Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821640 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6510 on: December 27, 2015, 08:33:44 AM »
Libido now is a local variable used inside the scene, calculated based on many things, including class, traits and disposition. Creating local, temporary stats based on many different global variables turns out to be a better practice than making everything global.

Do you think you can make an alternative for shaking, when the sprite is slightly thrown back and then returns to its original location? Will be very suitable for evasion.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6511 on: December 27, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »
Do you think you can make an alternative for shaking, when the sprite is slightly thrown back and then returns to its original location? Will be very suitable for evasion.

I can't see why not, how do we handle dodging btw? I never looked at how it was handled, is it passed to gfx methods already?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6512 on: December 27, 2015, 08:57:48 AM »
        def get_attributes_multiplier(self, t, attributes):
            """
            This calculates the multiplier to use with damage.
            """
            multiplier = 1.0
            effects = list()
            a = self.source
            if any(list(i for i in ["melee", "ranged"] if i in attributes)):
                evasion_chance = round (0.5*t.level + t.agility - 0.5*a.level - a.agility)
                if evasion_chance > 0: # evasion
                    if evasion_chance > 90:
                        evasion_chance = 90
                    if dice(evasion_chance):
                        multiplier = 0
                        effects.append("missed_hit")
I want to improve it further after we'll add skills for different types of weapons. For now I compare levels and agilities.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6513 on: December 27, 2015, 09:00:41 AM »
Oki, looks like it's passed, we should add a proper message for that as well. (like battle bounce or some other animation).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6514 on: December 27, 2015, 10:04:08 AM »

Sh!t this is a lot harder than it sounds as we do not have logic setup for this + it needs to replace the damage effect to sprite... I am about half done, gonna take a break.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6515 on: December 27, 2015, 10:50:15 AM »
I know, that's why asked you to do it  :)
After all, the original battle system doesn't actually support dodging, I did it solely via making zero damage multiplier designed to increase damage for crit hits.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6516 on: December 27, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »
I know, that's why asked you to do it  :)
After all, the original battle system doesn't actually support dodging, I did it solely via making zero damage multiplier designed to increase damage for crit hits.

Yey! Looks a lot cooler than I thought it would, this one was definitely worth the effort :)

Edit:
It'll do for now, we'll have to correct it for the future if we ever add cooler attacks that can be dodged and will require customization. I'll look into revive spell, that's also tricky and fun :) (but it'll going slow as I had one beer to many :) )
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:51:49 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6517 on: December 27, 2015, 02:53:01 PM »
Remember the lesbian scene for arbitrary characters you wrote?
In order to know if it should be available or not in the menu I need to check somehow if the scene is going on in a building with other female chars, and not anywhere else.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6518 on: December 27, 2015, 03:26:54 PM »
Remember the lesbian scene for arbitrary characters you wrote?
In order to know if it should be available or not in the menu I need to check somehow if the scene is going on in a building with other female chars, and not anywhere else.

It's been too long since I last dealt with that code, condition with plain True/False for now and leave some comments on what need to be checked exactly...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6519 on: December 27, 2015, 09:21:34 PM »
Oki, we now have a resurrection spell. I reduced the quality of the image but still have the original if this is not good enough. Best effect of today was still dodging :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6520 on: December 28, 2015, 10:04:30 AM »
We'll have to review the cost of spells and adapt it to stats system, it should be a lot higher.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6521 on: December 28, 2015, 10:27:29 AM »
I know. I made it low to test spells multiple times without mp limitations. Ideally mp should be infinite in the testing mode, or at least there should be means to restore it.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6522 on: December 28, 2015, 10:51:59 AM »
That reminds me, we used to support restoring items inside BE. This functionality should be restored somehow.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6523 on: December 28, 2015, 11:19:05 AM »
That reminds me, we used to support restoring items inside BE. This functionality should be restored somehow.

I don't think that we've ever supported items of any kind, but that would not be too hard to add. What you remembering is the default setup from Jake's BE, which allowed really basic items.

This feels like something we could past the beta release, for now I want to add the thunder (electricity spell) that till work along the same lines as Cataclysm for fire.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6524 on: December 28, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »
Decied to sort 700x gif attacks from marple into folders instead. I'll try to sneak in another spell tonight if I can.
Like what we're doing?