devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821621 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5220 on: July 23, 2015, 05:13:33 PM »
Elaborate? Not sure how you can elaborate something like that  :D
There are buttons in screen rpy that are tied to labels in interactions rpy. There should be option to give conditions for them, pretty much like you can do it for menus.I don't really see any other way. I cannot use checks in interactions the way that hire for sex option will not look out of place for managers. So it simply should be hidden for everyone but SIWs.

Yeah, it's late so I guess I am a bit slow :) Please start an issue on this, I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Edit: Thewlis took care of this.

===
Alpha code for friends is ready:

Code: [Select]
set_friends(hero, char["Hinata"], char["Sakura"])
Will set them as friends.

end_friends(hero, char["Sakura"])
Will end the relationship.
check_friends(hero, char["Hinata"])
will check if there is a valid relationship.

===
For Interactions module, it is obviously:
set_lovers(hero, chr)
and etc.

Will work on any amount of characters. Also if disposition between any character and mc will be terminated if disposition falls too low during the next day. I cannot do that for inter-characters relationships because we do not maintain dispositions between different characters, just between characters and mc.

I am not sure how to handle lesbo thing, there are too many variables involved :( Like if the other girl is doing an exploration run, if she is available otherwise, if she is in the same building (or mc and chr would have to have mental power in order to find any of the girls in the city/world) and etc...

We need to narrow this down somehow, I am not sure how (yet). Going to push and switch to laptop, if I have any strength left, will do something else. Otherwise it's the last push and tis been a good day :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:19:06 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5221 on: July 23, 2015, 07:18:15 PM »
Elaborate? Not sure how you can elaborate something like that  :D
There are buttons in screen rpy that are tied to labels in interactions rpy. There should be option to give conditions for them, pretty much like you can do it for menus.I don't really see any other way. I cannot use checks in interactions the way that hire for sex option will not look out of place for managers. So it simply should be hidden for everyone but SIWs.

Thewlis wrote a very odd bunch if classes like IFF and IFFOR and S to use as conditions for menus. What I don't get is how is that different from evaluating strings (which he also anticipated btw.).

In any case, this:

pytfall.world_actions.gm_choice("Fuck", condition="chr.disposition > 200", index=(m, 7))
is one way to condition a button (without using Iff() class). I checked and it looks like it is working.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5222 on: July 23, 2015, 08:35:24 PM »
Ok, I've added like 30 new issues to the new Git Repo + pushed some small code updates :)

Also, it is prolly a good idea to set image cache upon entry to girls meets and not mess with gm.generate_img() at all. I think it makes perfect sense but it's late...

*Now = Sleep.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5223 on: July 24, 2015, 01:13:23 AM »
Also if disposition between any character and mc will be terminated if disposition falls too low during the next day. I cannot do that for inter-characters relationships because we do not maintain dispositions between different characters, just between characters and mc.
I think we'll need flags or something to maintain disposition between characters, because actual numeric disposition between everyone is too much information. Friendship gains when they live and work together (in one building) for some time depending on how similar their traits are, and lover is possible only with lesbian or bisexual traits involved. We also should limit max number of friends for girls (not including MC) based on traits.

I am not sure how to handle lesbo thing, there are too many variables involved :( Like if the other girl is doing an exploration run, if she is available otherwise, if she is in the same building (or mc and chr would have to have mental power in order to find any of the girls in the city/world) and etc...
Let's be realistic. You won't propose a girl to do lesbian action with someone on the other side of town. They should be in the same building (brothel, MC house in the future, etc).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:14:59 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5224 on: July 24, 2015, 03:18:55 AM »
I think we'll need flags or something to maintain disposition between characters, because actual numeric disposition between everyone is too much information. Friendship gains when they live and work together (in one building) for some time depending on how similar their traits are, and lover is possible only with lesbian or bisexual traits involved. We also should limit max number of friends for girls (not including MC) based on traits.

Hmm, add an Issue with relationship module. Basically what you're suggesting can be best done with adding moar sets() like lovers/friends:

- rivals()
- enemies()
- allies()
- etc...

and etc. And counter flags for how long have the characters known eachother to go with their living/working/teaming up situations. You can flag it as long term because we'll need a number of other systems to make this work properly as well.

Let's be realistic. You won't propose a girl to do lesbian action with someone on the other side of town. They should be in the same building (brothel, MC house in the future, etc).

So it should appear only when you start interaction in the building atm? We can later expand it when everyone has living space I suppose... I'll take a look if we can trace if interaction was started from a building to enable this option in the menu.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5225 on: July 24, 2015, 03:21:57 AM »
*Before I forget, Try to link points where we discussed relevant stuff to Issues on GitHub. We keep loosing/forgetting stuff we talked about and that would be a really good way to keep track of that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5226 on: July 24, 2015, 06:18:03 AM »
In GM-greetings rpy there is a comment "Accessed through call rather then jump". I suppose it means that any lines from there could be quickly called from anywhere without the need to jump back. That's quite useful if it can be done not with greetings only.
It should look exactly like witten, ie
call girl_meets_greeting
?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5227 on: July 24, 2015, 06:24:50 AM »
In GM-greetings rpy there is a comment "Accessed through call rather then jump". I suppose it means that any lines from there could be quickly called from anywhere without the need to jump back. That's quite useful if it can be done not with greetings only.

Yeap, called labels are added to "call_stack" and have to be returned from to statement from which they were called. Otherwise stack will be polluted (in case if you jump after call without returning).

It should look exactly like witten, ie ?

call girl_meets_greeting
If there is a label called girl_meets_greeting, than yes, just keep in mind that it's very desirable to return from that label or from any label you may call after that with a return statement.

If it's a variable containing a string:

call expression girl_meets_greeting
should be used.

Moar here: http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/label.html
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5228 on: July 24, 2015, 07:42:20 AM »
https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops?lang=en

SF Mercurial is finally back btw  ::)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5229 on: July 24, 2015, 09:25:13 AM »
It returned to me "authorization failed" just now when I tried to pull. Screw it, I like the new repo.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5230 on: July 24, 2015, 09:31:50 AM »
Agreed, I just made a note* I feel a new surge of energy after moving to Hub.

===
I am going to take a look at the lesbo thing and if I figure that out, close the issue/push.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5231 on: July 24, 2015, 11:43:44 AM »
Done, it needs work and maybe better checks but it'll do for now. I'll prolly pt some time into jobs or take a look at other Issues.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5232 on: July 24, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »
Phew, I spent all day including 8 working hours to improve sex scene and rip lines for it  :D
Though it can be improved indefinitely (like anything else in the game), now it has all I want right now except conditions for the scene beginning.

Next step is to finish chatting options and make shorter and smaller scenes for lesbian, group and bdsm.
After that I'll see what we can do with optional buttons like hire for sex for SIW.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5233 on: July 24, 2015, 04:10:49 PM »
LoL

Well done. I am working on improving some code and advance jobs codebase. Slowgoing but but in the right direction :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5234 on: July 24, 2015, 04:26:04 PM »
Can you not just return to the interaction menu after doing something, but actually exit interactions and go to the girl profile screen?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:37:00 PM by DarkTl »