devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821727 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4260 on: January 07, 2015, 02:03:04 PM »
Well, the important part is that conversion list, tags should work even if image filenames are written by hand afterall  :) 

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #4261 on: January 07, 2015, 02:09:31 PM »
i was wondering do you like the layout of the Image Tagger if so i can update it for you so it works alot easier
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4262 on: January 07, 2015, 02:23:26 PM »
i was wondering do you like the layout of the Image Tagger if so i can update it for you so it works alot easier

CW and Dark can tell better than I... I just tagged one or two characters max.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #4263 on: January 07, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »
alrighty then ill wait for thier reply
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4264 on: January 07, 2015, 03:34:39 PM »
Yup, that could work as well.

I outline a problem with filenames just in case: they have to be unique, so tagger should use some kind of index, unique within one folder. Like abcd-pr-l1.jpg, where abcd is an index and pr and l1 are tags of some kind.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #4265 on: January 07, 2015, 03:45:55 PM »
im lost now rofl, please do explain a lil

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4266 on: January 07, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
Yeah, well, windows requires file names to be unique. Let's say we have two profile pictures that should be tagged with the same tag, "pr", with no other tags involved. So if we rename one of them to pr.jpg, windows won't let us to create another pr.jpg.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4267 on: January 07, 2015, 04:01:14 PM »
Yup, that could work as well.

I outline a problem with filenames just in case: they have to be unique, so tagger should use some kind of index, unique within one folder. Like abcd-pr-l1.jpg, where abcd is an index and pr and l1 are tags of some kind.

I am still not entirely sure how it's all useful if the index is random.... we can always go back to json as well by the way and I can add binary "fix" for the database for speed when player has finalized packs for the game.

If we change the filenames, transition from old names to new can get a bit clumsy. Maybe I can come up add a check if the fn system is old or new but it will mean extra check for every file in the game.

Otherwise, I managed to clean up skills (there were serious issues with code), added loading skills from data files and fixed a few serious bugs with hero equipment screen.

In unique girls xml files (we could switch to JSON here as well I suppose, for consistency, maybe add some new options but we can do this at any release and keep support for both xml and json forever if required):

Skills are provided in the same manner as stats, game will know which is which. Obvious difference is that skills are limitless and it is set as pure value and not % of some max.

Random Girls:
Skills can be provided the same as random_stats in random_stats OR new field can be added called random_skills with exactly the same syntax as stats.

There is also a new window to check skills in the girlsprofile, it will only appear in developer mode.
Order there:
1) Action Skill (Practical).
2) Training Skill (Theoretical).
3) True Skill (combination of both with special rule where if action skill exceeds training skill by more than 300%, it will be less effective (while training obviously becomes more effective at that point)) Also multiplier bonus from traits and items can also be applied to this.

I think this is it for tonight unless some small issue can be found that needs fixing.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4268 on: January 07, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
SF Updated:

- Fix to MC Equipment screen.
- Fix to Skills system.
- Skills can be now loaded for characters from their data files.

I forgot to mention that for now, game will turn blowjob stat into oral skill, same for normalsex (--> vaginal).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4269 on: January 07, 2015, 04:07:42 PM »
I never said it should be random. In fact, it's your tagger gives random index, not mine  :D

Skills are provided in the same manner as stats, game will know which is which. Obvious difference is that skills are limitless and it is set as pure value and not % of some max.
Ok, but how can you know what means skill 30 or skill 100? Is it high or low?
With stats we don't have this problem right now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4270 on: January 07, 2015, 04:15:04 PM »
I never said it should be random. In fact, it's your tagger gives random index, not mine  :D

? The whole point of that is that it's random...

Ok, but how can you know what means skill 30 or skill 100? Is it high or low?
With stats we don't have this problem right now.

You play the game and find out, there is no other way. It will depend mostly on that we decide to do with average gameterm (like 1000 days or 3000 days or even more). Basically the general idea is: 1 skillpoint per AP spend training/working. If multiple skills are involved in training or action, they are divided.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4271 on: January 07, 2015, 04:15:34 PM »
No, wait. This is very bad in term of design, without characters editor at least.
You have to remember what is a stat and what is a skill all the time.

Though I could write an editor, it's very simple.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4272 on: January 07, 2015, 04:20:44 PM »
No, wait. This is very bad in term of design, without characters editor at least.
You have to remember what is a stat and what is a skill all the time.

Do you write these files without copy/pasting?

Random girls already have a new field. In xml you can simply separate them. *Refinement is skill a stat, I don't remember if we decided it to become a skill or not.

Code: [Select]
<girl
id="Ino_Yamanaka"
folder="Naruto"
origin ="Naruto"
fullname="Ino Yamanaka"
name="Ino"
race ="Human"
desc="A kunoichi with sensory abilities. Not a strong combatant but able to get in to the mind of her opponents; literally."
charisma="40"
refinement = "10"
libido="30"
constitution="10"
intelligence="45"
exp="0"
joy="40"
character="50"
reputation="0"
health="100"

anal="0"
vaginal="10"
oral="20"
service="50"
strip="50"

attack = '5'
magic = '25'
defence = '5'
agility = '20'
mp = '30'

occupation="Warrior"
location="city"
status="free">

<trait name="Average Boobs" />
<trait name="Hyperactive" />
<trait name="Psychic" />
<trait name="Former Assassin" />
<trait name="Virgin" />
<trait name="Great Figure" />
</girl>
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4273 on: January 07, 2015, 04:28:40 PM »
Yes, we decided to make refinement a skill, you and me both  :)

There won't be xmls. So you propose to use a field like "random_skills": {"refinement": [15, 35]}? And just "skills" in case of unique ones?

? The whole point of that is that it's random...
Pure random still gives a chance of identical indexes. It should have a pattern of some kind.

We also can leave names alone and just add tags to them, but in this case you have to manually make sure that names are not too long and that they cannot be confused with tags.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:33:45 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4274 on: January 07, 2015, 04:39:07 PM »
Yes, we decided to make refinement a skill, you and me both  :)

There won't be xmls. So you propose to use a field like "random_skills": {"refinement": [15, 35]}? And just "skills" it case of unique ones?

Ok, I'll flip it to skills tonight.

It's already done for random girls, we could use the same for unique once but I am not 100% sure if random is what we need for unique.

Pure random still gives a chance of identical indexes. It should have a pattern of some kind.

We also can leave names alone and just add tags to them, but in this case you have to manually make sure that names are not too long and that they cannot be confused with tags.

True... but it's a very small chance. We can always go back to json as well. This file thing is becoming a bit counterproductive. You guys make the decisions since you're making taggers. It's easy to check if chosen random already exists in the folder by the way. Generate a new one in case of a positive.

I don't like the leaving filenames along option...
Like what we're doing?