Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821663 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4815 on: May 31, 2015, 10:32:16 AM »
Most unique girls have unique clothes with multiple examples, so you don't have to design them. But some don't, not to mention random characters.
If it won't be too difficult to find clothes in neptunia resources and port some of them, it might be a good solution.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4816 on: May 31, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »
Miko is done.. but the Yukata base is not a real Yukata.. its the Yukata short top with opened miko skirt ( purple ) and stockings+boots..

Should i make 1 real Yukata and that mix of the 2 ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4817 on: May 31, 2015, 07:04:51 PM »
I do hope you guys are still talking about random girls? :D

The greats potential value I see in 3D renders is a base for 10 - 15 new Random Girls. Maybe it's possible to standardize creation somehow... Sprites for EE/BE is the second option but that's prolly too big of a project atm.

Unless you have different ideas?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4818 on: June 01, 2015, 01:15:20 AM »
In theory, some of existing unique packs could use more pictures as well.

But yeah, first of all it should solve that problem with random packs when some people don't like that it's not the same character, but several ones similar to each other.
And those who don't have such a problem will be able to use both types of packs. Everybody wins.

Miko is done.. but the Yukata base is not a real Yukata.. its the Yukata short top with opened miko skirt ( purple ) and stockings+boots..
I'm afraid I don't know much about yukatas  :)
It should be a normal yukata.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:47:05 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4819 on: June 01, 2015, 04:49:43 AM »
After I bumped into doubles in my old packs, I found an awesome software that can search for similar and identical images. Can't believe I never thought about it before  :)

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4820 on: June 01, 2015, 07:14:20 AM »
After I bumped into doubles in my old packs, I found an awesome software that can search for similar and identical images. Can't believe I never thought about it before  :)
I'm also using awesome software for that, "Awesome Photo Finder"  :D is that it?

I rettaged few more girls, but two big packs are still not yet updated, it totally suck that it's taking me so long...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:17:06 AM by CherryWood »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4821 on: June 01, 2015, 08:13:56 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/5vEQsBOr/

Miko test.. by far the most annoying to make.. i did not adjust the lights but you should see the dress detail.. and let me know if its ok.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4822 on: June 01, 2015, 08:57:07 AM »
We made a mistake btw when decided to use knee-height sprites. Not a fatal one but still :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4823 on: June 01, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »
Well, I suppose full sprites could be more useful, but knee height sprites are much easier to find. Very rare I have to cut full sprites, usually pictures are already have been cut by the artist.

you should see the dress detail.. and let me know if its ok.
That website is down, and not only for me. I'll try to take a look later.

I'm also using awesome software for that, "Awesome Photo Finder"  :D is that it?
The first one that I found in google was visipics  :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:05:08 AM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4824 on: June 01, 2015, 02:39:36 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/w8nqAx4N/

Other samples with no pose to see clothing.. i still need to make ninja shoes and about ninja clothes its a variant from the picture you gave me but i could use the original as well..

I need to work more on normal maps/textures to give a better cloth effect but im progressing..

Also all is from a base model and everything will follow morphs like if i want big boobs i just increase boobs size and clothes will still fit like it was made for it so i saves lots of time adapting to different body.. that way i only need to make 1 outfit with variant and everytime we want randomness on hair/face/body it will still work with no rework to do at all.. lol

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4825 on: June 01, 2015, 10:50:13 PM »
Ok... so I pushed a very early version of new professional (classes/subclasses in the game and base traits in the code) traits system. I expect that old testing.rpy files will throw error so either delete your files or delete erroneous code blocks. My own new testing file attached.

With changes over this many files, I strongly suggest deleting all .rpyc files or clicking Force Recompile button (same thing).

Random girls are created completely differently now but fields remain the same, how we're going to handle them city-mechanics when we have them is an open topic for discussion.

===
Short explanation on how new system works:

*Basetraits are a special group of traits that offer very powerful bonuses. They are the classes like "Warrior", "Mage", "Service", "Stripper", "Anal Whore", "Cook", "Alchemist", "Ninja", "Manager" and etc. Those very powerful bonuses are applied ONLY for two of those traits!

So the system looks like this:

*[Class] - FULL MEGA BONUSES APPLIED
*[Class or Subclass]  - FULL MEGA BONUSES APPLIED
*This group can only be applied WHEN THE CHARACTER IS FIRST CREATED! If there is only one, MEGA BONUSES are doubled.

[Subclass] - Normal application
*This group can be applied at any time, these traits can also be lost.

Simple Examples:

*[Service]
*[Stripper]

[Bartender]
[Cook]
[Belly Dancer]
[Pole Dancer]

====
*[Mage]

[Explorer]
[Alchemist]

====
*[Mage]
*[Alchemist]

====
*[Warrior]

[SwordMaster]
[Explorer]
[WarVeteran]

And so on. ATM we obviously have too few jobs, buildings and content but the system was made future proof because I am sick of rewriting the same thing over and over.

Our initial plan where any basetrait could be a Class or Subclass trait was not acceptable because Characters could have ended up with 6 different professions...

New fields:

Code: [Select]
"occupations": []
This is for internal use, options are: # So far I came up with SIW (Sex Industry worker), Server (All servicegirl jobs), Warrior... Usually used for sorting girls and checking if they are willing to do jobs. This might be updated/expanded.

