Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821815 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4320 on: January 11, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »
I think I wasn't perfectly clear though. When I say that addings to action counter should be permanent, I mean cases when you, let's say, equip a maid dress (+5 to knowledge) and then unequip it five seconds later (-5 to knowledge).
I guess there could be cursed miscs that can reduce knowledge (permanently too), but when you do something like that with a normal item via equipping, it is ridiculous.

And I have to know for sure if it's harmless to use negative addings  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4321 on: January 11, 2015, 04:39:28 PM »
I think I wasn't perfectly clear though. When I say that addings to action counter should be permanent, I mean cases when you, let's say, equip a maid dress (+5 to knowledge) and then unequip it five seconds later (-5 to knowledge).
I guess there could be cursed miscs that can reduce knowledge (permanently too), but when you do something like that with a normal item via equipping, it is ridiculous.

And I have to know for sure if it's harmless to use negative addings  ::)

Only consumable/misc with permanent effects should add skill points (to counters). maid dress should not add skill points, it should increase skill multiplier(s)! Game is not setup to handle that and it's not logical, skills are gained over a long time by concept, you are not a better dancer or learn how to dance if you're putting on dance shoes. But you should be able to dance better if you try. At least that is my logic.

Books should prolly be miscs that add effects after some time has passed.

I don't think that negative values are a problem, at least we can make sure that they are not even if they are now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4322 on: January 11, 2015, 06:57:48 PM »
Ok.. so updates:

- Toyed with screen prediction a bit
- CityMap is now being predicted
- Girlslist is now being predicted
- Added a translation dictionary for new tagging system
- Added loading of tags for the new tagging system (Not tested)
- Updated menus to SL2
- Increased image_cache to 80
- Changed picture in the girlslist to portrait instead of profile

**Issues:
After I enabled prediction in girlslist, screen got faster but some issues occurred. With loads of girl, prediction process takes too long and still runs out of memory and even with +/- 35 girls we're maxing out at 750 - 800 MB. There is a reason noone uses images in girlslists I guess, especially not with Ren'Py.

I've flipped images to portraits to try it out for now. Profile pictures work with a normal amount of girls as well, otherwise we'll have to turn off prediction for the that screen of player gathers too many characters or just not use pictures in list at all.

Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4323 on: January 12, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »
I've flipped images to portraits to try it out for now. Profile pictures work with a normal amount of girls as well, otherwise we'll have to turn off prediction for the that screen of player gathers too many characters or just not use pictures in list at all.
In my option, portraits looks too big for current version of the screen with 8 girls, it's kind of waste to have them over profile pics here.
BUT if we make the panels smaller and fit more of girls in one page (may be reasonable anyway), then portraits would be really great here. I would like to avoid having just names if we can... Many games use a downsized versions of pictures just for these lists, maybe we could also do it with portraits?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:53:56 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4324 on: January 12, 2015, 09:14:15 AM »
In my option, portraits looks too big for current version of the screen with 8 girls, it's kind of waste to have them over profile pics here.
BUT if we make the panels smaller and fit more of girls in one page (may be reasonable anyway), then portraits would be really great here. I would like to avoid having just names if we can... Many games use a downsized versions of pictures just for these lists, maybe we could also do it with portraits?

I'll take a look tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4325 on: January 12, 2015, 10:05:33 AM »
After you try to talk with a girl in brothel, music disappears forever until you visit some other location.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4326 on: January 12, 2015, 10:15:25 AM »
After you try to talk with a girl in brothel, music disappears forever until you visit some other location.

Bug...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4327 on: January 12, 2015, 10:24:31 AM »
How is it possible for a brothel to have -5 free rooms from 25? If it means that there are not enough rooms for everyone, it's still confusing.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4328 on: January 12, 2015, 10:26:02 AM »
How is it possible for a brothel to have -5 free rooms from 25? If it means that there are not enough rooms for everyone, it's still confusing.

It's an unrealistic scenario that cannot occur during gameplay. This happens because we overwrote normal operation for testing purposes (developer mode).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4329 on: January 12, 2015, 02:15:42 PM »
Do skills multipliers have min cap?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4330 on: January 12, 2015, 03:03:34 PM »
Do skills multipliers have min cap?

Not right now they don't.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4331 on: January 12, 2015, 03:42:13 PM »
I'm not sure, do we have a separate strip skill, or dancing only?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4332 on: January 12, 2015, 03:43:44 PM »
I'm not sure, do we have a separate strip skill, or dancing only?

We have both.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4333 on: January 13, 2015, 04:24:22 AM »
I'd say we need a min multiplier cap about 0.3, just in case.

Another question.
Let's say we have two items, both with training multiplier 0.5. We equip both, thus we have multiplier 2 that will be capped at 1.5. How many items with training multiplier -0.5 you have to equip after that to have multiplier 1 again, 1 or 2?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4334 on: January 13, 2015, 05:16:12 AM »
I'd say we need a min multiplier cap about 0.3, just in case.

Another question.
Let's say we have two items, both with training multiplier 0.5. We equip both, thus we have multiplier 2 that will be capped at 1.5. How many items with training multiplier -0.5 you have to equip after that to have multiplier 1 again, 1 or 2?

Like what we're doing?