Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821238 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5775 on: September 10, 2015, 10:04:15 AM »
Can I add tagger source code to the repo, or it could confuse the game or something?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5776 on: September 10, 2015, 12:05:32 PM »
It should make any difference and you can always create a new branch for the project. I think a proper way would be to create a new "group" account and transfer PyTFall right to it. Lets wait until Saturday, we should do it properly this time, GitHub is way different from SF in this regard.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5777 on: September 10, 2015, 04:30:30 PM »
We can change slave/free status freely ingame when needed for quests, yes? Like when you should choose via menu who will become a slave from two free characters.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5778 on: September 10, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »
Sure, nothing should break, right not it's just a string, if we move to social status system, we'll have to update quests and events.

===
I followed your example from last night and turned in early. Now I got an hour and a half before dawn so I'll start messing with NPCs loading code. It's gonna another busy day and it doesn't look like this pace will come to an end any time soon :(

It's fine while we have smaller issues to knock out but I need to come up with a routine to work on jobs/SE as well, otherwise they'll never get done :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5779 on: September 10, 2015, 11:55:13 PM »
NPCs are done. I've added color and what_color to JSONs, they represent name color and text colors to be used when the characters speaks. We have a list of color names in colors.rpy but any hex color code should do the trick. Defaults are ivory and white.

Shopkeeper Abby the Witch was reconstructed by me as NPC and code was update accordingly. I prolly should have simply used "profile" category for the VN sprite so game would fall back to it no matter what pic is called, but that haven't occurred to me before writing this post.

===
Everything else seems to be working otherwise, NPCs are bound to npcs dict on global namespace (example in the code).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5780 on: September 11, 2015, 04:23:50 AM »
Alright, you asked for this...  :)

- $ enemy_team = Team(name="Enemy Team", max_size=3)
Max size is not hardcoded? BE supports up to 3 chars currently, so why we set it here in the first place?

- How to control rows? I don't understand how to place a certain mob or char to a certain row.

- Transition from vn mode to battle screen is too fast. It's basically instantaneous. In existing games with separated BEs there is always a special effect of some kind when they run BE.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 05:04:14 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5781 on: September 11, 2015, 06:27:31 AM »
From Android.

Maxsize is optional. It defaults to 3.

I'll look into transitions.

Each char has a front_row property. True for front row and false for back row.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5782 on: September 11, 2015, 07:36:35 AM »
There is another issue. When you fight against a character, she doesn't have any battle AI. The game allows you to control her instead.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5783 on: September 11, 2015, 10:10:13 AM »
See if you can change the controler. There should be Examples of that in code. I am still on Android.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5784 on: September 11, 2015, 10:56:42 AM »
Yes.
            for member in team:
                member.controller = BE_AI(member)
My code
            $ enemy_team = Team(name="Enemy Team", max_size=1)
            $ your_team = Team(name="Your Team", max_size=1)
            $ enemy_team.add(t)
            $ for member in enemy_team:
                $ member.controller = BE_AI(member)
File "game/library/events/StoryI/Temari_part.rpy", line 64: Line is indented, but the preceding one-line python statement statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    $ member.controller = BE_AI(member)
::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5785 on: September 11, 2015, 11:33:48 AM »
Use python statement.  One liner means one liner. Statement must start and end on the same line.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:39:29 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5786 on: September 11, 2015, 12:38:22 PM »
How does it work? Should I change the controller back after the fight to avoid issues when she will be hired and used in BE again?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:42:29 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5787 on: September 11, 2015, 01:54:54 PM »
How does it work? Should I change the controller back after the fight to avoid issues when she will be hired and used in BE again?

Auto-Combat should set the controller every turn, even if it doesn't, it most definitely should. Tis been one f*cked day so I am not going to do anything tonight. Tomorrow I'll take a stab at jobs if I have any energy for focused coding, otherwise I'll know out a couple of items issues as those are easier to deal with.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5788 on: September 11, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »
Gismo pmed me that he's going to add buttons for quest items filter and disposing while he redraws items screens to take care of issue 86. So don't do anything about issues 93 and 94 yet, it's better to handle everything at once.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5789 on: September 12, 2015, 01:35:15 PM »
Here we go  :) https://github.com/DarkTl/PyTFall-DarkTagger
I think anyone can download it, but there is no point to do so unless you know Delphi. I'll continue to distribute it via dropbox, I just need a backup.