Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821700 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6720 on: February 19, 2016, 06:26:46 AM »
Well, all conflicts should be resolved locally. Without a software capable to do so it probably will be impossible to upload changes in some cases.

Actually, based on the text I feel like you can only ADD a file, not change something in an EXISTING one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6721 on: February 19, 2016, 06:34:56 AM »
Well, all conflicts should be resolved locally. Without a software capable to do so it probably will be impossible to upload changes in some cases.

That is a possibility, I am not sure how conflicts are handled. In some cases, like when you want to up a better image or improve texts but don't know how to use git software, this is not a bad bet.

Actually, based on the text I feel like you can only ADD a file, not change something in an EXISTING one.

You always could change something in an existing file as long as it was open text, ever since we've started with Git. I've did a quick test using an image, it looks like it will always attempt to overwrite the existing file in the repo when you use the new upload system. I am not quite sure what happens in case of conflicts though...

But even then, you can just branch out in such cases, branches shouldn't be too hard to merge together and deleting them is very easy.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6722 on: February 19, 2016, 06:40:40 AM »
I mean cases (rare in our case, but they still happened several times) when the repo cannot determine which line is more preferable. It usually happens when two coders have edited the same file at the same time, and you have to run a special tool in these cases to merge files properly.
In the worst case the oldest one will replace everything.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6723 on: February 19, 2016, 06:48:24 AM »
I mean cases (rare in our case, but they still happened several times) when the repo cannot determine which line is more preferable. It usually happens when two coders have edited the same file at the same time, and you have to run a special tool in these cases to merge files properly.
In the worst case the oldest one will replace everything.

I understood your concerns:

I am not quite sure what happens in case of conflicts though...

Conflicts are pretty rare, usually occurring when two people work on the same file and normally, someone who doesn't want to (or can't) figure out the git soft, will not want (be able) to solve a conflict properly. If in those rare occurrences, we'll have to do it anyway, this remains a pretty sweet option.

==>
I am not saying it can replace git software for development but it can make it a lot easier for someone who just want to check spelling/improve texts. Preciously you'd have to edit the files om site or create Pull Requests.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6724 on: February 20, 2016, 12:22:15 PM »
I made myself familiar with Illusion's custom maid games. They have some curious options like supervising a character during turn, no matter what she does, thus making her activities more successful. Also some service characters-only options like cooking/sewing/flower arranging/decorating. You can dispatch characters (servers in our case) to work in other houses for money.

Building, in addition to hygiene and popularity, has beauty stat. That's what characters increase when they do stuff like decorating.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6725 on: February 20, 2016, 03:01:03 PM »
Building, in addition to hygiene and popularity, has beauty stat. That's what characters increase when they do stuff like decorating.

This is an option, I was thinking "decor" stat for buildings. Rest is too specific for the scope of the game (imo).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6726 on: February 21, 2016, 03:37:25 AM »
Supervising seems a good option for managers though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6727 on: February 21, 2016, 06:23:09 AM »
Supervising seems a good option for managers though.

It does but I feel that it will only create clutter on the interface and confusion. Maybe we can add this after the release if it still makes sense then.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6728 on: February 24, 2016, 07:20:22 AM »
Hello all,

As iv said i was busy with work and this was my first opportunity to check up on things here and i like how interactions works now.. well as long as you correct a few things that is..

GM - proposition.rpy ( line 316 ) "Hire her as [char.occupation].": ( to ) "Hire her as [char.occupations].": ( else your can hire anyone from interaction ) ( you cant ignore and skip the error )
traits_class.json  ( line 122 ) "id": "Stright Prostitute", ( to )"id": "Straight Prostitute", ( else you cant get her job description without errors ) ( you can ignore and skip the error )

custom_screens.rpy ( line 229 )  xysize (140, 10000) ( ermm no wonder with that number lol.. i just add # for now it will remove empty spaces ) and looks like some of the max shows as empty
( looks like its from stats or skills that are been worked on ) like the +con not showing up in mage mantle stats

Also theres a error you cant skip when you want to give her money.. didnt had the time to check where that comes from.

Those are errors preventing seeing what was added even if some things are disabled/reworked atm..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:24:15 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6729 on: February 24, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »
Huh, that's weird. Money options worked flawlessly before, and I didn't changed a thing. And the error is really weird too, "Unknown keyword arguments: prompt". Xela has to take a look at it, could be an engine bug or something.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6730 on: February 24, 2016, 01:38:57 PM »
I'll take a look when I can, occupation thing makes sense as the system was changed, rest I am not so sure about.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6731 on: February 24, 2016, 01:46:02 PM »
Money options are based on disposition, current gold and unique flags. I have no idea how
temp = int(renpy.input("You proposed to help her with money. You have [hero.gold] G.", allow="1234567890"))
worked before but stopped now.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6732 on: February 24, 2016, 01:53:39 PM »
Hm. There were a few errors in money code related to wrong position of deleting variables which didn't existed, I fixed it. But that weird error remained.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6733 on: February 24, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »
Hm. There were a few errors in money code related to wrong position of deleting variables which didn't existed, I fixed it. But that weird error remained.

I've failed to fix the error... gonna try it again when time permits, otherwise we'll use our own input screen that we use everywhere.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6734 on: February 26, 2016, 02:53:16 PM »
Oki... so I've rewrote the entire item info screen to make it work again yesterday while traveling. It was one of the most difficult code rewrites I ever had to deal with but it's done. I'll take a look at fixing the input thing tonight and push the whole thing.

Rewrite was due to Gismo's code and he cannot be blamed for this as he really have tried to do his best and I cannot even begin to image how much effort it took to make the bad code work in the first place. In either case, all resources are still in the game and everything seems to be working really well now. My update should also be future proof.
Like what we're doing?