"higher_tiers": [] This is for SubClasses, should contain main class(es). Like Mage would be a main class for Alchemist.

We'll need to give this new system a test, there are also many discussion points and decisions to be made (mainly for me... rest of the code needs to be adapted to this). I think rest of the traits code is documented already, this is how traits code is looking atm:

class Trait(_object):
        def __init__(self):
            self.desc = ''
            self.icon = None
            self.hidden = False
            self.mod = dict()
            self.max = dict()
            self.min = dict()
            self.blocks = list()
            self.effects = list()

# Occupations related:
            self.occupations = list() # So far I came up with SIW (Sex Industry worker), Server, Warrior...
            self.higher_tiers = list() # Required higher tier basetraits to enable this trait.

self.sex = "female" # Untill we set this up in traits: this should be "unisex" by default.

# Types:
            self.type = "" # Specific type if specified.
            self.basetrait = False
            self.personality = False
            self.race = False
            self.breasts = False
            self.body = False
            self.elemental = False

self.add_beskills = list()

# Elemental:
            self.font_color = None
            self.resist = list()
            self.el_name = ""
            self.el_absorbs = dict() # Pure ratio, NOT a modificator to a multiplier like for dicts below.
            self.el_damage = dict()
            self.el_defence = dict()
            self.el_special = dict()

# Weaponfocus:
            self.we_damage = dict()
            self.we_defence = dict()
            self.we_special = dict()

# Base mods on init:
            self.init_mod = dict() # Mod value setting
            self.init_lvlmax = dict() # Mod value setting
            self.init_max = dict() # Mod value setting
            self.init_skills = dict() # {skill: [actions, training]}

self.leveling_stats = dict() # {stat: [lvl_max, max **as mod values]}

========
Girls will be normalized to have at least one Class, both Random and Unique.

New random girls can be created simply with:

build_rc() function. Extra parameters are:

def build_rc(id=None, name=None, last_name=None, pattern=None, level=1, add_to_gameworld=True):
        '''
        Creates a random character!
        id: id to choose from the rchar dictionary that holds rGirl loading data from JSON files, will be chosen at random if none availible.
        name: (String) Name for a girl to use. If None one will be chosen from randomNames file!
        last_name: Same thing only for last name :)
        pattern: Pattern to use when creating the character! (Options atm: Warrior, ServiceGirl, Prostitute, Stripper) If None, we use data or normalize in init()
        level: Level of the character...
        add_to_gameworld: Adds to characters dictionary, should always be True unless character is created not to participate in the game world...
        '''

We will now only maintain 200 names/full names at the same time in game memory, if we run out, another 200 will be loaded. Savefile size is down by almost 300kb...

I'll try to write similar function to build_rc for mobs tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4826 on: June 01, 2015, 11:00:58 PM »
**PS: Skill for basetraits are not functioning properly (yet). I'll fix that later this week, I've been mostly testing with Warrior and Mage who do not have skills and only modify stats.

Some simple traits can be found in traits_test.json or something like that. Right now only Mage and Warrior do useful stuff, rest is just for decor/in game checks.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4827 on: June 02, 2015, 02:49:25 AM »
You had a typo that prevented launching that I (hopefully correctly) fixed and pushed.

So the difference between class and subclass is that a girl can get a class only is the beginning, as a part of permanent group?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4828 on: June 02, 2015, 04:19:40 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/tlddLomu/

Ninja with custom shoes from original.. now my question is should i make stockings above the knee like original or a sock below the knee ? ( would be closer to reference picture i based the model on )

i did not adjust lights so its like before to compare.. but i adjusted normal maps for clothing effect

oops messed hair fit on new model.. this can be fixed with 1 click so not gona spend time on it.. ill work on other clothes first
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:23:02 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4829 on: June 02, 2015, 05:32:49 AM »
So the difference between class and subclass is that a girl can get a class only is the beginning, as a part of permanent group?

Yes. Pure class trait (that has no "higher_tiers" at all) cannot be applied while playing the game. I made a mistake in my original post btw, a character can start with two subclasses locked, there is and should not be anything preventing that. Do note that Subclasses CAN have "higher_tiers" leading to other Subclasses, for example:

*Mage --> Alchemist --> PotionMaster/Enchanter

*Service --> Waitress -->
*SIW -->                     --> SleasyWaitress

I think it will be a solid system in the end... I am also thinking about subscriptions for class traits, it's like you've said: Shinigami or Samurai for example can simply be considered Warriors, so we will prolly allow something like:

{"id": "Samurai",
  "desc": "Unique description for Samurai",
  "is_trait": "Warrior"
}

If is_trait is present, trait will have unique name but the same logic as Warrior internally.

The idea is to allow create characters that have unique feeling to them...

**Your fix was correct. I'll try to make the skills work today + write a function to load Mobs in the new format. There is so much work still to be done, it's scary... but hopefully once done, we will be able to add interesting content at quicker pace. We'll also have to make some sacrifices in logic, some parts of the game are overcomplicated, we'll have to come up with simpler approaches if we are to add more interesting logic.
Like what we're doing?