Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821892 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6600 on: January 09, 2016, 03:01:47 PM »
Damn  :)

There is a small bug, if you try to "Terminate" BE testing mode while spell animation is playing, the game begins to behave strangely. Character portraits and music disappear, but you remain inside BE.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6601 on: January 09, 2016, 03:10:53 PM »
Damn  :)

There is a small bug, if you try to "Terminate" BE testing mode while spell animation is playing, the game begins to behave strangely. Character portraits and music disappear, but you remain inside BE.

We have a loop in place there and I didn't bother to add a way to break it. You can click a couple of times until gfx/sfx loop played itself out and then terminate.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6602 on: January 09, 2016, 05:28:20 PM »
Now, if you can overlay sprite with animated picture, like this one, we'll have unique fire damage  :)

That's done, we now have like 5 sprite damage animations for fire (I threw in another one with the red sprite over-imposed over the flame).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6603 on: January 10, 2016, 03:11:37 AM »
Looks like you forgot to push then  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6604 on: January 10, 2016, 05:08:58 AM »
Looks like you forgot to push then  :)

Something prolly went wrong...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6605 on: January 10, 2016, 11:06:51 AM »
Fire damage looks awesome.

Either way, there shouldn't be the menu for picking weapon skill, at very least outside of testing mode. It does nothing useful, and will bring unnecessary questions.
Obviously, attack skill should be inherited from equipped weapons, they all have fields like "attacks": ["SwordAttack"].

Without weapons characters in theory should use fist attack. But we are somewhat bounded by battle sprites, in some cases sprites have weapons. So I suppose we'll have to add default attack type field to characters jsons.
As for dual wield with different attacks types, it could simply be selected randomly for now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6606 on: January 10, 2016, 12:33:34 PM »
Either way, there shouldn't be the menu for picking weapon skill, at very least outside of testing mode.

We may have something like a poison dagger or special weaponry. No, as long as we have two weapon hands, this is not a good idea. I can look into it if there is just the one hand or no weapon equipped at all.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6607 on: January 10, 2016, 01:41:47 PM »
There is a possibility that both weapons will have the same attacking skill. Thus we cannot directly use skills names in the menu anyway.
I suppose there should be the name of weapons, or maybe weapons icons.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6608 on: January 10, 2016, 11:57:19 PM »
There is a possibility that both weapons will have the same attacking skill. Thus we cannot directly use skills names in the menu anyway.
I suppose there should be the name of weapons, or maybe weapons icons.

We'll check for that, maybe even already do, I don't remember.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6609 on: January 11, 2016, 05:24:31 AM »
We'll also have to review how elements work so having a single element is preferable to multiple elements or the entire system is f*cked. Maybe also bind spell learning to elements. I'd like weapon skills but that will be too much for the beta, we've done a lot for BE as it stands.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6610 on: January 11, 2016, 10:55:11 AM »
Some elements already weaken each other.
Fire:
    "el_damage": {"fire": 0.5, "ice": -0.5},
    "el_defence": {"fire": 0.2, "wind": 0.3, "water": -0.6},
Ice:
    "el_damage": {"ice": 0.5, "fire": -0.5},
    "el_defence": {"ice": 0.2, "water": 0.3, "earth": -0.6},

Thus if you have both elements, Fire and Ice, which are opposite to each other, your spells will get zero damage bonus. You will get good elemental defenses though, but also weakness to both water and earth.
Well, at least if the system works like it's supposed to  :D

Basically, every element will give you 0.2 and 0.3 defenses to two other elements, but takes away 0.6 defense from a third element defense. You don't want too many elements because they will take more defense than give.

I updated my small "patch" for Cherry's naruto pack, it now has pics for two other characters.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:16:09 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6611 on: January 11, 2016, 03:12:32 PM »
Hmm. Jobs code picks texts depending on poses irrationally. You code it to check availability for all possible poses, form a list of available ones and pick one from the list randomly.

But since we allow all poses, we don't need all those long checks, we can get pose via get_image_tags after we pick a random sex picture.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6612 on: January 11, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »
Hmm. Jobs code picks texts depending on poses irrationally. You code it to check availability for all possible poses, form a list of available ones and pick one from the list randomly.

But since we allow all poses, we don't need all those long checks, we can get pose via get_image_tags after we pick a random sex picture.

That is true but it's older design, what you suggest is what we discussed last.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6613 on: January 12, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »
If you want to, you could code positive elements values to lose 0.05 of power per element. I mean,
    "el_damage": {"fire": 0.5, "ice": -0.5},
    "el_defence": {"fire": 0.2, "wind": 0.3, "water": -0.6}
for fire turns into
    "el_damage": {"fire": 0.45, "ice": -0.5},
    "el_defence": {"fire": 0.15, "wind": 0.25, "water": -0.6}
if you take any other element.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6614 on: January 12, 2016, 07:57:07 AM »
We'll also have to review how elements work so having a single element is preferable to multiple elements or the entire system is f*cked. Maybe also bind spell learning to elements.
And these things are opposite. If you need traits to learn spells, multiple traits become preferable to a single element trait, because you more likely will have a counter spell against enemy weakness with many different spells.