Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821467 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4500 on: March 24, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
We need to do something about slave training items... There are harnesses in body slot, meaning no clothes when they are used.

I pused new body json. After your last push if you equip and unequip Short Kimono (removes Clumsy trait), you will get Clumsy trait.
Moreover, you can have clumsy and elegant at the same time. Something is very wrong there.

I'll take a look... trying to switch to your new packs, lots of girls are missing from Naruto, Kurenai for once I used for testing as well, was that intentional?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4501 on: March 24, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »
Yup. Our standards are higher now than in the beginning 3 years ago. We need a certain type of sprite and at least 3 portraits. And ideally there should be profile pictures for various emotions.
Some minor characters, like Kurenai, don't have suitable pics even for that.

Can't be helped, unless you want the character no matter what.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:03:11 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4502 on: March 24, 2015, 02:04:34 PM »
Yup. Our standards are higher now than in the beginning 3 years ago. We need a certain type of sprite and at least 3 portraits. And ideally there should be profile pictures for various emotions.
Some minor characters, like Kurenai, don't have suitable pics even for that.

Can't be helped, unless you want the character no matter what.

I'd prefer Naruto pack to stay the same... but it doesn't matter right now, I am going to take a look at what's happening with traits and try to fix it tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4503 on: March 24, 2015, 02:25:27 PM »
Oh, it's impossible. Kurenai is not the worst case, there are even more minor characters like Mei or Tayuya who absolutely don't have enough pictures to work properly unless we will hire an artist.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4504 on: March 24, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »
Oh, it's impossible. Kurenai is not the worst case, there are even more minor characters like Mei or Tayuya who absolutely don't have enough pictures to work properly unless we will hire an artist.

Doesn't matter... that's the least of my worries. Traits should be fixed now, still needs testing before I kill old commented out code. I am too tired to work on BE tonight, prolly going to take a look at items code and see if some much needed improvement can be made to it's quality.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:20:57 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4505 on: March 24, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »
Ok, so I've updated items code quite a bit, prolly needs a bit of testing but it's a lot cleaner now, new stuff will be easier to add in the future.

There are a lot of errors with the new girls files, for once I have not yet added skills application from girlsfiles. You've also came up with a couple of skills that we do not have in the game but they make sense so I'll add them later. We'll prolly have to review json files before release anyway so don't do anything now but this: "luck": 60, (Nami) is too much, luck ranges from -50 to 50, she'll have a very considerable advantage...

===   

Code: [Select]
"id": "Bokukko",
    "desc": "Confident, competitive and boyish personality, also known as a tomboy.",
    "mod": {"constitution": 100, "refinement": -100, "upkeep": 5},

We've agreed to move refinement to skills.

Going to get some sleep...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:10:39 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4506 on: March 25, 2015, 01:03:20 PM »
We decided what skills to add for the next release together, it's not like I just added them out of nowhere  :)

And I figured that by now we already have normalization for girls stats (like luck) in jsons. Btw we still cannot set many things for girls, like level, so girls jsons review is needed for sure. That's why I uploaded them to dropbox, separately from pictures.

We've agreed to move refinement to skills.
Yup, I wrote that file before we had fields for skills, even before we had a list of skills. I'll rewrite it after items.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4507 on: March 25, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »

Noted.

And I figured that by now we already have normalization for girls stats (like luck) in jsons.

We have normalization for a bunch of things but luck is being applied at face value, rest of stats as percentage with max taken as 100% and skills with perfect learning/action ratios. At least that's how these things are meant to be applied. Health/MP/Fatigue will be set to their respective "perfect values" (max/min) accordingly.

I had a decent idea on how to code a tracking class for skills/traits, I'll prolly fall asleep tonight but I'll try to try coding it tomorrow morning before work, we might get a very decent BE skills and traits tracking out of it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4508 on: March 26, 2015, 03:57:35 AM »
Ok, time to do something about libido concept, even as a placeholder without deep coding.

There are items, mostly consumables, that are clearly supposed to rise libido, ie making character horny. Increasing sex skills multipliers is not the same thing, though it helps.
I suggest to add an effect, like Aroused or Horny, that will serve as a flag instead of high libido stat.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4509 on: March 26, 2015, 05:03:25 AM »
Ok, time to do something about libido concept, even as a placeholder without deep coding.

There are items, mostly consumables, that are clearly supposed to rise libido, ie making character horny. Increasing sex skills multipliers is not the same thing, though it helps.
I suggest to add an effect, like Aroused or Horny, that will serve as a flag instead of high libido stat.

I think we'll rename it in the future, effects we can add based of stat value later. It's impossible to make this decision before we know how the interactions between characters will work or interactions system between MC and characters is unified.

We'll have to simplify and recode a lot of stuff to make the game development manageable I expect, but how is impossible to guess atm.

Right now I am going to try and turn that idea that I had yesterday into code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4510 on: March 26, 2015, 05:56:44 AM »
We'll have to simplify and recode a lot of stuff to make the game development manageable I expect, but how is impossible to guess atm.
Um, like what? I'd say we cannot afford EE without random maps generator, and  interactions with MC should be based on main personality (I'll rewrite interactions file after items too). I don't think it's possible to simplify something else right now  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4511 on: March 26, 2015, 06:50:23 AM »
Um, like what? I'd say we cannot afford EE without random maps generator

Depends on type of EE, in some option rmg might not be possible or too difficult. It can be compensated by random events/encounters in many cases, it will mainly depend on the format.

and  interactions with MC should be based on main personality (I'll rewrite interactions file after items too). I don't think it's possible to simplify something else right now  :)

Maybe simplefy is not exactly the right word but we need to redo brothels, create a class/function with characters responses to proposals and etc.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4512 on: March 26, 2015, 07:45:42 AM »
Can't you just take the code from Alkion? I have an impression that there will be rmg.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4513 on: March 26, 2015, 08:24:57 AM »
Can't you just take the code from Alkion? I have an impression that there will be rmg.

I could but I am not sure that I like those dungeons. Do you?

+ We are not likely to add EE before next release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4514 on: March 26, 2015, 10:24:59 AM »
Well, either we use rmg or stick to SE without EE of any kind. I don't believe that we can use other engines, they look even more complicated.