devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821400 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7065 on: April 13, 2016, 07:05:11 AM »
You're right, it shouldn't matter where we export from to the encoder (I only tried AE really... I was very pleased when I found color channel manipulation as an option there, no guide would even hint on it and they were all bsing about using transparent backgrounds for layers when composing no matter what word combinations I tried to feed Google). .webm is a very straightforward format, one of the reasons it is well liked. You do get some options you can tweak, yeah. I don't know if it's better/worse that the converter you linked because I am using a different one.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:07:59 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7066 on: April 13, 2016, 07:38:31 AM »
I mean, at very least completely disabling sound, like in that online converter, may be useful for reducing size of webm.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7067 on: April 13, 2016, 07:58:51 AM »
I mean, at very least completely disabling sound, like in that online converter, may be useful for reducing size of webm.

Yeah, there is one click option to kill sound utterly and completely. Watching some online videos, I think that there is a quick and easy way for for third point (changing image time and making sure all other images adapt accordingly). If it's true, this is another huge win for AE. Alignment is not that big of a deal because in more complex animation you'll have to correct some frames anyway.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7068 on: April 13, 2016, 09:16:38 AM »
LMAO :)

I cannot repeat whatever the hell I did yesterday! Alpha channel doesn't want to move to red  ::) I still have the .webm files I created and tested in Ren'Py but I cannot recreate them from the same png sequence :D

Gonna keep trying to figure out the software.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7069 on: April 13, 2016, 11:43:39 AM »
Edit:

I still cannot figure out how to replace the channel, this is made through a calculations hack, it's good and all but it is not perfect as it was before :( Just did a large animation, size is down a lot but damned mask is pissing me off!

Edit #19325: :D

I figured out how to do everything we might need using AE, as well as a couple of cool SE effects, but there are like 200+ of those with multiple settings.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:59:55 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7070 on: April 13, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »
I figured out basics. Timeline is weird compared to CC. Mask kinda works like you described, with red taken from alpha. Alignment works too, as long as I implement it for all frames at once (works weird for selected ones).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7071 on: April 13, 2016, 03:10:48 PM »
I figured out basics. Timeline is weird compared to CC. Mask kinda works like you described, with red taken from alpha. Alignment works too, as long as I implement it for all frames at once (works weird for selected ones).

Alignment does some weird crap at times but I got it to work for the most part. Couple of images sometimes end up off but that can be fixed on frame per frame basis.

I also figured out how to work timeline, it's actually really simple. I can no longer get the mask to work like before, no matter what I do but I am using Channel Combiner instead now (Alpha to Only Alpha). It is working exactly the same as changing the channels were before.

I've changed MoZ to .webm, now without replacing background with black and pushed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7072 on: April 14, 2016, 12:24:13 PM »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7073 on: April 14, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »
That's insane  :D

I have twice as much space in db now thanks to people here at the forum, you can return to the shared folder your animations.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7074 on: April 14, 2016, 04:21:09 PM »
Done. I just pushed to private folder in the DB.

Didn't manage to get a lot done tonight :( Just a bit more logic for the cleaning job.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7075 on: April 16, 2016, 04:27:34 AM »
I'm improving bestiary screen. If you'll take a look at it, you'll see that the panel where we show stats of the selected mobs is too short, and it completely ignores my attempts to ProportionalScale it. Wtf?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7076 on: April 16, 2016, 05:50:53 AM »
and it completely ignores my attempts to ProportionalScale it. Wtf?

It's prolly the Proportional part, it means that it will keep the new image size proportional to the size of the original so if you want to to stretch all the way down, it must be stretched vertically as well by the same proportion... sounds perfectly reasonable and intuitive so "Wtf" is a bit offbase in this case.

I've pushed a fixed version. We have some really cool mobs btw, never really looked at them up close until now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7077 on: April 16, 2016, 08:54:45 AM »
Never had such issues with Proportional in VN mode.

At the MC profile screen frames stats like charisma have 1 pixel between them, but at the mobs screen they don't have it and as a result visually merge into one big frame. I don't understand how to fix it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7078 on: April 16, 2016, 09:48:35 AM »
Never had such issues with Proportional in VN mode.

It works the same everywhere.

At the MC profile screen frames stats like charisma have 1 pixel between them, but at the mobs screen they don't have it and as a result visually merge into one big frame. I don't understand how to fix it.

I initially coded that as two vboxes inside of a hbox but I didn't like how it looks with extra spacing so I removed it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7079 on: April 16, 2016, 01:01:19 PM »
Ah, so proportional part does matter. And scale() does it for any size. I used only proportional so far, and kinda thought it's universal.

Mobs in the list should be sorted by min_lvl field, from min to max. They are too chaotic atm. Don't think I can do that on my own.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:30:57 PM by DarkTl »