devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821191 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3945 on: November 06, 2014, 03:53:04 PM »
Small SF Update again:

- Got rid of unused interface elements
- Changed some styles
- Removed unused styles
- Fixed bugs reported by CW

Interface folders feel a lot cleaner now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3946 on: November 07, 2014, 04:03:29 AM »
May I ask about current talk frames?
I've found that lines in arena said by team.leader are misplaced
Code: [Select]
team.leader.say("We are not looking for a fight outside of our league!")

team.leader.say("You seriously believe that you've got a chance?")
is there something that must be set to a character to say lines properly?

And also, If I would like to display and try to change portrait picture during talks and interaction, what could be the best way to do that?

------------
@Thewlis
if pytfall.world_actions.location("tavern_inside"):
            pytfall.world_actions.add("brawl_join", "Join in!", Show("pyt_wip_screen"), condition=Condition.global_flags("tavern_entry_brawl", "==", day + hero.AP))
            pytfall.world_actions.add("brawl_stay", "Stay", Show("pyt_wip_screen"), condition=Condition.global_flags("tavern_entry_brawl", "!=", day + hero.AP))
            pytfall.world_actions.finish()
Somehow this doesn't work and it's displaying only "Stay" button even if there is a brawl happening. (but there is no content related to those buttons whatsoever so we can freely remove them if there is some problem...)

----------
pushed some small fixes
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:23:51 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3947 on: November 07, 2014, 04:45:10 AM »
is there something that must be set to a character to say lines properly?

This should not be hard to fix, I think there is a weird offset added there...

And also, If I would like to display and try to change portrait picture during talks and interaction, what could be the best way to do that?

Need to look into this, I expect that there are plenty options to control this... just need to come up with a convenient one.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3948 on: November 07, 2014, 08:30:49 AM »
Pushed some fixes for interactions lines. Let's see how our current system (all those elifs) will work first. If there will be complaints, then I'll try rts function everywhere.
What we need now is more lines for several topics. Not every topic has enough lines because we mostly took them from other games, and things like hold hands for example are quite rare. Maybe Klaus could write them, because I definitely can't.

I wonder what should I do next...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3949 on: November 07, 2014, 09:05:48 AM »
The post you are trying to quote either does not exist, was deleted, or is no longer viewable by you.

Damn CW keeps deleting his posts :D

To answer:

Yes, what you described is exactly what I've had in mind. Also we can remove/add stuff based on girls personal flags making those menus even more unique and interesting. I think this is very close to the final version of Interaction system in the game.

No, disposition is not being applied, we'll fix that later, code is here:
   class Girl(PytCharacter):
        # bla bla bla
        def __setattr__(self, key, value):
            if key in self.STATS:
                if key == 'disposition':
                    # This is a temporary crutch:
                    if last_label.startswith("gm_"):
                        if key == "disposition":
                            value = value + hero.charisma / 2
it should be:
                    if last_label.startswith("interactions_"):
to make it work.

Pushed some fixes for interactions lines. Let's see how our current system (all those elifs) will work first. If there will be complaints, then I'll try rts function everywhere.
What we need now is more lines for several topics. Not every topic has enough lines because we mostly took them from other games, and things like hold hands for example are quite rare. Maybe Klaus could write them, because I definitely can't.

I wonder what should I do next...

Our current system should handle everything same as the old one, only the access code has changed, we're still using normal Ren'Py labels and script.

Do whatever interests you the most, there tons of stuff that need to be done before the next release!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3950 on: November 07, 2014, 09:18:41 AM »
Damn CW keeps deleting his posts
2slow4me  8)

I figured dates are supposed to be preliminary agreements and take a lot of time, like in AA2 (not necessarily with a black screen). Because they are irl.

