Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821284 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7305 on: May 02, 2016, 10:21:59 AM »
I started rewriting of the system that shows pictures during interaction sex scenes. That's a lot of monotone and simple work, and while the new system will be better, it's not required atm or even for beta. But it will be a great way to kill time at work  :)

I think maybe dating should be based on events. Like, every location has its own set of events, some unique for the location, some general. And you can move between map locations together with the character, and access those events randomly.

I recall I've seen something like that in Agarest: Zero, they show a city map, pretty much like our, and you should pick one of locations, while being limited by time ie the number of actions, and after every event you return to the map.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:27:20 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #7306 on: May 02, 2016, 10:35:42 AM »
Yeah, I've noticed the new functions with you last push :) We might make them more generic in the future but I can't really tell how atm.

We are not taking a bunch of stuff for consideration at the moment. Like we never check if there are any teammates present with MC (on the team) in potentially dangerous events/dates. I also still haven't completely finalized location/availability handling for the chars, it need to be more generic for effective coding/gameplay than it is atm, although we've made a really good step in the right direction.

I prolly got enough left in me to work on building interface for a bit tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7307 on: May 02, 2016, 10:53:17 AM »
That's why I think it should be a separate module, cut from anything else. We still show map and locations backgrounds, but in fact it's just the same pictures inside another system. Otherwise I'm afraid things will be messy when date events will collide with usual ones.

As for MC team... I assume usually circumstances require to act alone, unless it's an official battle at arena or inside SE.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7308 on: May 02, 2016, 10:58:04 AM »
We might make them more generic in the future but I can't really tell how atm.
Your function, get_sex_img_4int, already does it. But genericness does not allow the same level of customization as labels and functions that I use for interactions.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7309 on: May 02, 2016, 11:04:08 AM »
That's why I think it should be a separate module, cut from anything else. We still show map and locations backgrounds, but in fact it's just the same pictures inside another system. Otherwise I'm afraid things will be messy when date events will collide with usual ones.

We can prolly cook something up in the future. Separate module is a great idea for this.

As for MC team... I assume usually circumstances require to act alone, unless it's an official battle at arena or inside SE.

Yeah, but we need some guidelines on how to perceive member added to MCs team and how to relay that to the player effectively. Options are:

1) Whatever makes sense atm.
2) Teammates are always present with MC.
3) Teammates are only there for the Arena/Predetermined events.
4) ...?

Right now I am kinda going with option 1) subconsciously, not really reading too much into it but some event may appear where it is automatically assumed that teammates are there and other that MC is on his own... such events may end up giving the player a weird feeling afterwards (like WTF?, I just had two warriors by my side that helped me out in exactly the same situation last time and now I am all on my own)...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7310 on: May 02, 2016, 11:13:10 AM »
Eh, that's a sensitive subject. From the viewpoint of logic, a ninja might follow MC everywhere, but not a warrior in heavy armor. A slime might become liquid and unnoticeable, but an angel with wings and halo will draw attention.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7311 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27:46 AM »
Eh, that's a sensitive subject. From the viewpoint of logic, a ninja might follow MC everywhere, but not a warrior in heavy armor. A slime might become liquid and unnoticeable, but an angel with wings and halo will draw attention.

I doubt that we can afford to handle this shit @ this detail. You can pretty much find angels and slimes at any location so we can at least agree that it's normal.

The question is if we write the pop-up and functions that can easily clear MCs team and make that known at the beginning of quests and agree that MC is accompanied by teammates always otherwise. Or take no action. Or something else...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7312 on: May 02, 2016, 11:33:54 AM »
Of course we can, we just add stealth skill and problem solved  :D
Ninjas and other stealthy chars will have it 500+ from the start. Others will have to learn.

Or we can handle it per location. Like, in the village you cannot take teammates since it's kinda a secret location, but in the city they are with you. And make it clear somehow.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:53:07 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7313 on: May 02, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »
Hm. I think teammates should be unavailable for any jobs, including rest. I mean, they are almost always with MC, they don't have time to work in some specific building or sleep the whole day.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7314 on: May 02, 2016, 12:04:54 PM »
Hm. I think teammates should be unavailable for any jobs, including rest. I mean, they are almost always with MC, they don't have time to work in some specific building or sleep the whole day.

No, if they take actions, their APs will be taken just like MCs, with AP left, they can do jobs, same as anyone else.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7315 on: May 02, 2016, 12:11:59 PM »
Oh. So if MC has more AP than teammates, at some point they will be unable to fight while being in his team?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7316 on: May 02, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »
Oh. So if MC has more AP than teammates, at some point they will be unable to fight while being in his team?

Sure, try Arena for example, you cannot start a fight if one of your team member doesn't have the required AP.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7317 on: May 02, 2016, 12:58:05 PM »
Damn, there are too many variable to focus on in that interface and it's really hard to imagine what else we might need in the future... I am getting that damn headache again but it is moving forward :D

Gonna hack on it for another hour and call it a night.

Damn, Gismo's interface doesn't answer the whole load of questions and lacks a lot of much needed controls. Guess we'll have to get a little bit creative after all :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:15:11 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7318 on: May 02, 2016, 02:49:40 PM »
Damn, Gismo's interface doesn't answer the whole load of questions and lacks a lot of much needed controls. Guess we'll have to get a little bit creative after all :D

Do you have any idea about items in Gismo's Adventures Guild interface? He is adding a name of an item followed by a slot, followed by a star of some sorts, I think the idea is to represent a value of an item somehow.

I think we can do better while keeping interface clean, maybe a name + icon + slot? Or name + icon + star (based off some simple logic)? Or name + base chance to find + icon? Or ...?

I am spent, just pushed tonight's interface update.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7319 on: May 02, 2016, 04:14:43 PM »
I admit, I didn't know about that screen until now  :D

Maybe item tier. You know, how in some games, usually with random generation of items, there are common/unusual/rare/legendary/etc items.
Or it may represent the chance to find an item without numbers. White is common, green is rare, red is very rare.

We could show a small item icon and its name, or even only icon with name being visible in a tooltip when you select the icon (if it's simple to make). Slots are excessive information. Chances could be shown via stars colors. Like white 80-100% blue 60-80 green 40-60 yellow 20-40 red 1-20% violet<1%

And we shouldn't show enemies elements. We have the bestiary for that already, no need to show it everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:16:56 PM by DarkTl »