devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821657 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3975 on: November 08, 2014, 10:58:55 AM »
Alright, I've got the system working again.
Thanks!
So all issues I had solved in a day? This game must have the best support ever  8) :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3976 on: November 08, 2014, 11:15:44 AM »
LoL It really should (although I don't know the real stats of that sword).
It's an easter egg from Soul Eater (not Fate/stay night or something). It really should cost that much, I guess.
However, I'm afraid that too expensive items could be too profitable. If you are lucky enough to find something good (iirc it has 1% chance to drop, but it's not that small compared to some items in games like diablo), your money problems will be solved for a very long time.
Possible decision is to set max amount of gold for merchants, either total or per item. Or set extortionate purchase price, like in witcher, where you get from 1/5 to 1/10 of items cost.

As for free gold that required to buy initial house, we should avoid it somehow too. In games where they give you free gold to buy a house you are forced to do it. We don't force it, so...

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3977 on: November 08, 2014, 11:19:33 AM »
I'm officially give up on finding a suitable background for a temple of time. I have some decent npcs for it though, so we could add an item (clocks, obviously) to summon them.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3978 on: November 08, 2014, 11:55:19 AM »
Only thing with a clock I have is this:

I wanted to ask about church, do we have a plans for any? I have some nun-like girls I want to add so I was thinking about having a small event there. So the question is if we want one on main map or I should keep it just as a non accessible unimportant event BG.

Offline Gismo

« Reply #3979 on: November 08, 2014, 12:22:28 PM »
I'm officially give up on finding a suitable background for a temple of time. I have some decent npcs for it though, so we could add an item (clocks, obviously) to summon them.
Returned from a work trip )

I remember, you wanted the temple with clock for revival. I'll see what I can do about it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3980 on: November 08, 2014, 12:35:34 PM »
Returned from a work trip )

I remember, you wanted the temple with clock for revival. I'll see what I can do about it.

It's not a priority... we have a lot of other stuff to do.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3981 on: November 08, 2014, 12:55:30 PM »
It's not a priority... we have a lot of other stuff to do.
It's not a minor thing either, unless you want permanent death.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 01:05:47 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3982 on: November 08, 2014, 12:59:51 PM »
I understand, but there are more important things to work on atm than resurrection system, even in content.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3983 on: November 08, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »
Only thing with a clock I have is this:
I wanted to ask about church, do we have a plans for any? I have some nun-like girls I want to add so I was thinking about having a small event there. So the question is if we want one on main map or I should keep it just as a non accessible unimportant event BG.
I hoped to find something more temple-ish, but it will work too if Gismo won't be able to find something.

A church... We have temple of time for revival, so maybe there could be kind characters and even orphans that you could recruit.
It rises new questions about religions and gods in the city though. I hope your nuns are ready to answer them  :)

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3984 on: November 08, 2014, 01:27:38 PM »
A church... We have temple of time for revival, so maybe there could be kind characters and even orphans that you could recruit.
It rises new questions about religions and gods in the city though. I hope your nuns are ready to answer them  :)
It doesn't really matter for what I wanted  :)  I didn't think about religions at all yet, do we really want that stuff?
----
Do you have outside pic for that temple of time?

====================
Should I update tags in whore jobs? There are some "noTags" conditions missing that wasn't transferred from old version, causing wrong images to be used (bdsm, mast, etc...)
I'll just do it, it's not like we will have better tags in a day or two...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 01:54:45 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3985 on: November 08, 2014, 01:45:36 PM »
Oh, my priestesses of time will be able to tell many things about their god  :)
I also have ideas about revival penalties system, and why they exist. Because otherwise it will be too shady and superficial.

I believe church cannot exist without a god. And I bet your nuns don't wear time-related robes. So we have polytheism now.

Do you have outside pic for that temple of time?
Nope. If you have any, they are welcomed.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3986 on: November 08, 2014, 01:56:54 PM »
Should I update tags in whore jobs? There are some "noTags" conditions missing that wasn't transferred from old version, causing wrong images to be used (bdsm, mast, etc...)
I'll just do it, it's not like we will have better tags in a day or two...

