Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821621 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7470 on: May 12, 2016, 09:02:52 AM »
What exactly you want managers to do though? Irl there are HR managers and CS managers, and they are very different "classes"  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #7471 on: May 12, 2016, 09:20:14 AM »
What exactly you want managers to do though? Irl there are HR managers and CS managers, and they are very different "classes"  :)

I wrote about it somewhere or at least I planned to (some of it is in issues I think/some in other thread/some mia) :D They will motivate workers, have some cool random bonuses, keep clients waiting for their turn longer, keeping them in the building and etc. Depending on their other classes, skills and maybe manager subclasses, I think you'be added a few of those already.

Basically, I am writing the "core" code now, at many places, we can add very significant "effects" that can change "flow" of the business. We need to come up with cases where we can change stuff significantly and relay those changes to the player in a clear and consistent manner (no point in over-complicated logic that translates to just different earnings without explanations).

How exactly? I am not sure yet... there are too many options and it needs to be combined with interface, reports and code, I have a long list of "possibilities" somewhere but it's easy brainstorm this stuff. Problem was that most of what I came up with was not plausible to implement in older system.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7472 on: May 12, 2016, 09:43:46 AM »
Huh. That's a lot of work for one person.
How about not having pure manager class, but only combinations? And a manager can only affect characters with the same class. And same for jobs: a whore manager can affect whoring business.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7473 on: May 12, 2016, 11:04:46 AM »
Huh. That's a lot of work for one person.
How about not having pure manager class, but only combinations? And a manager can only affect characters with the same class. And same for jobs: a whore manager can affect whoring business.

Nah, would be out of sync with the design. We can make it work but I'd rather allow more than one manager at some point + We can add extra effects if manager has manager + corresponding basetraits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7474 on: May 12, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »
Characters can serve a certain amount of clients. Cleaners can clean a certain amount of dirt.

When one manager capable to effortlessly control a whole building on her own without any help, including all customers and workers no matter how many we have, it's 100% out of sync with the design. Unless she has management skill 10 000 000+ maybe  ::)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:31:52 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7475 on: May 12, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »
Yeah, you're prolly right... we may have to go with multi manager buildings from the start.

===>>
I am going to take a stab at the shooting range again, some gfx resources are ready and I wanna see how they look inside :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7476 on: May 12, 2016, 12:40:20 PM »
The examples of "shooting range" games you provided last time are not particularly challenging or fun...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7477 on: May 12, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »
The examples of "shooting range" games you provided last time are not particularly challenging or fun...

Maybe... it's a minigame for possible future title. It's a fun bit of coding and a good artist will owe us one :D I am thinking of a couple of minigames with dedicated art for PyTFall at some point, maybe a well drawn mascot for a game with a couple of facial expressions... we'll see, it's prolly gonna be a decent game by an artist with a similar skill set to Akabur called Babe Runner (Blade Runner setting).

+ the simple prop I've coded for testing is kinda fun :D (in pytfall lab), I spent 3 hours trying to get a good score but never got it above 80 hits... I'll remove interactions restarts later, that should improve frame rate a bit.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:55:56 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7478 on: May 12, 2016, 02:11:18 PM »
Funny, nothing prevents you atm from adding slaves to the MC team and fighting together. But you can't change row for such characters. How weird  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7479 on: May 12, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »
Funny, nothing prevents you atm from adding slaves to the MC team and fighting together. But you can't change row for such characters. How weird  :D

I leave that for devs/mods to take care of, it may not always be desired to enforce those rules on BE level. Aka: They can fight but not allowed to, so changing their row is not useful.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7480 on: May 12, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »
But MC shouldn't be able to add slaves to the team, no? Because it's illegal. Unless it works only in the dev mode, I suppose.
I mean, I don't add them via code. I add them via usual button in the gui.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7481 on: May 12, 2016, 02:28:44 PM »
But MC shouldn't be able to add slaves to the team, no? Because it's illegal. Unless it works only in the dev mode, I suppose.

Team is not only for fighting... if we assume that chars on teams just walk around with MC. I just check if there are any slaves on the MC team before combat in arena/events and act accordingly.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7482 on: May 12, 2016, 02:40:21 PM »
Fair enough...
I think it should be more obvious that they accompany him, for example you always should be able to initiate interaction with them via MC team menu.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7483 on: May 12, 2016, 02:46:54 PM »
Fair enough...
I think it should be more obvious that they accompany him, for example you always should be able to initiate interaction with them via MC team menu.

Maybe... not for beta, we'll make a note of it somewhere instead.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7484 on: May 12, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
Hm. Slaves cannot equip weapons and armor, cannot fight or cast spells.
But what if they just stand in the first row doing nothing if you take them to battle?  :D