devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821760 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3900 on: October 23, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
Hm? If you want to code two types of inventory, for work and for free time, I'm not going to stop you. I just don't think that it will be useful.

No, the system is already coded, it's just four - five extra lines of code. I didn't consider that we might need free time auto-equip option.

Right now it's based off stats (to include and exclude) so free time method will prolly be something like:

include=("charisma", "constitution", "refinement", "luck")
exclude=(*"all work stats")
*maybe with weapon slots blocked.

We'll see how much this makes sense in practice after I've coded this in.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3901 on: October 23, 2014, 02:13:55 PM »

@renting/ownership: I was thinking more like a general response in dialog with the girl then a whole system of ownership. Something like this:
MC: Where do you live?
Girl: I live at… I rent a room at… I have my place… I live with my mommy…
Better place = more money spend by the girl to keep it

@roommate/and all the others – something like a normal girl meet place. Being at her apartment the player could pick who he wants to talk with.
Btw. An idea just hit me, an all girl boarding school. Think more about it or let it sink?

We don't need them to keep different amounts of money before it can effect the game world (very distant future). So that's a no.

Boarding school is a bit off games course I think. You have stuff to write, finish that first :) (There are plenty awesome ideas for content if you run out of tasks, in fact I am pretty sure that I can keep you busy 24/7 for several weeks :D )
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3902 on: October 23, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »

Updated the girlsmeet screen to use the actions system. Put all the options in, though the only ones available are those that currently work.

The menu still sits at the bottom but I can move it up to align with the rest if we want. Slight changes to the GirlsMeet class but nothing major. Should be pushed in the next couple of days unless we want changes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3903 on: October 24, 2014, 04:20:02 AM »
Great, they need to take former girlsmeets style as well but I can that care of that myself. If the logic behind the setup is working, we'll start thinking about best way to unify girlsmeets and interaction into new Interactions logic (Adjusted Girlsmeets class I expect).

I'd like all "personal" training and actions of the ST module to go through this setup in the future as well and only scheduled training during the next day to be handled in the training/school setup. This should work out great.

We might create some "hentai" mode using the interactions frame later as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline livingforever

« Reply #3904 on: October 24, 2014, 07:00:58 AM »
Hi!
The menu still sits at the bottom but I can move it up to align with the rest if we want. Slight changes to the GirlsMeet class but nothing major. Should be pushed in the next couple of days unless we want changes.
It doesn't need to be centered, but please put the disposition bar and the interaction buttons on one side. After all, you don't want to feel like watching a tennis game while interacting with characters.

As you might have noticed, I have kind of given up on trying to discuss concepts here, you don't need to know the reasons, but you shouldn't expect much input from me in the near future.
Have fun!

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3905 on: October 24, 2014, 10:08:54 AM »
If the logic behind the setup is working, we'll start thinking about best way to unify girlsmeets and interaction into new Interactions logic (Adjusted Girlsmeets class I expect).
That shouldn't be too hard. Biggest change really would be how the interaction screen looks, unless you want to keep the current style. If you want to add a training version of it perhaps have the GM class hold a variable for which actions set to use, say "girlsmeet", "interaction" and "training". Then you could use the same screen for all three.

I'd like all "personal" training and actions of the ST module to go through this setup in the future as well and only scheduled training during the next day to be handled in the training/school setup. This should work out great.
How do you want to actually get to the 'training-interaction' screen though? I could add a button to the training screen that just says "Personal Training" or some such to take them there. Or just place a "Train" button into the interactions screen.

Offline Gismo

« Reply #3906 on: October 24, 2014, 10:13:24 AM »
Another small update.

- Hero profile screen visual changes.
> Done work on frames, bacground and generally over screen elements.
++ Equipment doll for the experiment.

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3907 on: October 24, 2014, 11:31:19 AM »

Got the styles working. Turns out you can't dynamically set a style using a variable without straight up copying your code and splitting them with an if statement as renpy can't predict what to use and throws an error ::).

Moved things about on the screen to get the bar and controls on the same side. The menu floating in the middle looked weird.

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3908 on: October 24, 2014, 12:53:54 PM »
I've got a simple consolidation of GM and interactions working. Not much different, a call to pytfall.gm.start_int instead of start_gm and making the interactions call some GM functions instead of their own and everythings working so far. Gonna play with it a bit still.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3909 on: October 24, 2014, 01:23:22 PM »
It doesn't need to be centered, but please put the disposition bar and the interaction buttons on one side. After all, you don't want to feel like watching a tennis game while interacting with characters.

I originally wanted to put it horizontally at the top of the screen but Dark or CW didn't like that...

That shouldn't be too hard. Biggest change really would be how the interaction screen looks, unless you want to keep the current style. If you want to add a training version of it perhaps have the GM class hold a variable for which actions set to use, say "girlsmeet", "interaction" and "training". Then you could use the same screen for all three.

