devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821290 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5235 on: July 24, 2015, 04:38:04 PM »
Can you not just return to the interaction menu after doing something, but actually exit interactions and go the girl profile screen?

Very clumsily, I'll add a proper option with my next push.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5236 on: July 24, 2015, 04:45:48 PM »
It should work differently for unhired girls, since you can't see their profiles... Maybe return you to the place where you live, or simply to the city map.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5237 on: July 24, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »
It should work differently for unhired girls, since you can't see their profiles... Maybe return you to the place where you live, or simply to the city map.

There is logic in place that will return you to whereever the hell you came from, regardless if it was interactions in profile or in the city (girlsmeets). I think that is quite reasonable. I'll push it right now, nothing is currently broken in my code, but you may (I am not sure if I changed enough) need my testing file again (will be attached to this post).

To end any interaction and return to original location:
Code: [Select]
jump girl_interactions_end
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:57:33 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5238 on: July 24, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »
Attention!

We broke one of the most important rules of Python/Ren'Py (or actually inherited that sh!t from Alkion almost three years ago).

We're using chr (short for character). That is also a Python builtin. It doesn't cause that many issues BUT new screen prediction algorithms (to make Ren'Py run faster), evaluate screens on startup of the game. that means that chr is counter as builtin before the game ever gets a chance to start, hence we cannot use new system in some places.

I am going to rename all references to char (our main container holding all characters to chars) and chr to char everywhere in the game! This will be my last push before I fall asleep...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5239 on: July 24, 2015, 06:41:50 PM »
Ok... I pushed, then fixed a bunch of related errors, then pushed again. There could still be issues since there were a couple of thousands of entries I auto-changed but it seems to be working well enough. We will kill rest of errors (if any) as we beta test :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5240 on: July 25, 2015, 05:29:15 AM »
I am going to make the new girl iv made a random character.. so i need to know what will be needed to do that ( the minimum tags/picture types needed for that ) when i see packs and check the gallery its a mess so i need at least pointers to the minimum needed by the game then and some randomness on the pose in the future.. or add more actions that the game needs as it develops.

Also does the girls have mood outside of training? like angry/sad/normal/happy/horny and does every picture need to reflect that mood ( if so its no problem as it wont take longer to do it just tell if needed )

Edit:

Ooops Dark basic actions might cover what i need at the start.. but needed to know if something changed.. as for the mood thing i still need to know.

hmm.. action still need to be defined better.. like.. anal ( thats a normal action ) while anal fingering ( thats more like the training one to get anal sex later on )
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:54:28 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5241 on: July 25, 2015, 05:54:22 AM »
I do not believe anything has changed.

You can start with the most important images:

1) vnsprite.
2) 3 or 4 profile images with different closing (bikini, magic robes, casual).
3) battle sprite
4) resting
5) straight sex (vaginal and anal)
6) gay sex (lesbian)
7) blowjob
8) portraits with base emotions (one each if possible)
9) Combat image (different from battle sprite which is a smaller image to be used in BE, this one is used in training)
10) Nude (at least one nude image without sexual content)
11) Jobs images: Maid, Stripper, Prostitute (provocative), Warrior (combat image can be used here), Waitress, Manager (formal clothing I guess, can be a profile type image).

I this this will make a working pack, rest can be added later.

Maybe it would make sense to make all the image with transparent or simple background. Such a pack may look really good in the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #5242 on: July 25, 2015, 05:58:07 AM »
Ok i will render those as transparent first to see how its gonna look like and then we can decide what to do next with BG or randomness of poses..

Wats the sprites resolution needed for VN and Battle ?

Also for magic.. all kinds like oriental/Western (Miko/wizzard) outfits ?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:09:20 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5243 on: July 25, 2015, 07:10:40 AM »
Just got amazing idea for interactions from those concept documents you linked in the chat.
I'll make everything I can based on existing stats and traits. The more stats/flags we'll have, the more interactions options I will be able to create (like talk about hobbies if characters will get them at some point).

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5244 on: July 25, 2015, 07:22:16 AM »
Wats the sprites resolution needed for VN and Battle ?

Also for magic.. all kinds like oriental/Western (Miko/wizzard) outfits ?
We don't have some fixed resolution because we can't control what kind of images packs have... Also we rarely show any pictures in full size except small ones like battle sprites and portraits. I personally resize all pictures and sprites to 1000x1000 if they are bigger. An average quest sprite is about 700x600 or something like that. Portraits are about 200x200 if possible, or smaller. Xela should know better than me about sizes of battle sprites, but they are quite small. Like 300x200 or something.

Magic tag assumes that a spell is being used by the character. Very often they do it in normal clothes. If you want to give them some ususual clothes, go ahead, but it's not mandatory.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5245 on: July 25, 2015, 07:27:15 AM »
Just got amazing idea for interactions from those concept documents you linked in the chat.
I'll make everything I can based on existing stats and traits. The more stats/flags we'll have, the more interactions options I will be able to create (like talk about hobbies if characters will get them at some point).

I am rewriting WhoreJob, restoring it to older format. We may need more flexibility than Thewlis upgrade allows. We may switch back to it at some point in the future.

---
About Interactions... Please keep track and document what you are doing. We may need to handle those flags elsewhere in code so it might be a decent idea to write a module to keep track of relationships.

I'll keep hacking at whore job for 30 more minutes and disappear for a few hours after that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5246 on: July 25, 2015, 07:28:29 AM »
We don't have some fixed resolution because we can't control what kind of images packs have... Also we rarely show any pictures in full size except small ones like battle sprites and portraits. I personally resize all pictures and sprites to 1000x1000 if they are bigger. An average quest sprite is about 700x600 or something like that. Portraits are about 200x200 if possible, or smaller. Xela should know better than me about sizes of battle sprites, but they are quite small. Like 300x200 or something.

Magic tag assumes that a spell is being used by the character. Very often they do it in normal clothes. If you want to give them some ususual clothes, go ahead, but it's not mandatory.

We can resize... you can also take a look at the current sprites. One problem with battle sprites is that we still have not agreed on a specific format.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5247 on: July 25, 2015, 07:31:47 AM »
@Dark:

BTW: You created new sex skill ("sex"), which confuses the hell out of me. Is it a general skill that offsets all sex skills or something specific for skills that do not fit in other categories? If it's the latter, maybe we should rename it to kinkysex or something like that?

I need to know how to handle it in jobs...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5248 on: July 25, 2015, 07:40:54 AM »
It's a general knowledge about sex. It should be used in situations when we don't have a specific sex skill. You can call it in gui whatever you want, and you can change it in the code as long as you rewrite all the checks by yourself (items, schools, interactions)  :D

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5249 on: July 25, 2015, 07:46:53 AM »
I cannot start the game even with your testing rpy.
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 220, in script call
    call testing
  File "game/library/testing.rpy", line 2, in script
    python:
  File "game/library/testing.rpy", line 38, in <module>
    rgirls = rchar.keys()
NameError: name 'rchar' is not defined