Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821761 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6210 on: November 06, 2015, 07:31:30 PM »
Here Another one..

Ineed to work more on the belt...
And since you do not have a slot for bra(underwear) i combined it into the item
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:36:31 PM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6211 on: November 06, 2015, 07:41:12 PM »
Didn't we decide to split the suits into bits? This is excellent regardless of that :)

What do you mean by bits ?.. like top and skirt separate ? leggings/shoes always are separate but i show them in full render when i decide to add them.. ( but can be done later on )

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6212 on: November 06, 2015, 07:46:03 PM »
No, equip doll is plainly the sprite we add to the equipment screen paired with positioned slots. To change the clothing on sprite or to change the sprite based on equipped item simple function would have to be written paired with adding new fields to items data file(s) and relevant loading func. Depending on complexity of design, whole thing can take from 10 mins to 10 hours but I doubt it'll be more than that (the only way that it will is if we decide to build OW like doll which will require careful positioning of clothing, possible re-sizing and layers), such system is still not very hard to code in but will take time to get write through trail and error.

I already tryed the layer system.. you just add the clothing image on top of the body thats all.. ( no positioning or resize needed )

Use this as base..

Then with gimp or other program to add layer on.. use either ones..

Of course the clothing image is not perfect and sometimes get transparency problems.. but its fully automated.. the result you see is made by pressing a button.. so with little work with editing manually they could be perfect.. unless i improve my automated method..

Same will work for every pytfall item once i make/render them.. you just past them on top ( but you might need to set some items to specific layer like cloak above all else.. while some goes under others and so on..
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:58:12 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6213 on: November 07, 2015, 12:29:21 AM »

What do you mean by bits ?.. like top and skirt separate ? leggings/shoes always are separate but i show them in full render when i decide to add them.. ( but can be done later on )

Yeah, I meant splitting top from bottom. Maybe stockings as well (I don't think that we have a eq spot for this), shoes most definite.

I already tryed the layer system.. you just add the clothing image on top of the body thats all.. ( no positioning or resize needed )

Use this as base..

Then with gimp or other program to add layer on.. use either ones..

Of course the clothing image is not perfect and sometimes get transparency problems.. but its fully automated.. the result you see is made by pressing a button.. so with little work with editing manually they could be perfect.. unless i improve my automated method..

Same will work for every pytfall item once i make/render them.. you just past them on top ( but you might need to set some items to specific layer like cloak above all else.. while some goes under others and so on..

I am afk for most of the day again :(

Maybe I'll be able to cook something up tonight, at least with those images.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6214 on: November 07, 2015, 07:37:24 AM »
Next..

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:04:55 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6215 on: November 07, 2015, 02:22:38 PM »
Didn't we decide to split the suits into bits?
We (you and me) did not, at least yet  :)

You see, too many clothes could not be split into top and bottom even in theory. So there will be top/bottom ones and undivided ones (like in sims  :D ), which will lead to advanced coding from your side and confusing concept.

Boots and gloves should be made separately, sure.

Maybe stockings as well (I don't think that we have a eq spot for this), shoes most definite.
The problem with underwear and stockings slots is that they are quite situational. When you wear a full plate armor, they don't matter, and you probably can't even wear stockings properly (I think). Also the only way to get many icons for these slots is to render them, they are way too rare without rendering.

Stockings could be a part of boots slot though, when combined with shoes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6216 on: November 07, 2015, 03:45:41 PM »
I don't care either way until we have enough content or way to create more content on our own at exceptable speed... Both item options (single peace or separate) will work with the current system and they both look great for it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6217 on: November 07, 2015, 04:12:56 PM »

Loaded into Ren'Py using the simplest of screens. If you can put enough time into it to make enough content for a few decent setups, I'll write the code for custom control of color, layer order, alpha channel, hue, brightness, subpixel positioning and etc. to use inside of the game. This is a simple variant using just five lines of code (absolute total, including screens and label declarations) at any time:

===
We'll have to add a lot of new tags for this, since we do not have any tags that can separate clothing from the body, but I don't think that it will be a difficult task either, just add a new extra tag called something like "pure clothing"... we can work out details once we have enough content.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6218 on: November 08, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »
Hm. Where are formulas for calculating damage and stuff inside BE?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6219 on: November 08, 2015, 12:33:33 PM »
Hm. Where are formulas for calculating damage and stuff inside BE?

Code: [Select]
        def effects_resolver(self, targets):
            """
            Logical effect of the action. More often than not, it calculates the damage.
            Expects a list or tuple with targets.
            This should return it's results through PytCharacters property called damage so the show_gfx method can be adjusted accordingly.
            But it is this method that writes to the log to be displayed later... (But you can change even this :D)
            """

Mostly here but there could be other references. It's possible for every individual attack to overwrite this so we may be doing that as well sometimes.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6220 on: November 08, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to balance it a bit atm.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6221 on: November 10, 2015, 06:05:06 AM »
Are you sure it's ok to have two effects_resolver functions (one of them is not global, and used for poison only)?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6222 on: November 10, 2015, 07:17:33 AM »
Are you sure it's ok to have two effects_resolver functions (one of them is not global, and used for poison only)?

Yes, I arrange it that way so each attack could be truly unique and would not have to interfere with general mechanics (as in Poison). None of them are global by the way, function that are bound to classes are called methods, children can access methods of their parents if needs be.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6223 on: November 10, 2015, 08:57:44 AM »
How can I access specific fields of equipped weapons during calculations, like type?

Also, how double weapons work at the moment? You still select which one to use, like it used to be?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:00:47 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6224 on: November 10, 2015, 09:35:24 AM »
How can I access specific fields of equipped weapons during calculations, like type?

Code: [Select]
char.eqslots["weapon"].type
char.eqslots["smallweapon"].type

Also, how double weapons work at the moment? You still select which one to use, like it used to be?

If they both have skills as most if not all weapons do, you'll get a choice out of the two skills under attack.
Like what we're doing?