Our current system should handle everything same as the old one, only the access code has changed, we're still using normal Ren'Py labels and script.
I mean players reaction.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:28:38 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3951 on: November 07, 2014, 01:04:52 PM »
if pytfall.world_actions.location("tavern_inside"):
            pytfall.world_actions.add("brawl_join", "Join in!", Show("pyt_wip_screen"), condition=Condition.global_flags("tavern_entry_brawl", "==", day + hero.AP))
            pytfall.world_actions.add("brawl_stay", "Stay", Show("pyt_wip_screen"), condition=Condition.global_flags("tavern_entry_brawl", "!=", day + hero.AP))
            pytfall.world_actions.finish()
Somehow this doesn't work and it's displaying only "Stay" button even if there is a brawl happening. (but there is no content related to those buttons whatsoever so we can freely remove them if there is some problem...)

Yeah, the day+hero.AP bit was being calculated when the actions were created then stayed like that. I've made it so conditions can now "calculate" the second operand as well as the first.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3952 on: November 07, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »
I've wrote some of my thoughts on a possible stats system, let me know what you think.

Tomorrow I will prolly have some time to enable girls capture in SE and fix some issues with the module (more or less wrapping it up for the release). If anyone wants something added there, let me know. If that goes well and fast, I'll take a look at some other stuff as well. Tonight I need to figure out what's wrong with my simple beach events (they throw "you've called integer error" after next day has been run (I expect it's Ren'Pys define statement)) and fix some styles I've messed up yesterday...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3953 on: November 07, 2014, 05:06:56 PM »
No, disposition is not being applied, we'll fix that later, code is here:!
Thought so... disposition increases felt a bit slow somehow.

About stats:  ...I can't think or anything to say here  :)  Do what you guys think it's best and then tell me how to update girls, mobs and items to work again and I'm fine with it.
The thing is, I never worked with game systems and I don't know how majority of stuff is calculated even now. When I was creating something with stats, I usually just putted in some numbers similar to the closest thing I could find.
So even if you change the whole thing overnight, I seriously doubt I would notice  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3954 on: November 07, 2014, 05:20:12 PM »
Thought so... disposition increases felt a bit slow somehow.

About stats:  ...I can't think or anything to say here  :)  Do what you guys think it's best and then tell me how to update girls, mobs and items to work again and I'm fine with it.
The thing is, I never worked with game systems and I don't know how majority of stuff is calculated even now. When I was creating something with stats, I usually just putted in some numbers similar to the closest thing I could find.
So even if you change the whole thing overnight, I seriously doubt I would notice  :)

Noted... I tracked down the pickle bug to it's source but still have no explanation for it and still blame Ren'Py :)

Edit:
SF Updated:
- Restored some styles
- Fixed a couple of bugs
*renpy.retain_after_load() bug in the brothel screen is fixed but remains unsolved (could easiely be a bug in Ren'Py itself)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:41:04 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3955 on: November 07, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
Yeah, the day+hero.AP bit was being calculated when the actions were created then stayed like that. I've made it so conditions can now "calculate" the second operand as well as the first.
Sorry to say, but after your last update some buttons groups like "praise" or "proposition" and few more disappeared from interactions

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3956 on: November 07, 2014, 07:42:33 PM »
...I didn't even touch them. Sigh, I'll beat them into submission tomorrow.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3957 on: November 08, 2014, 03:31:57 AM »
Tomorrow I will prolly have some time to enable girls capture in SE and fix some issues with the module (more or less wrapping it up for the release). If anyone wants something added there, let me know.
Loot items. They don't have to replace gold (yet), but they should be droppable and sellable.

Also, how are you going to set initial levels/stats for captured characters?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3958 on: November 08, 2014, 04:33:19 AM »
Loot items. They don't have to replace gold (yet), but they should be droppable and sellable.

Also, how are you going to set initial levels/stats for captured characters?

Forgot all about that, I'll throw those in as well...

Randomly by default, fixed if specified.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3959 on: November 08, 2014, 04:54:23 AM »
Shouldn't they be limited by team's average level or something?