Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821636 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5445 on: August 07, 2015, 02:24:13 PM »
Btw Git Extensions knows how to move files between folders instead of deleting and reuploading files again, like our old repo did  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5446 on: August 07, 2015, 03:08:25 PM »
I know, noticed that twice when refactoring code already :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5447 on: August 07, 2015, 05:05:04 PM »
Hgehe... now I had to delete all the .rpyc files because of your push :)

I'll try to get an early start tomorrow, maybe do some stuff for jobs so there will be no more pushes from me tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #5448 on: August 08, 2015, 06:03:36 AM »
I wonder, can't we disable everywhere the window for portrait when narrator speaks? It's empty anyway, and doesn't look good.
We can divide them, but there is a frame with the name too.
First I just need to finish the screen "girl interactions" in terms of graphics. Then we can change the conversation frame.
Another week and I will have at least some free time  :(

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5449 on: August 08, 2015, 11:05:21 AM »
I asked quite a while back to leave Hinata out of quests/events so I figured thats why you didn't mention her
Is it because you want to write your own events for her, or it's because she is used for testing in dev mode or something like that?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5450 on: August 09, 2015, 12:57:08 AM »
Is it because you want to write your own events for her

This, but I can use someone else or even better, it could be first practice of creating different story/meeting lines and system for them to avoid collisions.

Edit:
+ It may be a while will I can do so anyway...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5451 on: August 09, 2015, 03:06:35 PM »
We can divide them, but there is a frame with the name too.
Nah, I thought it's a matter of 1-2 lines of code. We might have a portrait for narrator too eventually, who knows.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5452 on: August 09, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »
I want to make a minigame (inside Ino's mind  ::) ), when we see two bgs, and one bg we see better than another depending on who wins currently. Can we show two bgs at once with 0.5 alphas, and change alphas if needed to show one bg more than another?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5453 on: August 09, 2015, 03:26:34 PM »
I want to make a minigame (inside Ino's mind  ::) ), when we see two bgs, and one bg we see better than another depending on who wins currently. Can we show two bgs at once with 0.5 alphas, and change alphas if needed to show one bg more than another?

What decides which bg is shown? If it's a menu, you can simply use something like:
Code: [Select]
show expression Transform("bg ino1", alpha=0.5) as bg1
show expression Transform("bg ino2", alpha=0.5) as bg2

menu:
    "choice 1""
        show expression Transform("bg ino1", alpha=0.75) as bg1
    "choice 2":
        show expression Transform("bg ino2", alpha=0.75) as bg2

Also, keep in mind that we also have two transform defined to show sprites with:

mid_left and mid_right

I think it looks a bit off when second girl is shown all the way at the left or right (Ren'Pys default).

===
BTW, if you minigame pans out, we can add gradual alpha change to it, like from 0.5 to 0.75 in 1 second. Might look a bit better.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5454 on: August 09, 2015, 07:38:16 PM »
Ok, done. Maybe I'll do something more complex for her personal quest, but for initial scene rock-paper-scissors concept is enough.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5455 on: August 11, 2015, 07:04:16 AM »
Xela, what can you tell me about Konan's ability to turn into paper and fly away and vice versa? It means the same function you used for HitlerKaputt, but pieces should be white, and it means reverse order when she appears.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5456 on: August 11, 2015, 09:14:21 AM »
Xela, what can you tell me about Konan's ability to turn into paper and fly away and vice versa? It means the same function you used for HitlerKaputt, but pieces should be white, and it means reverse order when she appears.

I think about it but I doubt that there will be time for messing with UDDs until weekend. Till then I am just trying to advance jobs bit by bit whenever time permits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5457 on: August 12, 2015, 04:17:40 AM »
I never used so many labels in all my life... Even worse, they all are global, thus have to be unique and understandable. Pretty much any menu needs at least one label. That's inconvenient, ideally menus should have their own logic to handle multiple choices.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5458 on: August 12, 2015, 05:44:47 AM »
I never used so many labels in all my life... Even worse, they all are global, thus have to be unique and understandable. Pretty much any menu needs at least one label. That's inconvenient, ideally menus should have their own logic to handle multiple choices.

There are dozens of ways to handle scopes and namespaces in Python, global is a Ren'Py thing. You can create your own namespaces for your events or for each event like:

$ ie = object() # Ino's event.
$ ie.menu_1 = False
$ ie.read_mind = False

and so on. You could also write your own classes if you need complex logic or something like that. You can also set flags for unique characters and global flags (I think we should rename those to gf btw.)

Name collisions can become an issue in Ren'Py for sure but that's not something we really change, I just leaned to name sh!t correctly and delete the variables after they are no longer in use at the end of events.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5459 on: August 12, 2015, 06:14:35 AM »
I have to use labels most of the time only to jump to the beginning of the current menu in order to select something else. If only renpy had something like "jump current_menu"...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:16:34 AM by DarkTl »