Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821621 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7020 on: April 02, 2016, 08:16:42 AM »
I removed all old conversions from db because it quickly became confusing when I tried to figure out which ones I don't have yet. I'll just reconvert everything again.

I think I cannot access some images because they are encrypted with a new algorithm which is not supported by the ripping software, and I never worked with encrypted data, so there is nothing I can do.

At the equipment screen when you select an item, the game shows you how stats will be changed after equipping/unequipping. Positive changes are green, negative are red.

And stats that don't change at all are red too, except health. Why? It makes no sense.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #7021 on: April 02, 2016, 10:30:46 AM »
And stats that don't change at all are red too, except health. Why? It makes no sense.

I need a screenshot of this.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7022 on: April 02, 2016, 02:19:26 PM »
Huh. It works as intended now, and I didn't even used recompile.
It worked like that once I launched the game after your last push.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7023 on: April 02, 2016, 02:59:21 PM »
Weird, I don't recall touching that code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7024 on: April 03, 2016, 06:01:53 AM »
Hmm.. been searching all this time but never found decent profile with angry/smiling/happy could you fetch me some image samples of those ?
( they do not have to be closeup just the expression with pose(if part of the body is seen) )
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 06:03:48 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7025 on: April 03, 2016, 11:38:58 AM »
Weird, I don't recall touching that code.
Looks like weird things happen from time to time. A month ago I had an instant CTD without usual renpy logs after starting a new game once I enabled previously disabled sound via that button in the top menu. Cannot reproduce it too, it just happened. Perhaps it's because we use prerelease version?

Hmm.. been searching all this time but never found decent profile with angry/smiling/happy could you fetch me some image samples of those ?
I'll take a look.

Offline sohz

« Reply #7026 on: April 03, 2016, 12:00:09 PM »
We still need writers, graphics and game designers so if you want to dedicate some of your time into development of this project, feel free to post here or PM me!

Hey i follow your progress from the start, i would  like to help but im not really good with english and with coding. Thescreens looks very promising ;)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7027 on: April 03, 2016, 04:03:19 PM »
Well, if you are good with drawing, we could use interface improvements here and there.

If not, you could create items, that only requires basic English and imagination, we have tons of excellent items icons.

Offline sohz

« Reply #7028 on: April 04, 2016, 10:04:35 AM »
Well, if you are good with drawing, we could use interface improvements here and there.

If not, you could create items, that only requires basic English and imagination, we have tons of excellent items icons.

Im not good with art but creating items? why not if that can help ;)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7029 on: April 04, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »
Xela, we are out of space in db thanks to marple resources. Consider cleaning your shared folder a bit, maybe removing clearly inferior animations.

Im not good with art but creating items? why not if that can help
For a start follow these instructions to obtain the dev version.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7030 on: April 04, 2016, 11:21:01 AM »
Here we go.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7031 on: April 04, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »
Xela, we are out of space in db thanks to marple resources. Consider cleaning your shared folder a bit, maybe removing clearly inferior animations.

I removed my folder, don't they give you extra space if you pay them for at least an year?

I don't want to add any more item filters (clutter in interface)... maybe the "building resources" could simple be added to unique items filter...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7032 on: April 04, 2016, 04:17:13 PM »
I removed my folder, don't they give you extra space if you pay them for at least an year?
Yeap, but we collected too much resources  :)
After devaluation db premium effectively became twice as expensive for me.

I don't want to add any more item filters (clutter in interface)... maybe the "building resources" could simple be added to unique items filter...
Yes, I suppose we could use it for all directly unusable items.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:14:34 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7033 on: April 05, 2016, 12:05:58 AM »
Yes, I suppose we could use it for all directly unusable items.

We'll leave gifts separate (for now). I'll look into merging two or more slots into one, I think it's doable since we're using a class for sorting so all the code is at one place.

===>
Transfer screen should be a lot better now, I'll fix the rest of the code after refactoring. Also advances cleaning job a bit but it's not yet ready.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7034 on: April 05, 2016, 02:21:07 AM »
We should automate the creation of spells scrolls. They share the same icon per element, the same name "[spell name] scroll", the same description except for spell name again, the same location (Exploration).

Creating scrolls manually for every new spell/skill is unwise. Price and chance plainly could be based on spell effect value or something, or could be set somewhere else.