Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821364 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7755 on: June 22, 2016, 08:15:00 AM »
I am not sure that it's true. There are docs + the project + tutorial. It's a very complete set of basics + some advanced stuff as well. Maybe it could be better structured but that's asking quite a bit...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7756 on: June 22, 2016, 08:40:47 AM »
I'm building an rchar with build_rc. How can I specify her level? Simple $ new_slime.level = randint(10,25) doesn't work.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7757 on: June 22, 2016, 08:47:29 AM »
I'm building an rchar with build_rc. How can I specify her level? Simple $ new_slime.level = randint(10,25) doesn't work.
Code: [Select]
    def build_rc(id=None, name=None, last_name=None, pattern=None, level=1, add_to_gameworld=True):
        ''' Creates a random character!
        id: id to choose from the rchars dictionary that holds rGirl loading data from JSON files, will be chosen at random if none availible.
        name: (String) Name for a girl to use. If None one will be chosen from randomNames file!
        last_name: Same thing only for last name :)
        pattern: Pattern to use when creating the character! (Options atm: Warrior, ServiceGirl, Prostitute, Stripper) If None, we use data or normalize in init()
        level: Level of the character...
        add_to_gameworld: Adds to characters dictionary, should always be True unless character is created not to participate in the game world...
        '''

See... not just in Ren'Py, even in PyTFall we have docs at some places :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7758 on: June 22, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »
Spent 3 hours today to figure out a simple thing, how to change AND save npcs appearance in fallout 4, and I don't even mean 3D modeling, just changing and saving. It requires 3 different tools, and only one of them is official. It's amazing that people still make complex mods with that level of modding support...

Finished complex item that creates a slime rchar. It even somewhat protected from save scumming  :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7759 on: June 23, 2016, 02:20:18 AM »
I need to know who used an item with jump_to_label for items that could be used by anyone.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7760 on: June 23, 2016, 03:07:34 AM »
I need to know who used an item with jump_to_label for items that could be used by anyone.

Char instance should remain bound to eqtarget variable.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7761 on: June 23, 2016, 06:49:51 AM »
Well, I tried it like "if char<>hero" after jumping from item, it gave me "NameError: name 'char' is not defined".

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7762 on: June 23, 2016, 06:56:33 AM »
Well, I tried it like "if char<>hero" after jumping from item, it gave me "NameError: name 'char' is not defined".

???

Char instance should remain bound to eqtarget variable.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7763 on: June 23, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »
Ah, I misunderstood Char from your post with char variable  :D

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7764 on: June 23, 2016, 07:46:49 AM »
I want to add an item which takes health from one character and later gives it to another one. There are two options, either it always will work with the same amount of health, like 100 for example, or it could take 30-50% of max health, in which case I will store taken amount in a flag (a list of variables, since there could be multiple items).

But the latter case will lead to inconsistency in items, until now items with the same id worked just the same, but with flags stuff items with the same id will work differently.

What do you think about breaking items consistency like that? Worth/not worth?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7765 on: June 23, 2016, 10:18:42 AM »
I want to add an item which takes health from one character and later gives it to another one. There are two options, either it always will work with the same amount of health, like 100 for example, or it could take 30-50% of max health, in which case I will store taken amount in a flag (a list of variables, since there could be multiple items).

But the latter case will lead to inconsistency in items, until now items with the same id worked just the same, but with flags stuff items with the same id will work differently.

What do you think about breaking items consistency like that? Worth/not worth?

Well, health is not difficult to come by. We'll also might allow spell casting at some point, this kind of macro would be interesting in a game where it would be more unique.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7766 on: June 23, 2016, 11:17:52 AM »
Fair enough. I'll try with exp then, take 1000, give 500. Will be useful for training fresh chars.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7767 on: June 23, 2016, 11:43:16 AM »
Fair enough. I'll try with exp then, take 1000, give 500. Will be useful for training fresh chars.

You can't do that, characters cannot loose levels, traits/stats system is too complex to justify writing code for that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7768 on: June 23, 2016, 11:45:08 AM »
I'm not talking about losing levels. They just will need more exp for the next level, assuming that it is possible to reduce exp (never tried it).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7769 on: June 23, 2016, 01:11:05 PM »
I'm not talking about losing levels. They just will need more exp for the next level, assuming that it is possible to reduce exp (never tried it).

It should be. I am not sure what will happen to gui if you subtract xp right after leveling up...
Like what we're doing?