Yes.

Oh, my priestesses of time will be able to tell many things about their god  :)
I also have ideas about revival penalties system, and why they exist. Because otherwise it will be too shady and superficial.

I believe church cannot exist without a god. And I bet your nuns don't wear time-related robes. So we have polytheism now.
Nope. If you have any, they are welcomed.

Oki

I can't figure out how the damned jail works, code is all over the place :)

Apparently we already had rudimentary girls capture code, might even be enough for the first version. I just need to figure out how to work the new jail...

*Going to give up on jail for now, I only can force a fix that could potentially break Thewlises stuff. Going to wait for him to explain how jail and runaway manager are working together. There are still some messed up styles/buttons I need to take care of.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:15:32 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3987 on: November 08, 2014, 03:20:02 PM »
Lets see...

You know the SlaveMarket class? Well I changed the shopping-for-slaves screen to be able use any class that implements the following:
  • buy_girl() buys the currently selected girl.
  • girl contains the currently selected girl.
  • girlfin passes the screen the object that contains get_price(), get_whore_price() and get_upkeep() for the currently girl.
    (Used so the slave market, jail and runawaymanager can specify their own prices. The jail currently uses girl.fin.get_price() / 2)
  • girls_list The list of the girls in the jail.
  • index The index of the current girl in the list.
  • next_index() Steps to the next girl.
  • previous_index() Steps to the previous girl.
  • set_girl(girl) Sets to a specific girl.

Both RunawayManager and CityJail implement these methods / properties so can be passed to the shopping screen so it can use them as if they were an instance of the SlaveMarket class.

RunawayManager automatically adds girls to it that trigger runaway states while training and manages their availablity in the jail and look around events. You access the RunawayManager in the jail screen by going Cells>Browse Escapees. You can manually add a girl to the RunawayManager (there by making them runaway) by calling pytfall.ra.add(girl), and remove them with pytfall.ra.remove(girl). If you want to check whether or not a girl can/successfully does runaway use:
Code: [Select]
pytfall.ra.can_escape(girl, location, guards_if_not_from_location=None, girlmod_dict_for_events=None, traits_to_help_escape=None, traits_to_hinder_escape=["Restrained"], use_BE=True, simulate_or_enter_BE=True, be_kwargs=dict())

Returns (success, detail), where success is true/false and detail is "caught" and "defeated" for an unsuccessful attempt with and without fighting respectively, or "escaped" and "fought" for a successful attempt.

To add / remove a girl from the normal jail use jail.add_prisoner(girl) / jail.remove_prisoner(girl). It can be accessed by Cells>Browse Prisoners. Aside from that its interface is the same.

There is also an event trigger called "browse_jail_cells" accessed through Cells>Browse Cells.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3988 on: November 08, 2014, 03:31:55 PM »
And I figured all of that out but for some reason:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Code: [Select]
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - city_jail.rpy", line 37, in script
    python:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - city_jail.rpy", line 39, in <module>
    result = ui.interact()
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 173, in execute
    screen pyt_slave_shopping(store, tt_text, buy_button, buy_tt):
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 190, in execute
    if store.girls_list:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 192, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 195, in execute
    side "c r":
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 196, in execute
    viewport id "sm_vp_stats":
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 203, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 206, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 211, in execute
    text (u"{font=fonts/rubius.ttf}{color=#000}{color=[crimson]}%s"%(store.girl.fullname)) align(0.5, 0.5)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fullname'

I keep getting errors like this one when i try to look at prisoners. Also if there are no prisoners, the game locks with writing on a white frame that I cannot find how to close (prolly a called screen).

I am trying to style Interactions screen now :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3989 on: November 08, 2014, 03:49:57 PM »
Which one looks better?

*Right one will not be out of bounds because developer will not be there under normal play.
Like what we're doing?