Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821238 times)

Offline Dusk

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4245 on: January 06, 2015, 11:59:29 PM »
Sorry that was my fault, I thought I copy and pasted but, I must've I pressed Ctrl X instead of Ctrl C. I didn't check on it for a couple days so that probably caused some headaches.
I can put them all back easily enough.  I'll just do the copy paste correctly this time.

I didn't add or remove anything from the actual folder so it still should be in its vanilla state.

Again, apologies didn't mean to cause such a kerfuffle.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #4246 on: January 07, 2015, 12:11:33 AM »
i know how it is to hit wrong buttons, just added usb keyboard and it is different then laptops keyboard so keep hitting wrong buttons major pain in the butt
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4247 on: January 07, 2015, 03:45:24 AM »
Of course we have outdated as hell girls data files. We change stuff so often.
Btw, how to specify skills in data files? Or, rather, is it even possible? I mean, after we changed skill system.

Sorry that was my fault, I thought I copy and pasted but, I must've I pressed Ctrl X instead of Ctrl C. I didn't check on it for a couple days so that probably caused some headaches.
I can put them all back easily enough.  I'll just do the copy paste correctly this time.
Nah, DB keeps even deleted files for a month or so, I already restored them.
Btw, if you don't have enough disk space for our files, there is a Custom Sync function, you can select which folders you will have on your pc there.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4248 on: January 07, 2015, 05:26:33 AM »
Btw, how to specify skills in data files? Or, rather, is it even possible? I mean, after we changed skill system.

No, right now they all simply start with 0.

It is (or at least should be since it is not tested yet) possible to modify skills through traits and items. Jobs and School haven't been adapted yet either.

We can go two ways:

1) Allow setting a rank and a character will be leveled to that rank requirements. This is A LOT MORE WORK because it will force our hand to start using ranks before the next release and that in turn requires fixing classes (occupation) all over the code as well.

2) We do the same thing as for stats, simply allow setting the values.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4249 on: January 07, 2015, 06:36:34 AM »
I don't have a problem with traits (or, rather, flags) in data files that mean basic training in some skill. Like Maid for service.
It means one flag per skill, but names are quite obvious (dancer, healer, etc).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4250 on: January 07, 2015, 06:47:08 AM »
I don't have a problem with traits (or, rather, flags) in data files that mean basic training in some skill. Like Maid for service.
It means one flag per skill, but names are quite obvious (dancer, healer, etc).

Either ranks or plain values. I am leaning towards plain values, it's in sync with how stuff works already.

Edit: There might be another option to set them according to character level and "subproffesion" but we don't have the latter yet. We could do that with out system temporarily.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #4251 on: January 07, 2015, 11:27:35 AM »
Hey, lads. Been playing around abit with the game and its looking neat. I kinda wanted to add some of my own girls to the game. And i know drag and drop works, but being an anal fuck, i kinda want to make em as good as I can. Been looking around for info on how to add em the "right" way but ive come up empty. I remeber finding something about way back when but I cant for the life of me find the info again. Could one of you point me in the right direction, if there is such a direction that is. xD
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:03:26 PM by Lurker »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4252 on: January 07, 2015, 12:00:20 PM »
Could one of you point me in the right direction, if there is such a direction that is. xD
There's none  :)  The picture tags and skill system is in the middle of changing so it would be wasteful to create girl packs for old game version and there are no ready tools for the new one yet.

I'm planning to look into it this weekend (modify some old tagger and change the screens to use new tags if needed) to test it, and I hope it will all not take that long before it will be possible to start adding girls again - I want to do it too!  :(

Offline Lurker

« Reply #4253 on: January 07, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »
Ah cool cool. Well keep up the good work. :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4254 on: January 07, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »
Hey, lads. Been playing around abit with the game and its looking neat. I kinda wanted to add some of my own girls to the game. And i know drag and drop works, but being anal fuck i kinda want to make em as good as I can. Been looking around for info on how to add em the "right" way but ive come up empty. I remeber finding something about way back when but I cant for the life of me find the info again. Could one of you point me in the right direction, if there is such a direction that is. xD

We didn't write any proper guides or explanations because we are only now coming up with a finalized version of stats, skill and image tags.

