Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821815 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6195 on: November 04, 2015, 01:22:46 PM »
Make me a package containing the items you want as icons ( i need to see the full item since need to make it ) then render what we need.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6196 on: November 04, 2015, 01:27:42 PM »
Here the random char im working on for equipdoll ( equipment screen ) used resolution of the re size that was used 288x400..

Same rchar that can have different poses depending on her mood ( only against/normal/shy ).. well was made for my old ST but could be adapted to the equipment screen then would require other moods as well

And if your not gona add more item slots like underwear under main clothing and so on.. it will be easier for me to render all other items that goes above/part under clothing like amulets/rings/weapons/.. ( as transparent image to put on top of the ones you see for the main body )

In fact i could do it with everything.. from naked body.. i add a transparent image of clothing over it to dress her ( some shadow might be lost but there is a way to render the casted shadows as well if you really need em )
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:39:42 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6197 on: November 04, 2015, 03:37:22 PM »
Looks good. My only concern is that this will require insane amount of images to cover everything.
Like what we're doing?

Offline deadkingblue

« Reply #6198 on: November 04, 2015, 06:55:07 PM »
if ur worried about image space requirements, then try lower quality smaller images with better compression, or a paperdoll system like hhs or otherworld.(both have inactive devs btw)

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6199 on: November 04, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »
Basically im doing what Otherworld did.. naked body then you add clothing on as layer with transparency.. the thing is its game has a lot of item to cover lol..

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6200 on: November 05, 2015, 01:30:50 AM »
Looks good. My only concern is that this will require insane amount of images to cover everything.

You mean you do not want to manage all that amount of image ( as storage space or code wise to handle them.. and making them appear when they should ? ) or the fact that if we goes that way i will have too much image to do and your afraid i wont push img updates ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6201 on: November 05, 2015, 08:51:48 AM »
or the fact that if we goes that way i will have too much image to do and your afraid i wont push img updates ?

This.

Similar thing happened in Otherworld, there were not enough new characters for new content. Someone even made Hinata but never shared the doll.

Another issue that workload for you when we're talking about creating 10 - 20 random characters (to justify equipment doll code/other changes to image lookup) is also insane.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6202 on: November 05, 2015, 09:40:55 AM »
For the images Workload i could give you my files and free programs needed to use them and the configuration setting to import/export from each other.. after that all depends on your skills with those programs.. so if you want to make content faster you could do it.. and if im away for some reason someone else could continue it..
Most of my files are template based so you just need to load the template for ( icons / equdoll clothing / action clothing / and so on.. ) so its like make an item or mod a existing one load it in the template then render and its done..

For the code i noticed a few lines in the Dev version with "pyt_eqdoll" and after looking up the code.. i was thinking cool already thinking for the future and preparing stuff there..
but of course its not implemented a equipment doll system now but since those lines where there i decided to move things on my side so you would get content when its ready..
( and for me to mod something on the latest version for my rchar since i want her to swap clothes and be able to see the change in either equipment screen or rendered actions )

As for the numbers of rchars it does not matter.. once every template is done it will be like morphing the char face/swapping hair style/adjusting body type.. ( i got a large content library to do so.. or mod something that you want.. ) all done i a few minutes with sliders.. and you will get another char.. then its around 3-10min to render 1 image for that new char ( and im only using cpu render witch is slower than gpu renders )
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:49:57 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6203 on: November 05, 2015, 09:46:43 AM »
I browsed my packs today and found some clothes we could add to the game. Here are examples. They don't have to be exactly the same, and they don't have to be very detailed, since it's just quite small icons. Of course your previous icons with closer camera are welcomed as well. I'll make items as soon as you render them  :)

Underwear slot is problematic. I'd like to add it eventually, but it's close to impossible to find icons or detailed pictures (usually it's just something monotonous and simple). You can easily find photos, but they make pure icons most of the time.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6204 on: November 05, 2015, 12:47:43 PM »
Documented items fields using repo wiki  :)

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6205 on: November 05, 2015, 03:38:42 PM »
Sailor First..

Let me know if something is wrong

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6206 on: November 06, 2015, 06:21:50 AM »
Nope, it's perfect.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6207 on: November 06, 2015, 12:48:18 PM »
The Alternate sailor from your pictures..

Ok fixed sizes
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 02:05:28 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6208 on: November 06, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »
Nice, I added both as items.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6209 on: November 06, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »
For the images Workload i could give you my files and free programs needed to use them and the configuration setting to import/export from each other.. after that all depends on your skills with those programs.. so if you want to make content faster you could do it.. and if im away for some reason someone else could continue it..
Most of my files are template based so you just need to load the template for ( icons / equdoll clothing / action clothing / and so on.. ) so its like make an item or mod a existing one load it in the template then render and its done..

If paired with (very) limited guide, this could be useful if you have a system setup, even without any serious skills, someone could continue. You'd also have to write a simple step-by-step guide on how you add new items/character or perhaps better yes, provide links that helped you get there. This was at the very least the system will not be 101% dependent solely on your input.

For the code i noticed a few lines in the Dev version with "pyt_eqdoll" and after looking up the code.. i was thinking cool already thinking for the future and preparing stuff there..
but of course its not implemented a equipment doll system now but since those lines where there i decided to move things on my side so you would get content when its ready..
( and for me to mod something on the latest version for my rchar since i want her to swap clothes and be able to see the change in either equipment screen or rendered actions )

No, equip doll is plainly the sprite we add to the equipment screen paired with positioned slots. To change the clothing on sprite or to change the sprite based on equipped item simple function would have to be written paired with adding new fields to items data file(s) and relevant loading func. Depending on complexity of design, whole thing can take from 10 mins to 10 hours but I doubt it'll be more than that (the only way that it will is if we decide to build OW like doll which will require careful positioning of clothing, possible re-sizing and layers), such system is still not very hard to code in but will take time to get write through trail and error.

As for the numbers of rchars it does not matter.. once every template is done it will be like morphing the char face/swapping hair style/adjusting body type.. ( i got a large content library to do so.. or mod something that you want.. ) all done i a few minutes with sliders.. and you will get another char.. then its around 3-10min to render 1 image for that new char ( and im only using cpu render witch is slower than gpu renders )

Well, if it's like you describe, it can be very cool indeed. Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to render body (skin), eyes (pupils) and hair separately for each pose/sprite for 5 or 6 random chars? Of recolored in Ren'Py, they could also offer a bunch of options...

===
Sailor First..

Let me know if something is wrong

Didn't we decide to split the suits into bits? This is excellent regardless of that :)
Like what we're doing?