Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821645 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7320 on: May 03, 2016, 12:14:12 AM »
Maybe, it's hard to gauge some of those things... I am going to be off till tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7321 on: May 03, 2016, 04:37:07 AM »
I spent some time trying to make it work, but with no luck.
I have tags
tags = (["simple bg", "masturbation"], ["no bg", "masturbation"])
excluded tags
excluded.extend(["forced", "normalsex", "group", "bdsm", "after sex"])
And a function
    def get_simple_act(char, tags, excluded):
        acts = list()
        for t in tags:
            if char.has_image(tuple(t), exclude=excluded):
                acts.append(t)
        if acts:
            act = choice(acts)
        else:
            act = None
        return actt
So I should run it like
                else:
                    tags = (["simple bg", "masturbation"], ["no bg", "masturbation"])
                    result = get_simple_act(char, tags, excluded)
                    if result:
                        gm.set_img(result, exclude=excluded)
In reality however it gives result none, even for cases when there is clearly a simple bg+mast pictures exist.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7322 on: May 03, 2016, 06:21:22 AM »
You're forgetting to unpack:

Code: [Select]
        for t in tags:
            if char.has_image(*t, exclude=excluded):

and:

Code: [Select]
                    if result:
                        gm.set_img(*result, exclude=excluded)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7323 on: May 03, 2016, 08:26:29 AM »
Btw if you want to show mobs elements like Gismo did, they will be too small to understand multielemental ones with that kind of zooming, unless you will make them dissolve one to another instead of combining circle parts.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7324 on: May 03, 2016, 08:47:08 AM »
Btw if you want to show mobs elements like Gismo did, they will be too small to understand multielemental ones with that kind of zooming, unless you will make them dissolve one to another instead of combining circle parts.

No I do not. It is not the most useful information + we have less space in my version (I am using two wider frames on left and right). Gismo's variant is a prop with no logic attached to it, some thing are also not really applicable, like "stages" for areas, we've agreed that we are might not have linear progression to make things a little bit more interesting. Also stars that define how much of the area is explored are not bars but images so that needs to be taken care of as well since images do not translate into values like bars do (that part should be done).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7325 on: May 03, 2016, 08:51:04 AM »
I think stars are supposed to represent difficulty of the area. But it would be hard to judge when we have many areas, so we can use them for explored % too of course.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7326 on: May 03, 2016, 08:58:30 AM »
I think stars are supposed to represent difficulty of the area. But it would be hard to judge when we have many areas, so we can use them for explored % too of course.

I think Gismo meant stages to represent the difficulty. Or I could be mistaken, in either case, that's what I did :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7327 on: May 03, 2016, 10:24:37 AM »
If you wish to show items slots, you could use sorting icons that we use in inventories instead of the full slot name.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7328 on: May 03, 2016, 10:35:41 AM »
If you wish to show items slots, you could use sorting icons that we use in inventories instead of the full slot name.

Maybe... we can also do the tooltip thing, I liked that proposal. I am still very busy, if that persists, gonna do something simpler than interface tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7329 on: May 03, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »
Considering the amount of rape pictures, they will need their own function. Which inspects if the character has them and in which locations, and then returns the best possible option + tells the game about picked location to make sure texts are suitable.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7330 on: May 03, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »
Yeap... maybe I can come up with a simpler system... just pushed a tiny interface update, done for the night.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7331 on: May 04, 2016, 01:31:59 AM »
Considering the amount of rape pictures, they will need their own function. Which inspects if the character has them and in which locations, and then returns the best possible option + tells the game about picked location to make sure texts are suitable.

Rape is not a correct term for the argument, since it can be voluntary/roleplay in some cases. We are also not very likely to make extensive events/jobs for it for beta, not with everything else on the plate.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7332 on: May 04, 2016, 03:03:34 AM »
Rape tag based mostly on emotions. If the character is crying or something, it of course may be a roleplay, but it's also can be a rape.

Also, rape =/= restrained, restrained with positive emotions is less rape than non restrained with negative emotions.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7333 on: May 04, 2016, 03:47:52 AM »
Complicated...

I took a look at the func, there might not be a way to make it more generic, not without giving stuff up anyway. It might be worth taking a look at it again at some point cause it feels like combinations of tags/conditions could be used somehow instead of if/else forks but how no clue as to how.

+ perfect is an enemy of good, as long as it is working, I need to relax and focus on my own tasks :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7334 on: May 04, 2016, 04:09:10 AM »
Well, I jut pushed as generic as possible part for all *jobs acts  :)
It can be made even more generic with the help of jump, but I'm not sure if I should use jumps inside a python function.