Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821226 times)

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4005 on: November 09, 2014, 01:20:15 PM »
Good news! While I didn't straight up revert the jobs file, I did go through and add back every girls.remove(girl) call so whores now service multiple clients, and every other job should be working as originally intended again.

I fixed the Service girls not bar tending (I made a typo) and added the "les" tags back to the lesbian sex act.

I may have also fixed CityJail, but I'm still testing that.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4006 on: November 09, 2014, 03:06:18 PM »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #4007 on: November 09, 2014, 04:11:49 PM »
Alright, I've definitely fixed the CityJail/RunawayManager next/previous index problem.

Although I've got to ask, is there an important reason, asside from standardising it with normal screen syntax) that the location_actions positioning arguments were renamed? 'Cause using align doesn't work with submenus as the whole screen will be moved more and more to right with everyone opened.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4008 on: November 09, 2014, 04:19:04 PM »
Although I've got to ask, is there an important reason, asside from standardising it with normal screen syntax) that the location_actions positioning arguments were renamed? 'Cause using align doesn't work with submenus as the whole screen will be moved more and more to right with everyone opened.

I couldn't figure out how to work the code but everything seems to be working fine, where does the code fail? There was no important reason, no.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #4009 on: November 09, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »
It was the use of align. Align is basically shorthand for pos and anchor, so:
Code: [Select]
align (0.95, 0.95)
==
pos (0.95, 0.95)
anchor (0.95, 0.95)
The issue is that as the action screen gets wider when sub menus open up, the x anchor ends up moving further inwards as 100*0.05 == 5, but 200*0.05 = 10. It was only really noticeable when I was testing with the maximum number of sub menus as it became more and more pronounced.

I've fixed it by changing the default arguments to pos=(0.98, 0.98), anchor=(1.0, 1.0), align=None so it gets positioned at the same place but has its anchor set at the very end.

TBH naming the positional arguments like that is probably for the best. Certainly matches the rest of the screen code, although I did like how left/right top/down sounds.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4010 on: November 09, 2014, 04:36:12 PM »
Well, feel free to change it back or fix whatever is wrong with it.

I wanted to set ypos to three hundred and something and anchor it is such way for girlsmeets that middle of girlsmeets menu would find itself perfectly aligned to the middle of bar. I couldn't figure out how to get it done with the old code so decided to rewrite it a bit, after testing everything seemed to be working fine. I didn't test more tiers :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #4011 on: November 09, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »
Don't worry, I just needed to change the default arguments to use anchor and pos instead of align.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4012 on: November 09, 2014, 05:36:27 PM »
Kewl.. I am done for the night, pushed last minute fix to old sh!tty code in items transfer screen.

Next thing should prolly be more stuff for girlscapture (now working) but captured girls don't get any special treatment in jail.

I want a moderate "registration fee" and "upkeep" cost. They should either be sold chap to Stan, receive expensive/lengthy (Break) training with Blue or be sent to training dungeons if player has such a thing...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4013 on: November 09, 2014, 11:36:44 PM »
...or be released and either returned to wherever they were captured or added to city population.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4014 on: November 10, 2014, 09:12:22 AM »
How do you plan to add girls to the locations?

Right now, it say :"girls": {"Angel": 100} in the cursed forest, but players may not have a girl with that ID in their games, so is there another way?
---------------
- merged my loose item file with others + small stuff
-------------
Maybe something with gears?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:08:32 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4015 on: November 10, 2014, 09:16:41 AM »
How do you plan to add girls to the locations?

Right now, it say :"girls": {"Angel": 100} in the cursed forest, but players may not have a girl with that ID in their games, so is there another way?
---------------
- merged my loose item file with others + small stuff

Nothing will happen if they don't.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4016 on: November 10, 2014, 11:02:02 AM »
I suppose time related characters like Sakuya from touhou project can be met near the temple of time. So we probably need names and meeting code for all freely accessible locations, unless it easier to handle via custom meeting scripts.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4017 on: November 10, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »
I suppose time related characters like Sakuya from touhou project can be met near the temple of time. So we probably need names and meeting code for all freely accessible locations, unless it easier to handle via custom meeting scripts.

Individual cases should be handle through the event system, we're not going to expand modules to auto-handle cases like these until 1.0 if finished. I got an hour or two, going to look into if the top stripe can be auto-hidden with gismos new map (just that one screen and map option) like the windows toolbar...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4018 on: November 10, 2014, 05:04:09 PM »
Pushed logic for gismos new map, top stripe is a dropdown on the main map now...

Apparently you can't properly use screen variables declared in screen that was called with use statement, only from parent... took me a long time to figure that out :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #4019 on: November 10, 2014, 08:14:10 PM »

Well, that's all I can do for Temple of Time. I left a place for npc in the right part of the picture.