devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821184 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6555 on: December 30, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »
Can you up them to mega or something, I am having trouble with downloading the game :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6556 on: December 30, 2015, 05:37:45 PM »
I could if you want music and monsters sounds (about 25000 files, too large for db). As for animation, I still sort it out.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6557 on: December 30, 2015, 05:45:03 PM »
I could if you want music and monsters sounds (about 25000 files, too large for db). As for animation, I still sort it out.

We could do a couple of properly animated monster at some point but it's not that important. Spell/attack sfx is what I am really interested in the most (monsters are not important atm and music I don't really like, at least the tracks I've heard on youtube). Also if we can find the original massive scale animations for super spells, that would be cool, while it's not a deal breaker, I'd actually prefer normal background for the lighting spells instead if blackness. Or at least try that in order to compare both variants, we don't even need to make filmstrips to try, plain auto-animation/image assignment will do.

I am to tired to do anything tonight so I am going to take a look at the animations you're uploading :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6558 on: December 30, 2015, 05:53:53 PM »
I am not sure that I'd call those mobs summons, summon is something cute, interesting or sinister that can sit on be for a while or be summoned to do a really cool attack (or both). Those guys look like animated mobs. Spells/casting animations that are cooler than what we have should be a priority at the moment.

Massive spells for Water and Ice as well, I have ideas for both but it would be executed in a similar manner as the Tornado, as in simple animation made better through Ren'Py's ATL. We have really great stuff for Fire, Electricity and Earth. Wind is really decent as well. We could replace some of the simpler spells as well but it's not a priority since most of those are great and we already have animation for a lot of buffs (unless the have an array of animated status icons as well, I think that we have normal once somewhere, or maybe I do).

Edit: ====>>>
Most of those can actually make decent summons.

I wonder if there is some general rule they use for animations... or do they have special code for every animation sequence like we have in Ren'Py ATL image definitions. I noticed that to save space and improve performance, they cut all outer-bounds for all images so animations are not only not made up of uniform images but I am yet to see a common pattern to work with (like get the largest image from animation sequence, pad all smaller images and position them in the middle for example. I'll keep searching for pattern(s) looking at the once I like, even with common rule, I'd have to code a special class, without one, we'd have to do it by hand and it is a very complex and annoying process, especially since the best animations from the source have like 30+ to 50+ frames.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:12:40 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6559 on: December 30, 2015, 06:57:43 PM »
Ghm... I am not sure that all of them are even sequences. Some are prolly different power levels of the same skill... at least two of the "pillar" types should work if anchored to (0.5, 1.0). One or two just might work if anchored to (0.5, 0.5). There doesn't seem to be one general rule but it may not be as bad as I thought.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6560 on: December 31, 2015, 09:21:06 AM »
effect.skill.thunderStorm.0.0.png

This one is really nice... but I am still not sure how the hell are we supposed to load it onto the game. This one is particularly difficult, I am yet to see an acceptable way to load it with code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6561 on: December 31, 2015, 10:11:28 AM »
I still not see even the kick-ass stuff we're currently using in your uploads, save along any decent options for water/ice...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6562 on: December 31, 2015, 12:24:01 PM »
I don't unpack skills you already have in your db. At least try not to.

effect.skill.thunderStorm.0.0.png

This one is really nice... but I am still not sure how the hell are we supposed to load it onto the game.
If you try to scroll frames in standard windows viewer, the animation will be perfect. Since all it does is shows the image right in the center of the window, you should do the same if you'd like to use it, ie set some coordinates witch will be the center for all frames of the spell.

Too bad mobs and items icons are very bad in that game. I'm done with it, all decent sfxs and animations are in db. Atm I'm hacking a similar game, maybe there will be something more interesting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:26:23 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6563 on: December 31, 2015, 02:54:56 PM »
I don't unpack skills you already have in your db. At least try not to.

As I've said, original resources (that you're ripping) seem to be a proper animations on  transparent background... almost all of the animations that I found online are on black or even worse, a grey background :(

If you try to scroll frames in standard windows viewer, the animation will be perfect. Since all it does is shows the image right in the center of the window, you should do the same if you'd like to use it, ie set some coordinates witch will be the center for all frames of the spell.

No... they are really not. One or two are (the once I called anchor (0.5, 0.5)) are just that but most will fly all over the place if you do that in the game. There are some that are anchored to right, left, top, perfect-middle, bottom and etc. There are some that seem to work right if we took the largest frame, used proper anchors and expanded the boundaries of all framed to fit with the largest. And still, there seem to be some animations that do not conform to any of those standards, or at least I do not see it.

There are decent options for some spells here, I love of the the non-animations you ripped for a general Ice-Damage, in fact I've already pushed that bit of code. Prolly most of the animations we have are not even in the game anymore, they kept changing that sh!t according to source.

Too bad mobs and items icons are very bad in that game.

Chibi cr@p... I know :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6564 on: December 31, 2015, 03:21:38 PM »
Well, happy New Years!!!

See you in 2016!!!
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6565 on: December 31, 2015, 03:24:49 PM »
Surprisingly, that awesome wind summon animation wasn't in the archives. And some others too. So yeah, they probably removed some.

As I've said, original resources (that you're ripping) seem to be a proper animations on  transparent background...
Well, you see yourself how original animation requires multiple custom algorithms to be used. Removing bg might be easier.

I added to db 1270 spells sfxs from another game. Hopefully that will be enough for BE for the rest of development  :)

Happy New Year!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6566 on: January 01, 2016, 02:37:48 PM »
I took a look at the animations again, some of them are fairly straight to the point, others all over the place and most plainly require two or three different anchor setting (which are usually obvious).

===>>
I think best way to define them exactly like CW did originally and set proper anchors as required. I've downloaded some sound mixer, if I have time tomorrow, gonna try and figure out how it works :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6567 on: January 02, 2016, 10:06:42 AM »
I personally use cured of greed Mp3 Audio Editor for all sounds editing.

Alright, I finished with rewriting sex scene. Of course we always can use more lines of any kind, and also gui from issue 151, but the base logic is there.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:24:56 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6568 on: January 02, 2016, 10:33:30 AM »
You could just throw default bars there until we can find decent once.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6569 on: January 04, 2016, 01:15:04 PM »
It's just matter of moving code from check_occupation to assignment screen.
I'm not entirely sure how to work with screen language there. I suppose you should create logic when stuff checks every time when you try to change character assignment, and only those jobs character agrees to do will be visible in the list. Then I will be able to modify checks according to this logic.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:29:51 PM by DarkTl »