If you want to create characters for the next version, we do not have a properly setup image tagger yet :(

If you want to create your own character to play the Alpha, it's setup:

Get one of the taggers and tag images:
https://mega.co.nz/#!Glx1AC5A!GgLVP65QOiowHBbOE5Wf_c6_qoF2_6eThiM9lu39ZSw
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3405.0

You should find and add at least one transparent battle_sprite tag for the Arena and it least one profile for defaults.

Then take a look at other native girls, they will all have data file, either their personal file or one large file for all or some combination of the two. Inside it's more or less the same stuff as in WM with a couple extras.
========================================
If you want to add your WM packs to PyTFall without making them native but still have more options, you can add two fields to .girlsx files:

status="free"
      location="city"

They will be sent as free girls to the city to participate in girlsmeets. You will still have to add battle_sprite for the arena if you want them to fight. and prolly add occupation="Warrior" as well.

For example, this is how one of the WM girls looks in my current version:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Girls>
<Girl
Name="Yoruichi Shihouin"
Desc="Bleach - *meow*"
Charisma="50"
Happiness="100"
Libido="60"
Constitution="50"
Intelligence="50"
Confidence="70"
Mana="20"
Agility="95"
Fame="0"
Level="0"
AskPrice="0"
House="0"
Exp="0"
Age="26"
Obedience="10"
Spirit="70"
Beauty="80"
Tiredness="0"
Health="100"
PCFear="0"
PCLove="0"
PCHate="0"
Anal="0"
Magic="0"
BDSM="0"
NormalSex="0"
Beastiality="0"
Group="0"
Lesbian="10"
Service="0"
Strip="10"
Combat="10"
Gold="25"
status="free"
location="city">
<Trait
Name="Big Boobs" />
<Trait
Name="Strong" />
<Trait
Name="Adventurer" />
<Trait
Name="Assassin" />
<Trait
Name="Great Figure" />
<Trait
Name="Fearless" />
<Trait
Name="Iron Will" />
<Trait
Name="Fleet of Foot" />
<Trait
Name="Tough" />
<Trait
Name="Long Legs" />
</Girl>
</Girls>
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4255 on: January 07, 2015, 12:16:05 PM »
There's none  :)  The picture tags and skill system is in the middle of changing so it would be wasteful to create girl packs for old game version and there are no ready tools for the new one yet.

I'm planning to look into it this weekend (modify some old tagger and change the screens to use new tags if needed) to test it, and I hope it will all not take that long before it will be possible to start adding girls again - I want to do it too!  :(

I would appreciate that, we'll have a tagger to work with again cause I have no idea on if we agreed for me to mess with the Ren'Py tagger or for Dark to finish Delphi one.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4256 on: January 07, 2015, 12:25:21 PM »
I would appreciate that, we'll have a tagger to work with again cause I have no idea on if we agreed for me to mess with the Ren'Py tagger or for Dark to finish Delphi one.
I have no idea either  :D  And dunno how much is the new tag set actually considered finished...

But this and tagger aside, is adding corresponding filename letters to the game converter all that is needed to stats using new tags?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:29:42 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4257 on: January 07, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »
But this and tagger aside, is adding corresponding filename letters to the game converter all that is needed to stats using new tags?

Unless we actually change names of the tags we use today, that is all it'll take.

When renaming, you should prolly leave all the sex tags as they were. It is not possible to do the combination thing Dark wanted to have during tagging sex images with Rudi's tagger and I don't like that idea anyway.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4258 on: January 07, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »
If some of you guys didn't persuaded me to stop working on my tagger (yes, Xela, you too), it would be ready twice by now.

Noone wants to code a tagger AND noone wants me to finish mine. Jeez  ::)
I'm starting to work on my tagger again tomorrow, I'm afraid I won't live long enough to see a ready tagger otherwise.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:11:22 PM by DarkTl »

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #4259 on: January 07, 2015, 01:21:30 PM »
rofl did my post not even show up, odd
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)