text buttons.

Goes without saying, new graphics are great (and they're actually graphics for a change :D )
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3623 on: September 17, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »
I'm having some difficulty adapting part of the current job code for ST.

Basically each current job class has a line something like this:
self.img = self.girl.show("tag1", "tagN")
What I've got is this:
self.img = self.course.get_image(self.girl)
# --------
def get_image(self, girl, **kwargs):
    kwargs[self.imageMode] = True # normal, any, etc
    if self.noImageTags: kwargs["exclude"] = self.noImageTags

if self.imageTags:
        if girl.has_image(*self.imageTags, **kwargs): return girl.show(*self.imageTags, **kwargs)

# Fallback
    return girl.show("profile", "happy", **kwargs)

The function is just abstraction to allow for only 1 img assignment while having each course have different image tags.
The problem is that the job reports will sometimes have images from different girls, which makes no sense as I've copied the actual get image call from the other jobs and they aren't doing anything of the sort.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3624 on: September 18, 2014, 06:19:44 AM »
I have some ideas for girlsmeets, but they depend on how many lines I'll find/come up with. As for interactions, we could use some labels from girlsmeets there as well, but for many options that don't have a label we could use AA2 approach, ie description of the conversation rather than girl's direct quote.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3625 on: September 18, 2014, 06:50:32 AM »
    kwargs[self.imageMode] = True # normal, any, etc

I am not sure what this does without looking at code but show method is not very likely to mess tags up. Is it possible that not the right girl is being parsed to the method itself (girl)?

You can write new job classes for the ST, just like I did for the Simulated Exploration if you like.

*Edit: Check the devlog, maybe something useful is reported there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:52:27 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3626 on: September 18, 2014, 12:27:20 PM »
I am not sure what this does without looking at code but show method is not very likely to mess tags up. Is it possible that not the right girl is being parsed to the method itself (girl)?
Yeah, that was wrong, I fixed it but the problem persists, it should be:
kwargs["type"] = self.imageModeIt was just a way of setting type="any", or type="first_default" or what have you.

You can write new job classes for the ST, just like I did for the Simulated Exploration if you like.

*Edit: Check the devlog, maybe something useful is reported there.
It is in a custom job. I made 3 TrainingJob (for the actual girl, replaces SchoolJob compeltely), TrainerJob (for the character training) and SchoolGuardJob (for the guards).

Only TrainingJob has the problem, and as far as I can tell thats because the other 2 don't set img, it leaves it blank and allows the Event instance to pull up the fallback profile image.

EDIT:
Yeah I'm dumb. The call to get_image passed "girl" instead of "self.girl" so it used the last character to be set to the global girl variable instead of the girl assigned to itself. As girl existed it didn't throw any errors through the process as the images were always available. Now that this is fixed I should have the alpha ST pushed today.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:29:36 PM by Thewlis »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3627 on: September 18, 2014, 01:02:46 PM »
Now that this is fixed I should have the alpha ST pushed today.

Awesome! I wont get the chance to check it out tonight... also wondering where lamoli gone to, he was very exited about adding ST :)

It is in a custom job. I made 3 TrainingJob (for the actual girl, replaces SchoolJob compeltely)

Did you modernize school? Code was superold (one of the first things that I've ever coded...).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3628 on: September 18, 2014, 02:58:19 PM »
Yeah I looked at how SchoolJob and School worked, then used that as the basis for the whole training system. Training and Schooling now use the same systems and got a bit of an update.

Also Brothels got an update in the process as well. I created a new class between Building and Brothel called UpgradableBuilding then had the TrainingDungeon extend off of that as well. Simplifies the upgrading of buildings a bit as they now work through extension. Might have made the brothels list in the Player class defunct as the upgrade screen now pulls off of "[b for b in hero.buildings if isinstance(b, UpgradableBuilding)]" instead of "hero.brothels".

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3629 on: September 18, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »
Sounds great! I'll take a look at it when I have some free time. 
Like what we're doing?