devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821880 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5070 on: July 03, 2015, 10:49:53 AM »
Can anyone provide me with BDSM rope knot types?...
I can only propose to google "BDSM rope knot types"  :)
I tried, there are plenty of results and pictures. Like this one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5071 on: July 08, 2015, 10:15:40 AM »
I've updated SF:
- Jobs are broken atm.
- Loads of code restructuring
- Loads of smaller updates/Fixes

*It's getting harder to exchange code without repo as Gismo updates the interface and needs codebits from my end so I decided to break jobs at the repo for now. Nothing will throw errors but the only jobs available atm are rest and testjob that report to all reports instead of buildings. Fighter Guild Jobs should still work assuming girls can be set to their values.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5072 on: July 08, 2015, 01:08:46 PM »
Tagger update time!  :)

- Text field that shows full name of the currently selected file is read only now. Less messy this way.
- The field is also updates itself now when you rename the picture, not only when you select it.
- File list now resizes too with application window to show more pictures names. Only height though, resizing width with all that gui next to it is very long and boring process. That's why I added the text box with file name in the first place, so even if name is too long for file list you still can see it.
- Added Up and Down buttons as another quick way to change the current picture during tagging. Sometimes you have only one hand available, so you cannot use keyboard and mouse at the same time (like when you eat  ::) ).

I suppose the tagger could use an optional ini file with settings like default window height and width, path to image editor to open for editing the current picture when needed, and so on. I'll add something like this another time.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5073 on: July 08, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »
Your time may prolly be better spent on content than on packs, but it's your call :)

Eliont coded a new battle system for Alkion he called Alkion raiders, it's a lot better than the old one. I threw it in my DB if you want to take a look.

*PyTFalls .rpyc files (after my last push) need to be destroyed before a game can be launched due to too many changes to code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5074 on: July 08, 2015, 02:11:45 PM »
Improving tagger =/= packs making. Besides, I can't think of any possible new content except cutscenes at this point of coding. I can add items and traits indefinitely, but it's no better than making packs.

That new BE looks very good. That's almost exactly how I imagined SE+BE combined into one system as first person view+random maze in the beginning of the project, when we tried forest exploration. And those characters skills are what I want in our BE too.
Things look wierd during combat without a battle background though, but it's easy to change. Moving visible enemies at the map is controversial decision which leads to much more coding (compared to FF-style encounters) with no real value except hide-and-seek stuff.

Of course we cannot abandon our SE, it makes all warriors useful, not only those ones in your personal exploration team.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5075 on: July 08, 2015, 02:46:11 PM »
I like BE more than the card thing but exploration gets really tedious VERY, VERY fast. We can expand skills (even to that point I expects) but I like our system better.

Improving tagger =/= packs making. Besides, I can't think of any possible new content except cutscenes at this point of coding. I can add items and traits indefinitely, but it's no better than making packs.

You could take another look and recheck all girlsmeets, some crash the game atm, you could put some time into MC Setup, now that we have traits and know what the next release is going to be like more or less. Loads of room for creativity there.

You could try to figure out what we gonna do about the SE, Gismo created new interface but that demands ungodly amounts of new logic and content... maybe some middlegound can be reached.

You could create a couple events and/or quests or keep on working on storylines.

Loads of stuff to be done...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #5076 on: July 08, 2015, 04:31:38 PM »
New settings screen )  As usual, not the final version.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5077 on: July 09, 2015, 03:42:23 AM »
I've put together a short video with some of the latest features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VowPkYSq_6k&feature=youtu.be
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5078 on: July 09, 2015, 05:19:44 AM »
I really could use actual bugs reports for a change instead of vague "some things there crashed the game"  :D
Many GMs were made not by me, but by Cherry, you and even other coders, like rts function. Especially rts function, since it works with both traits and occupations. Anything based on occupations must be one big crash now, when you rewrite classes stuff. I can fix checks, but not functions.

Also, if strings like
        if dice(int(round(hero.charisma*0.5))):
            $ chr.refinement += 1
are not supposed to work after refinement became skill, then crashes are not surprising.

About storyline, I wanted to move along our previous agreement about time temple, time magic resurrection and stuff. But it's pointless after you decided to remove it from the game, so I am at a loss how to build the story now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5079 on: July 09, 2015, 08:24:43 AM »
I really could use actual bugs reports for a change instead of vague "some things there crashed the game"  :D
Many GMs were made not by me, but by Cherry, you and even other coders, like rts function. Especially rts function, since it works with both traits and occupations. Anything based on occupations must be one big crash now, when you rewrite classes stuff. I can fix checks, but not functions.

Ghm, I'll take a look at that myself when I get a change, I don't recall rtc func to do anything with occupations.

Also, if strings likeare not supposed to work after refinement became skill, then crashes are not surprising.

Sure it will... chr.refinement += 1 and/or chr.Refinement += 1 are the only correct ways to modify skills, effect may not be the same as you would prolly want to increase both refinements but it should not result in an error at all.

About storyline, I wanted to move along our previous agreement about time temple, time magic resurrection and stuff. But it's pointless after you decided to remove it from the game, so I am at a loss how to build the story now.

You could always add the temple itself as a location/make this something unique instead of a common part of the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5080 on: July 09, 2015, 09:04:48 AM »
BTW:

My old mega account may not have been banned due to violations of copyrights, now they say it was due to excess traffic/storage and to contact their support... but I have a new account now anyway.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5081 on: July 09, 2015, 12:25:56 PM »
I'm looking at made not by me parts of girlmeets now, and I see many occupations checks. I suppose we need to replace them based on "occupations" field that every class trait has. Mostly there used lines like
elif co("Prostitute"):
so you could just rewrite that co function to work differently. Rts function uses co function too, so we only need a new co, I believe.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5082 on: July 09, 2015, 01:08:05 PM »
I'm looking at made not by me parts of girlmeets now, and I see many occupations checks. I suppose we need to replace them based on "occupations" field that every class trait has. Mostly there used lines like so you could just rewrite that co function to work differently. Rts function uses co function too, so we only need a new co, I believe.

Ah ok, I'll do that tonight if time permits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5083 on: July 09, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »
I'll push tomorrow, all of the interactions functions are broken... they don't throw error because they always return False or None. This is due to the updated traits code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5084 on: July 09, 2015, 05:14:11 PM »
Ok, I think they should now work. Recheck girlsmeets when you get a chance, there are traits which you killed off there for example. Now they should cause crashes with key errors.
Like what we're doing?