Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821557 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4890 on: June 05, 2015, 11:56:59 AM »
@Dark:
When testing, especially if you're going to train character in schools, please note that skills system is messed up there right now. I've fixed it in my version but it's a part of file that if upload right now would kill any chance of testing anything at all :) *So I cannot push the fix.

Weird... according to code, any job except FG should mess skills up (it may not be noticeable at low levels, maybe noone tested high skills yet)... either noone tested it for a while or there is something I am missing.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4891 on: June 05, 2015, 01:02:19 PM »
Weird... according to code, any job except FG should mess skills up (it may not be noticeable at low levels, maybe noone tested high skills yet)... either noone tested it for a while or there is something I am missing.
I tested skills a month ago when I made new schools. There wasn't any abnormalities during training.
Since I knew that we gonna rewrite jobs, I didn't bother with testing skills at jobs.

But since noone seemed interested except for me, I abandoned the concept.
I think I'm the most experienced player in the dev team, when we talk about non hentai/VN games at least.
I've seen dozens ways to make BEs like our current one more complex, deep and interesting. Trpg BE simply cannot use so many features due to its simpler nature. And the only thing it can do better, generate and use random maps, is very difficult to code.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4892 on: June 05, 2015, 01:11:53 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/tiKdGSPa/

69FM test

and about skill.. if i want to see them in the game i get error msg.. and before my recent update the skill would reset to 0 if i train it either by using trainers or doing it myself ( interactions )

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4893 on: June 05, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »
before my recent update the skill would reset to 0 if i train it either by using trainers or doing it myself ( interactions )

This part makes sense.

and about skill.. if i want to see them in the game i get error msg..

This does not...

69FM test

Looks perfectly fine, maybe the hair are a bit too shiny.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #4894 on: June 05, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
I like the hair  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4895 on: June 05, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »
I like the hair  :)

So do I :)

Trying to come up with a good loop for jobs right now... Also changed how the Jobs/Building are handled by the game. It'll be a slow process to update everything...
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4896 on: June 05, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/yRiZN2Pi/

Hmm is it alright if we see the bottom half of the face ? ( to see the possible evil smile.. )
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:22:47 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4897 on: June 05, 2015, 03:40:17 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/yRiZN2Pi/

Hmm is it alright if we see the bottom half of the face ? ( to see the possible evil smile.. )

Just show the full face pls, we may want to put it infront of some BG at some point. It's ok, I shouldn't have mentioned the other girl thing :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4898 on: June 06, 2015, 03:55:54 AM »
Yes.. after all those are only poses tests no light effects/clothing/BG.. once i cover all the base action poses Dark provided me we will have to decide on those.. or ill just use whats in the original picture..

The good thing is even after the render i could decide at any time to add any clothing/accessory ( even new one ill make ) and they will adapt to the body on that pose.. so as long as the pose is right i can do all from that point ( naked first then with any clothing/accessory/light effect/BG/camera angle or focus on that pose that i want )
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:06:00 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4899 on: June 06, 2015, 04:31:04 AM »
I have doubts about sex skills. Things like handjob/footjob are not compatible with anal/oral/vaginal skills set, on the other hand we cannot guarantee that every pack has them.
Perhaps we could rename oral somehow to include everything there...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:32:49 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4900 on: June 06, 2015, 05:26:05 AM »
Wait a sec. Don't occupation and type fields do the same thing? Warrior class has warrior occupation and combat type, prostitute class has SIW occupation and sex type.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4901 on: June 06, 2015, 06:06:25 AM »
I have doubts about sex skills. Things like handjob/footjob are not compatible with anal/oral/vaginal skills set, on the other hand we cannot guarantee that every pack has them.
Perhaps we could rename oral somehow to include everything there...

We could add a more general sex skill as well, and use just that for those and sex+specific where appropriate... or add them as skills that will be of a limited use for some characters OR like you said, rename the skill (but to what?).

Wait a sec. Don't occupation and type fields do the same thing? Warrior class has warrior occupation and combat type, prostitute class has SIW occupation and sex type.

Yeap, I think we can get rid of type (we may need more than one in some cases), I just need to make a mental note to check code for it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4902 on: June 06, 2015, 06:15:49 AM »
Just show the full face pls, we may want to put it infront of some BG at some point. It's ok, I shouldn't have mentioned the other girl thing :)

About that.. with scene with 2 girls of 1 unique.. the other can be a random one thats not even in a random pack.. as i got :

front hairs 68++
Back hairs 73++
side hairs 19++

and expanding..

As for the face a little prebuild morph and she would be totally different.. (custom one takes lots of time but that to make the unique girls )

whats missing is the eyes color/design.. if you find good eyes design i could use that would be helpful.. from a base i could switch the color on the fly but need a good base for that.. ( the ones from pictures have angle/things in the way ) and since im not good with 2D its best if i find pre made samples of eyes
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 06:21:16 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4903 on: June 06, 2015, 06:40:42 AM »
Does anyone has ideas/requests for Building/Jobs logic btw? I have parts of that down already so if there is something, lets hear it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4904 on: June 06, 2015, 07:12:45 AM »
Does anyone has ideas/requests for Building/Jobs logic btw? I have parts of that down already so if there is something, lets hear it.

I liked the idea where you needed resources/ time to build upgrades..

Gathering resources:

1. maybe use your AP to chop wook or use pick axe on rocks.. and so on
2. buy it with your $$
3. pay someone to get them for you like someone you can manage and that his job will be set for that ( and could gain xp/skill doing so improving the gathering rate and so on.. )

Building the upgrades:

same as above but for building them

For jobs:
i like the class/subclass system with skill related to it .. and as long as there are lvlups with benefits im ok with that..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:22:23 AM by lamoli »