Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821752 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5055 on: June 25, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »
I see, it was still a bit weird but it could be something in test-battle setup code as well.

We need to do something about sprites placement as well. Right now mobs and characters are being positioned by pos (top left corner) which looks weird with some monsters and very misplaced when fighting different kinds of monsters.

We can either agree on some rules, placing all mobs/battle-sprites (for example) in a 250x250 area and leaving some space in all images empty. That would be easier to understand on userlevel but prolly harder to work with. Other good option is to position them differently somehow and maybe correct their placing in JSONs if needs be.

===
Does anyone actually play the game atm? Would it be ok for me to temporarily break the jobs with a push (1 - 2 weeks max, they'll be fixed by then)?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5056 on: June 25, 2015, 11:43:52 AM »
I'm afraid we will need more than that. Different mobs obviously have different size. Like goblin and dragon. We might need 3 sizes, like girls already have.
Top left corner is a bad idea anyway, it should be bottom one.

I mostly use the game to test packs, and I'll need about 2 weeks after mobs will be done to finish another one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5057 on: June 25, 2015, 01:35:21 PM »
I'm afraid we will need more than that. Different mobs obviously have different size. Like goblin and dragon. We might need 3 sizes, like girls already have.
Top left corner is a bad idea anyway, it should be bottom one.

I mostly use the game to test packs, and I'll need about 2 weeks after mobs will be done to finish another one.

Top-Left is Ren'Pys default when positioning thing, anchor changes that setting.

Problem is that there are not just different sizes, there are also different relative positions, like you would want slime to appear on the ground and bats hovering in air. Different sizes I don't even know how to approach without special battle scenarios which are prolly the correct way to handle them. So larger than normal mobs might never be handled automatically.

Couple of things broke after my last pull, not sure why yet, going to take a look at that tonight if time permits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5058 on: June 26, 2015, 05:12:03 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/T9pBLoDY/

Changed light source positions.. reduced noise ( as lighting generate even more noise ) and tryed the Kasumi DoA5 hair render style.

Dunno if its good.. ( you can see that the hair that did not touch shoulder fell down or bended with gravity but half way.. it looks bad.. lol ).. well i can correct that by hand but let it as it was for now.

And for those kind of hair takes time to customize to something special like ( Sakura hair )

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5059 on: June 27, 2015, 02:15:47 AM »
I like them both, the new render might be better for random girls, uniques will prolly look better with the old one because their hair is rarely so detailed in sources.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5060 on: June 27, 2015, 08:27:29 AM »
Here are examples for ST actions. I didn't included rape scenes, since they are the same as usual ones, but with girls sad/crying/angry.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5061 on: June 28, 2015, 10:06:46 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/tMifsxzE/

Hmm i guess.. who it is.. ( only preview no real render to check things out )

Might need to lower back-top hair and make the back-bottom layer 1/2 more wild..

Let me know if something need to be changer before i make a morph out of it.. ( only face/hair matters body will be trashed )

Of course end result shape will be the same but with more realistic nose/mouth ( more like base Sakura ) skin will be closer to latest Sakura as well

Edit:
Hmm face is too round ( like younger version of her ) might need to stretch it
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:17:32 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5062 on: June 28, 2015, 10:19:27 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/tMifsxzE/

Hmm i guess.. who it is.. ( only preview no real render to check things out )

Might need to lower back-top hair and make the back-bottom layer 1/2 more wild..

Let me know if something need to be changer before i make a morph out of it.. ( only face/hair matters body will be trashed )

Of course end result shape will be the same but with more realistic nose/mouth ( more like base Sakura ) skin will be closer to latest Sakura as well

Edit:
Hmm face is too round ( like younger version of her ) might need to stretch it

I don't know who the girl is but it's a good render.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5063 on: June 28, 2015, 10:35:29 AM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/KxhTxRXT/

Ooops forgot that preview are more flat than real renders.. ( they are closer to ortho view.. its not big but its there and depends on focal angle )

Muv Luv Takamura Yui..

I might try the others like (Barchenowa Cryska) laters after the C.C i got as base for the face type i need for (Busujima Saeko)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:37:03 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5064 on: June 28, 2015, 01:49:24 PM »
Finally finished with mobs. Now I'll rename basic spells to FF ones, add alternative names for them, add a couple basic attacks like bite for example, and set all this to mobs. Still will take much less time than full rewriting that I just did.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:29:05 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5065 on: June 30, 2015, 08:15:08 AM »
Part 1 is done. I added more base attacks and made pictures for all existing attacks (those pictures of hitting that appear and slowly disappear when you attack).
Also restored FF names for base spells. Screw it, I rather add more new spells than waste my imagination to come up with alternative names for weakest spells in the game.

I know that sounds for new attacks need editing, I don't have that software on my laptop so I'll do it later at home.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5066 on: June 30, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »
Part 1 is done. I added more base attacks and made pictures for all existing attacks (those pictures of hitting that appear and slowly disappear when you attack).
Also restored FF names for base spells. Screw it, I rather add more new spells than waste my imagination to come up with alternative names for weakest spells in the game.

I know that sounds for new attacks need editing, I don't have that software on my laptop so I'll do it later at home.

Yeah, I like the new names a lot better, I also fixed tiny upkeep bug and killed some mobs in the arena, it's a lot more fun than before. There are some glitches in be (delays), I kinda expected them before but they never appeared, guess modern Ren'Py versions have better pause handling (I expected that added pauses cause them).

Anyway, we'll kill all of those when we get back to be code/structure, content seems appropriate for the next release.

Every time I add something to new loop in the jobs, 3 new things need to be fixed and one needs to be coded on. It'll take a bit longer still...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5067 on: July 01, 2015, 09:32:13 AM »
And part 2 done. Mobs have suitable attacks and spells, sounds for basic attacks have been edited.

I suppose it means back to packs and cutscenes, nothing else I can do at this point. I'll need to set new attacks types to some weapons though, but it's a matter of two minutes.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5068 on: July 03, 2015, 06:43:19 AM »
I finished the modeling/pose-able chain that is affected by physics ( need to script it to get it done faster )

I got a good rope that i can bend how i like ( no physics on that one.. )

Can anyone provide me with BDSM rope knot types?...

Edit:
Maybe 1 of you know how to .py script for blender ?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:02:48 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5069 on: July 03, 2015, 06:56:08 AM »
No, but I could try and find out...
Like what we're doing?