Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821695 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5625 on: August 27, 2015, 11:36:30 AM »
Well, usually there is a huge "Items" or "Equipment" button in one single place (and in most games you can very quickly press it, though not everywhere unfortunately) that will lead you to menu where you can do everything or almost everything with items, including looking at them, discarding, equipping and transferring to another character.
Only in some cases, when there is a craft of some kind in the game, they sometimes make a separate button for it.

Well sh#t, I wanted to test some stuff, but you cannot buy MC house (or anything else) anymore  :)
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screen - realtor.rpy", line 46, in script
    $ market_buildings = sorted(set(chain(brothels.values(), buildings.values())) - set(hero.buildings), key = lambda x: x.id)
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screen - realtor.rpy", line 46, in <module>
    $ market_buildings = sorted(set(chain(brothels.values(), buildings.values())) - set(hero.buildings), key = lambda x: x.id)
AttributeError: 'RevertableList' object has no attribute 'values'
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:53:48 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5626 on: August 27, 2015, 12:24:42 PM »
My propositions:
- if you want, you can keep the button for item transferring screen in buildings. But there should be another button leading to that screen, and it should be somewhere in characters inventory or profile. Because otherwise you have a long way to go between screens.
- add a way to transfer items using MC's storage. Meaning that every character will have an access to MC's items storage (not free of course, just for transferring items). And the button to access it should be in characters (and MC's) inventories.
- at the current small items transfer screen between a girl and MC you can see either her or his inventory. Why? There is a lot of space for both inventories, and it's more convenient too. We do have both inventories at the main transfer screen after all, so why not here?
- current MC equipment screen, when there are those moving panels instead of a separate solid screen like girls have, is really bad.

*btw we don't have discard item option. That might be not the most popular option, but it is needed.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:33:16 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5627 on: August 27, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »
I'll think about and start a new issue tomorrow... I though MCs slide outs were a nice touch :)

We can work out the MC eq screen... we can add dropdowns for moar options when calling the items transfer screen and etc. I wanted to add drag&drop to items as well but that's gonna be a bit tricky so prolly best left for better times.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5628 on: August 27, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »
MC profile screen is in a real mess compared to girls screens. When you slide out even more stuff, it becomes unbearable.

Not the best example, but did you noticed how I hide one group of traits flags when I need to show another one in my tagger? If you want equipment to slide out, you will need to hide something, otherwise we have information overload.
Also mini inventory that slides out is way too small to be convenient.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:01:01 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5629 on: August 27, 2015, 07:49:54 PM »
Well, you proposition is a bit vague. How I imagine it exactly:
- Either new submenu for quest buttons (called events for example) that is hidden when there are no quest options available, or simply buttons that have a different color. This way players will immediately notice quest options in GMs.
- If character has a True flag starting with event_to_interactions, a quest button appears inside GMs that will lead to specific label, for example label event_to_interactions_lbl_"name of that true flag without "event_to_interactions" part". That will allow us to use multiple buttons.
- The difficult part here is to use custom names for those quest buttons. I'm not even sure if it's possible or where to set those names in the code to make it work.

Took me 2 hours to figure out how to get Thewlises WAM to update itself and 10 mins to write the code for this... hopefully nothing is broken, I've started a new Issue (super long term) to merge all world interactions modules but I am not looking towards rewriting so much code any time soon...

There is an example of how to use this subsystem in temp_logic.rpy, some maor comments in the interactions file, but it should be self-evident...

I'll try to go through Thewlises code, there are some things there we are not using that may help the development out. There is a good chance that something like this was coded already and I simply couldn't find it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5630 on: August 27, 2015, 07:56:39 PM »
Tagger update!  :)
I added support for ini files. In the tagger thread you can find an example of ini file. It should be in the same folder as the tagger. The file is optional, without it the tagger will work as usual.

"Path" means default initial path that opens when you try to open a folder, "height" and "width" are window sizes (can't be less than 690x1250, otherwise ignored), colors options freely set colors for elements of gui using RGB format.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5631 on: August 28, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »
How can I set some flag to all characters in the game at once?

Offline Pseudononymous

• You don't say...
« Reply #5632 on: August 28, 2015, 11:09:12 AM »
Here are some mock-up icons for the breast size trait. Any questions, comments, and/or critique?

I can change the colors, forms, everything pretty easily. If you don't like it or wanted a front view or something I can start the search again.

Also, once they are finished, should I just hand them off to someone or is it simple enough to take a swing at implementing them myself then pushing it? I have a backup for my backup so I'm not worried about breaking anything. Wouldn't dream of pushing unless everything was on the up and up.
"You think I CARE!?"
"Yeah, you're getting really angry about it."

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5633 on: August 28, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »
Yes, they actually look very nice!
However, icons should be closer to squares than rectangles, otherwise they will take too much space in gui. I'm afraid we'll have to cut either the head or the torso a bit.

When they will be finished, you can just create a folder for them in game\content\gfx\interface\images (other icons have folders there too) and push it to the repo. Files names don't matter, we tie icons to traits manually in traits jsons.

Offline Pseudononymous

• You don't say...
« Reply #5634 on: August 28, 2015, 12:24:23 PM »
Yes, they actually look very nice!
However, icons should be closer to squares than rectangles, otherwise they will take too much space in gui. I'm afraid we'll have to cut either the head or the torso a bit.

When they will be finished, you can just create a folder for them in game\content\gfx\interface\images (other icons have folders there too) and push it to the repo. Files names don't matter, we tie icons to traits manually in traits jsons.

Question: Should I keep the white background or make it a PNG with alpha so that it is the same color as the background on which it is placed?
"You think I CARE!?"

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5635 on: August 28, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »
Keep it, traits gui background is not very suitable for transparent icons.

Offline Pseudononymous

• You don't say...
« Reply #5636 on: August 28, 2015, 01:59:57 PM »
Keep it, traits gui background is not very suitable for transparent icons.

Gotcha, well, rather than cropping them I just stretched them horizontally a bit, still looks good from my perspective. Perhaps better actually, made the female figures a little more curvy and added a small gradation from dark (bottom) to light (top) to add some weight to the image. I forgot to mention that it is the "images" for the first 4 body traits in the push comment but you get the picture. Push was successful and all of the body traits are going to be in the "body" folder in the interface>images>body path.

Can't wait to see it implemented, going to get to work on another set soon. *thumbs up*
"You think I CARE!?"

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5637 on: August 28, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »
Xela, I don't understand some stuff about pytfall.world_actions.add that you used to add actions at several locations screens.

For example, pytfall.world_actions.add("angelica", "Find Angelica", Jump("angelica_menu"), condition=Iff(global_flag_complex("met_angelica"))). I figured that "Find Angelica" is the name of the button, Jump("angelica_menu") is where we jump when we press it,  condition is obvious. What is "angelica" part then?

Offline deadkingblue

« Reply #5638 on: August 28, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »
QQ is this game still under dev and the latest version is hidden in the 300+ pages or is the dev of this game stopped?

Offline Pseudononymous

• You don't say...
« Reply #5639 on: August 28, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »
QQ is this game still under dev and the latest version is hidden in the 300+ pages or is the dev of this game stopped?

Game is totally under dev. We've got Xela, Dark, Cherry, Gismo, myself, and a few others on it. Latest version (dev version) is updated via Git, through pulling. Latest stable version is the alpha that was release some time ago, if you need the link I can grab it for you.
"You think I CARE!?"