devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821592 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5895 on: September 24, 2015, 07:47:04 AM »
I cannot find the commit where you added it.

I just searched via notepad+ for "hidden": true and then for pytfall.maps.lock in all jsons and rpys.
Zero results for pytfall.maps.lock, and "hidden": true we have only for items.

Here:

https://github.com/XelaPy/PyTFall/commit/b05710e95ea828083664d2c333cee0cb001fffd3
https://github.com/XelaPy/PyTFall/issues/57
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5896 on: September 24, 2015, 08:12:45 AM »
Ok, it doesn't change the fact that I don't see where it was locked  :)
Just searched again in rpy, json and just in case xml, there is no maps.lock anywhere.
Could it be because it has "hidden" part in its name or something?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5897 on: September 24, 2015, 08:14:53 AM »
In maps json we have
        {
            "id": "hiddenvillage_entrance",
            "name": "Hidden Village"
        },
Nothing about hidden: true again.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5898 on: September 24, 2015, 01:51:12 PM »
Does it work? I thought that I've testing this before pushing...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5899 on: September 24, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »
All I know is until recently it wasn't hidden, I never hided it, and I don't see any traces of hiding it by you in the code  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5900 on: September 24, 2015, 10:12:22 PM »
I thoughts you've hidden it as part of the design but there was a typo in code.

It wasn't hidden, there was a capital letter in checklist and village does not have onscreen image yet. I noticed that it was missing couple of days ago but figured that you were updating conditions for your quests so I didn't check for errors.

===
I've spent some time updating styles, we had loads of dead ones and many clones. I think that we still have the grey button cloned needlessly but I am too sleepy to check that...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5901 on: September 25, 2015, 02:23:13 AM »
Yeah, and removing that capital letter also broke village screens and all events there, so I had to fix all that this morning  :D
I thought it was intentional capital letter.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5902 on: September 25, 2015, 02:54:11 AM »
Yeah, and removing that capital letter also broke village screens and all events there, so I had to fix all that this morning  :D
I thought it was intentional capital letter.

Damn...

I would never have deviated from lowercase letters for locations, we do not have a single loc with a cap in it except for that one, was mass renaming not possible? It was perfectly possible to keep it and change JSON instead, we would have ended up with unconventional location name but it's not that big of a deal.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5903 on: September 25, 2015, 03:10:16 AM »
There also was an issue with GMs in new locations. Currently GMs system that I copied from other locations expects background picture name = location label name, so I had to rename pictures.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5904 on: September 25, 2015, 06:55:18 AM »
I think we will need to handle base traits for rchars a bit differently than other stuff. If we'll use our usual "healer:30 mage:30 warrior:30", there will be a huge disbalance in classes. Since a char can only have 2 base traits, those possible traits that go after first two traits in rchar json will be much rarer than the first two.
And it also will lead to very high chance of double base traits, with the chance to have one single base trait close to 0.

I suppose it should be something like our rts function for GMs that selects a random value independently from others, no matter their order. And there probably should be either hardcoded or tunable chance of having only 1 base trait.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5905 on: September 25, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »
I doubt that it's gonna be that simple. I'll let you know when I get to world mech review.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5906 on: September 26, 2015, 05:44:46 AM »
Thanks to git ability to see edits in any files, not just text ones, I was able to delete all third party tags from our sound/music files without replacing them.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5907 on: September 26, 2015, 07:56:47 AM »
Thanks to git ability to see edits in any files, not just text ones, I was able to delete all third party tags from our sound/music files without replacing them.

What does it mean? Can't say that I like the damn guitar sound you've added :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5908 on: September 26, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
It means removing all traces of copyright, even hashsum. All modern audio players and even windows itself can show tags and images included in music files. But now they are removed.

I mostly added new music for the village, and I didn't know where to put that guitar so I just added it to the main screen. You can rename it if you don't like it, I don't want to delete it since it might be useful in the future.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:48:12 PM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5909 on: September 26, 2015, 12:37:42 PM »
Xela, you do know that gui is broken, right? Player's girls are unavailable.
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 12, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 12, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 141, in execute
    screen pyt_girl_profile():
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 155, in execute
    if girls:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 213, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 219, in execute
    has vbox
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 339, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 344, in execute
    if stats_display == "main":
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 379, in execute
    fixed:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 393, in execute
    $ img = ProportionalScale(trait.icon, 100, 100)
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 393, in <module>
    $ img = ProportionalScale(trait.icon, 100, 100)
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'icon'