Well, the plan I proposed before is to have the buttons/submenu buttons to be displayed on conditions and they can hold things like ("girlsmeet", "interaction" and "training"). The trouble is that a lot of current girlsmeets labels will do perfectly fine as interactions label. In fact I want to rename all girlsmeets and interactions labels so we do not even differentiate between the two in the future and they're displayed purely with buttons conditioning.

*Note: Current interactions will be merged with girlsmeets, frame used for interactions right now is likely to be used for "hentai" mode (that could be started from some locations). Interactions will be merged into Girlsmeets and the whole thing will be called Interactions.

How do you want to actually get to the 'training-interaction' screen though? I could add a button to the training screen that just says "Personal Training" or some such to take them there. Or just place a "Train" button into the interactions screen.

I am really sh!tty at explaining what I mean because I usually code this stuff myself and having someone else doing that is very new to me :) (although it's very, very welcome)

The idea is not to have personal "on spot" training and actions like "praise", "punish" and etc at all in the training screen. Instead when a player clicks on interact in the girls profile screen (girls picture), if a girl is in slave training instead of a normal background (right now it's called gallery) a corresponding background will appear (prolly some cell with chains or a room depending if a girl was broken already and is in professional training or she is still resistant and it should be a cell/dungeon). Anyway, there should be a button (training/personal training as you suggested, name doesn't matter). That button should lead to a submenu (another dropdown screen) with training options. Maybe we'll need those training options have submenus of their own, I am not sure yet... *Do note that some of the normal interactions options should be there as well...

Anyway, that was always the plan for "on spot" training or "on spot" actions. At some point we'll prolly adjust dungeons screen for faster access to interactions. The current dungeon assign screen should not have "on spot" training options at all and only be used to scheduled training by MC and other trainers during the next day.

I've got a simple consolidation of GM and interactions working. Not much different, a call to pytfall.gm.start_int instead of start_gm and making the interactions call some GM functions instead of their own and everythings working so far. Gonna play with it a bit still.

It's a step in the right direction but I want separate interactions to be gone in the end.

Got the styles working. Turns out you can't dynamically set a style using a variable without straight up copying your code and splitting them with an if statement as renpy can't predict what to use and throws an error ::).

Moved things about on the screen to get the bar and controls on the same side. The menu floating in the middle looked weird.

*We'll make it work one way or another, there's always a way in Ren'Py to do stuff like this.

Another small update.

- Hero profile screen visual changes.
> Done work on frames, bacground and generally over screen elements.
++ Equipment doll for the experiment.

Oki, I want to add some minor changing to it tonight :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3910 on: October 24, 2014, 04:44:30 PM »
Boarding school is a bit off games course I think. You have stuff to write, finish that first :) (There are plenty awesome ideas for content if you run out of tasks, in fact I am pretty sure that I can keep you busy 24/7 for several weeks :D )
Stuff to write... stuff to write… <trying to remember>. The alignment rewrite or was there something of more burning matter that slipped my eyes?
 (after some R&R this weekend, will start this Monday)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3911 on: October 24, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »
Stuff to write... tuff to write… <trying to remember>. The alignment rewrite or was there something of more burning matter that slipped my eyes?
 (after some R&R this weekend, will start this Monday)

LoL Way to stay focused!  ;)

Alignment rewrite, better intro, events, mc start-up texts and bonuses. I think the alignments should come first, would be nice to finish and forget about that for a while...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3912 on: October 24, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »
SF Updated:

*Version is as of now 0.51 codenamed: Slaver's Bay!  (In honor of upcoming ST module, been putting this off for far too long, we got a lot done!)
- Added color attribute to RC
- Restructured some of Gismo's MC profile screen code
- Fixed misaligned RadarChart (after it was shrunk) and added new colors to it (*Gismo should prolly pick more/better colors cause I suck at that)
- Fixed MC build screen not being hidden any longer for some weird reason...
- Fixed

+ other tiny tweaks to MC screen (feel free to change them back)

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3913 on: October 25, 2014, 03:13:22 AM »
- 2 - 3 job names sorted per occupation to be reflected in Interactions (and to be taken into account during hiring process)
- 2 - 3 levels of dwelling bound to those jobs (could be two dwellings per job for example).
- background(s) for these dwellings if a girl want to invite mc to stay (this can actually be avoided if we just add an option for mc to invite a girl into his apartment (assuming he has one) but would be nice to have).
That means that backgrounds are tied to occupations. So every time we add a new occupation, we need 2-3 new decent rooms pictures. They are not unlimited, you know.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3914 on: October 25, 2014, 04:16:03 AM »
That means that backgrounds are tied to occupations. So every time we add a new occupation, we need 2-3 new decent rooms pictures. They are not unlimited, you know.

No, we just need 6 - 10 backgrounds depending on how many you can find:

2: Poor
2: Decent
2: Luxury

and anything else if available. Backgrounds are tied to jobs, jobs are tied to occupations. There can be plenty of overlaps (why would dwelling of stripper should be any different from prostitutes).

I'll have to write code to make sure there is a pattern so a rank 7 prostitute doesn't end up living in some slum...
Like what we're doing?