devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821710 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6795 on: March 10, 2016, 07:09:11 AM »
Not bad! ihmo the girl that you worked on few month back was just as good. This will make a good random pack if it ever gets finished.

Have you looked into how difficult it may be to render part of the images separately (like hair for example)?
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6796 on: March 10, 2016, 07:48:36 AM »
Have you looked into how difficult it may be to render part of the images separately (like hair for example)?

Part of the image separately woulnd be a good idea as everything is exposed to a cetrain lighting/diffuse.. so it would look bad.. but we could add any type of hair/clothing/accesoires as transparent over the main base img as long as it was redered in the same scene at least once.. so in short every template will have to render once all those thing to be added/swaped..
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:57:24 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6797 on: March 10, 2016, 08:26:36 AM »
so in short

What does this mean in terms of additional time/effort?
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6798 on: March 10, 2016, 10:06:38 AM »
What does this mean in terms of additional time/effort?

As Effort its adjusting hair/clothing pose for the first time you want to render them like 5-10 min the first time then Time is related to render time the renders i make now takes around 30 sec.. but thats like the lowest quality ever.. ( higher means less grain.. the dark dots that appears on the render )

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6799 on: March 10, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »
Ok, it's prolly not worth it for now.

If the rendering can be automatized (installing soft and script with all the resources required), we can help with renders.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6800 on: March 10, 2016, 10:52:36 AM »
I think I did something similar before in the code, but forgot where and how... How can I access the global day value that we use as the number of ingame days inside a python function without passing it from renpy?

So to resume so far i have..
They look awesome  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6801 on: March 10, 2016, 11:03:34 AM »
I think I did something similar before in the code, but forgot where and how... How can I access the global day value that we use as the number of ingame days inside a python function without passing it from renpy?

def func():
    global day # And day becomes as if you were working with in in global scope. (this is a way compatible to other programming languages)

This will also work:

def func():
    store.day = 100 # sets global day to 100.

def func():
    if day > 100: # checks if the global day is larger than 100 unless you previously defined a local day variable.

if you did:

def func():
    if store.day > 100: # this will always check the global day.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:05:40 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6802 on: March 10, 2016, 05:26:30 PM »
I played some more with the webm, red channel of the mask movie is used as a transparency channel for the original webm movie. That's why the cataclysm worked so well (although I am not 100% sure why the black background is removed).

Basically it's quite limiting unless you know how to edit movies and gifs really well. Truly transparent gifs might be easier to work with... same with filmstrips.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6803 on: March 11, 2016, 03:01:14 AM »
Webms are problematic because it's a closed format compared to filmstrips that could be edited freely, and because we don't have enough control over playing them (speed, direction).
When combined together, these two issues become a very big problem.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6804 on: March 11, 2016, 07:06:18 AM »
Yeah, they are like a bit like gifs but slightly more bothersome with the advantage of being smaller and working with more colors. I think I've understood where to use them and how.
Like what we're doing?

Offline deadkingblue

« Reply #6805 on: March 11, 2016, 10:05:43 AM »
Rendering parts indiviually, like hair, face and breast size is something already done in HHS+ which is still under developement. Also is actually seems rather easy code wise and the art is made using a program called kisekae.<-- prollly spelled wrong. Anyway a paperdoll system is something cool, but i don't think it fits the style of this game completely. While i don't think it would be a bad addition, i think that the effort while minor wouldn't add enough to the game for it to be worth it. Unless you used a randomly genereated paperdoll system for a random combat style enemy encounter with capture options and added a rendered status screen with paperdolls for the girls that show breast size (which would be changeable) and equiped items. So it would requier alot of work to add a paperdoll system. Also I will still fix grammar and stuff when i have time.  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6806 on: March 11, 2016, 10:12:35 AM »
Yeah, it's prolly not worth it if we're to mix packs. It's very time consuming to render so many poses and hair and/or clothing separately for them all.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6807 on: March 11, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »
Still, rendering is the only way to create packs for rare characters, and probably for most non-anime characters too.

Also I will still fix grammar and stuff when i have time.  :)

Btw most grammar errors get caught by notepad+ spellchecker plugin. I'm more concerned about how natural lines sound, as a non native speaker.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:56:48 PM by DarkTl »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #6808 on: March 12, 2016, 04:45:22 AM »
Dark can you check my last post on previous page i updated it a bit more.. from there you could tell me whats missing for a pack

For profile expressions it would be nice if you could provide me with pictures ( to see what we need to see of the char like full body or closeup on face )

Also i need more samples for every action.. those are the ones you provided in last time.. but i need more if i intend to do more than 1 girl ( i could change the camera angle to fake it but it would be best if its a new pose.. )
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:48:21 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6809 on: March 12, 2016, 05:24:30 PM »
All my samples were taken from my packs. If you need inspiration for poses, emotions or clothes, you can easily download them all  :)

Profile pictures don't have strict rules. An example of profile pic with revealing clothes. We don't care much about pose, angle or how much body parts we show, they could be any as long as the picture is non nude and pretty. Moreover, some pictures in packs belong to both profile and rest, an example. The character is relaxed enough for rest, but is not sleeping or something, so it's suitable for profile too. I'm telling it to show that profile pics have quite wide frames. But of course most pictures are like this, when the character is simply standing or doing something minor.

Girlmeets pics are basically profile pics that suit cases when you meet the character somewhere, or anywhere in the case of neutral background. An example with almost neutral background. Character is usually much closer to the camera, thus quite often we don't see legs or even lower body because of it. She cannot sit/lie, only standing pics. And she looks in the camera.  An example of beach-only girlmeets picture with another camera angle.
Thus, most girlmeets pics can be used for profile too. But only some profile pics can be used for girlmeets.

Here is archive with many examples of actions. I built it automatically with the help of file masks, so there could be a few clearly wrong images.

As for your pack, you could try to work with emotions. Stuff like shy or ecstatic very often implies blushing, so it might require another texture for faces, I suppose?